Hello everyone!

Since the 9900 has been released in Canada, I wanted to get some early feedback from those of you who have the device.

How does the 9900/OS7 render HTML emails? I currently have the ViP4. It isn't a bad device but I hate typing on glass (I also hate the notification system and lack of sound profiles - let's be honest, I flat out miss my BlackBerry). One thing that will be extremely hard for me to give up is how nicely HTML emails render on the iPhone. Will the 9900/9930 have a similar experience?

Thanks!
    08-11-11 10:29 AM
    Hello everyone!

Since the 9900 has been released in Canada, I wanted to get some early feedback from those of you who have the device.

How does the 9900/OS7 render HTML emails? I currently have the ViP4. It isn't a bad device but I hate typing on glass (I also hate the notification system and lack of sound profiles - let's be honest, I flat out miss my BlackBerry). One thing that will be extremely hard for me to give up is how nicely HTML emails render on the iPhone. Will the 9900/9930 have a similar experience?

Thanks!
    here is a screen shot of an email i got from Skype..

although i have click on BB button and GET IMAGES

Last edited by knowledge_6; 08-11-11 at 01:43 PM.
    08-11-11 10:35 AM
    YES! I was going to ask this! Does OS 7 actually render HTML e-mails properly where you don't have to zoom out to see the whole page? Even to this day, I'm annoyed that my 9780 can't do this properly.
    08-11-11 11:40 AM
    Awesome!! Thanks a lot Knowledge!! This is exactly what I was looking for! I get a lot of email blast messages from retailers and such. I hated how on BB OS5 they never rendered properly. Everything always had weird alignment and a strange layout. I officially can't wait until November when I can scoop up this phone!!
    08-11-11 01:37 PM
    Does OS 7 actually render HTML e-mails properly where you don't have to zoom out to see the whole page?
    Can someone address this question specifically? It always annoyed the heck out of me how the Torch rendered HTML e-mail. Very frustrating. I have my fingers crossed that the 99xx will render HTML e-mail better.
    08-11-11 01:39 PM
    Can someone address this question specifically? It always annoyed the heck out of me how the Torch rendered HTML e-mail. Very frustrating. I have my fingers crossed that the 99xx will render HTML e-mail better.
    what do you mean? it fits everything on the page so you don't have to zoom..
    08-11-11 01:46 PM
    the 9900 has pinch to zoom in emails as well as the browser. works much better than os6
    08-11-11 02:43 PM
    what do you mean? it fits everything on the page so you don't have to zoom..
    It? The 9900, right? On the Torch, for example, if I viewed an HTML e-mail, it would be wider than the screen which meant that I had to zoom out to see the e-mail. There was no setting that would force the Torch to view the entire e-mail by default, hence very frustrating.

So, are you saying that by default the 9900 will display the entire HTML e-mail without zooming out first? If so, excellent.
    08-11-11 03:08 PM
    It? The 9900, right? On the Torch, for example, if I viewed an HTML e-mail, it would be wider than the screen which meant that I had to zoom out to see the e-mail. There was no setting that would force the Torch to view the entire e-mail by default, hence very frustrating.

So, are you saying that by default the 9900 will display the entire HTML e-mail without zooming out first? If so, excellent.
    from what i can see yes..

the skype one i posted fit the screen... the deal finder ones i get were just a TAD wider but still fit everything on the screen...

i don't really use HTML emails but from the ones i get they all seem to fit the screen..

maybe someone can give u a better perspective.
    08-11-11 03:10 PM
    To answer the question simply, the BB9900 does not render HTML emails correctly. I find it amazing that a device which is supposedly renowned for its email capability still struggles to perform this simple task - much to my frustration.

Given that HTML email rendering has been available on iphone for over 4 years, how can BB still release devices that struggle with this basic functionality?
    03-05-12 05:33 AM
    To answer the question simply, the BB9900 does not render HTML emails correctly. I find it amazing that a device which is supposedly renowned for its email capability still struggles to perform this simple task - much to my frustration.

Given that HTML email rendering has been available on iphone for over 4 years, how can BB still release devices that struggle with this basic functionality?
    Stole the words right out of my mind
    03-05-12 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD