Hello Folks:

I am looking at getting a Bold 9900, and am excited about the possibility, however I am looking for the pros and cons for the phone.. please be honest.
    08-11-11 11:44 AM
    Coming from a torch, i really miss my large vertical screen. Other than that i can't find any other negatives!
    08-11-11 11:47 AM
    Coming from a torch, i really miss my large vertical screen. Other than that i can't find any other negatives!
    How's camera quality?.

Thanks.
    08-11-11 11:53 AM
    Pros:

- great keyboard (if you like keyboards, you'll love this one)
    - fast device in regards to basic OS features
    - good screen (not nearly as good as something like the iPhone 4's however)
    - touch screen is decent (though clicking small links is still bad)
    - great looking phone
    - external notifications
    - speaker quality is excellent, much closer to the standard the Bold 9000 had originally

Cons

- email software is REALLY out of date
    - OS7 is ok, and fast to get to programs with short-cuts, but the rest is *crap*
    - applications are crap if you're used to something like the iPhone 4
    - not completely customizable with shortcuts (main 'benefit' of a BB, and you can't customise home screen shortcuts?? what??)
    - camera quality is OK, but no auto focus. Certainly not in the same class as other devices, but gets the job done.

If you're talking pro's and con's versus other BlackBerries, IMO this phone has all the pro's over other BB's but the cons are that while the phone itself is good quality -> the software is relative crap by today's standards.

Bought my 9900 yesterday, replacing an iPhone 4. If it weren't for the better call quality of the 9900, and the fragility of the iPhone 4 I'd be back on the iOS platform in a heartbeat truth be told.
    BBxpress, joosen and mssca like this.
    08-11-11 11:56 AM
    Are there any spinning clocks or random reboots?
    BBxpress and mssca like this.
    08-11-11 11:57 AM
    what chorner said, it's ok but no auto focus :/

How's camera quality?.

Thanks.
    08-11-11 12:03 PM
    One of the greatest addition is 'Premium' version of DocsToGo pre-installed!
    08-11-11 01:57 PM
    Are there any spinning clocks or random reboots?
    you get the clock blinking when your downloading stuff off app world.. but it doesn't freeze the phone
    08-11-11 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD