Got officially launched in India too...

Factory unlocked from RIM and not affiliated to any carrier. You can use it with any of 11 GSM carriers in India offering BB services...

OS ver preloaded 261

MRP - 32, 490 = USD 700 approx...

Most importantly got mine

Regards,
    Suvo
    08-11-11 09:43 AM
    I can't comprehend how it launches in India before the USA.....
    Mikey112 likes this.
    08-11-11 09:44 AM
    Second largest mobile user base in the world RIM India saw a growth of blackberry users over 125% in last two years alone...

You get blackberry unlimited data plan in just 699 INR which is even less than 15$ per month , and that too on 3G ...

there are many more
    08-11-11 09:52 AM
    Congrats!!
    08-11-11 09:53 AM
    Everyone uses BB there I know but US carriers are really falling behind as far as hardware goes
    08-11-11 09:56 AM
    The cost is very high ..... i will go ipad2 10" tablet instead of carrying a 2.8 inch screen for mailing and browsing..... not worth of monty.
    08-11-11 10:03 AM
    RIM is doing the right thing, launching in overseas market like India which has growing blackberry users..The US carriers are putting iphone. android above Blackberry, time for RIM to pay more attention to overseas because that's where growth will come.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 10:03 AM
    Congrats, on getting one. enjoy.
    08-11-11 10:06 AM
    Now what I want to know, is what does your screen say under Options->About? I'm wondering what it says under the "3G Bands" section. Do you have more then 3 or 4 listed there?

In the US, they're all locked to certain bands so you can't get 3G on one carrier if the phone was originally for a different carrier. (AT&T & T-Mobile use different 3G frequencies) Technically the hardware on the board is exactly the same between them, but the bootstrap on the phone limits which bands can be used depending on which carrier it's destined for. Wondering if this is different as the phone is unbranded and direct from RIM.

Now if you've got all the bands available, that would be a phone worth importing to the US!
    08-11-11 10:15 AM
    Now what I want to know, is what does your screen say under Options->About? I'm wondering what it says under the "3G Bands" section. Do you have more then 3 or 4 listed there?

In the US, they're all locked to certain bands so you can't get 3G on one carrier if the phone was originally for a different carrier. (AT&T & T-Mobile use different 3G frequencies) Technically the hardware on the board is exactly the same between them, but the bootstrap on the phone limits which bands can be used depending on which carrier it's destined for. Wondering if this is different as the phone is unbranded and direct from RIM.

Now if you've got all the bands available, that would be a phone worth importing to the US!
    3G bands 1,2,5,6 - v 7.0.0.0.261
    08-11-11 10:28 AM
    The cost is very high ..... i will go ipad2 10" tablet instead of carrying a 2.8 inch screen for mailing and browsing..... not worth of monty.
    If that is the case, you can get a laptop too with that price, why to bother for a tablet ... Lets not compare a smartphone and a tablet, they are two entirely different products...
    08-11-11 10:29 AM
    3G bands 1,2,5,6 - v 7.0.0.0.261
    Aww, that's the same as the AT&T phones here, no AWS frequencies in that bandmap. Ohh well, it was worth a shot, thanks for the info!
    yerfgofe and suvo like this.
    08-11-11 10:30 AM
    How much icecream do I get for USD 600??? #getMoreForYourMoney!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    suvo, ericlc2, yerfgofe and 1 others like this.
    08-11-11 10:39 AM

Factory unlocked from RIM and not affiliated to any carrier. You can use it with any of 11 GSM carriers in India offering BB services...

OS ver preloaded 261

Regards,
    Suvo
    Where did u buy it from? Which store?
    08-11-11 11:47 AM
    Today,I got one from Chennai,India

Awesome!

08-11-11 01:51 PM
    sharing pic = win

lame wallpaper = fail

:P
    08-11-11 02:02 PM
    Does any one know if there is any of them available in mumbai?? and if so where??
    08-11-11 02:14 PM
    when is it coming to holland and uk? bb is really popular here!
    08-11-11 02:39 PM

OS ver preloaded 261

Regards,
    Suvo
    I might be making a trip to India for training the indian workforce for the company. I wonder what country is the device made of that got launched in India? Is it Mexico? Just curious...
    08-11-11 04:29 PM
    congrats! it's a real good phone.
    btw just wondering if they phone comes with chinese language?
    I'm working in india too sometimes and planning to get one.
    thank you in advance~

OS ver preloaded 261

Regards,
    Suvo
    08-13-11 12:57 PM
    Does any one know if there is any of them available in mumbai?? and if so where??
    got mine from the Blackberry Shop at Nepeansea Road
    08-13-11 05:40 PM
    I might be making a trip to India for training the indian workforce for the company. I wonder what country is the device made of that got launched in India? Is it Mexico? Just curious...
    I got mine in India on day 1.
    Mine is made in Hungary 3. No third world made phones for us . Although Hungary is not much above third world.
    08-13-11 05:51 PM
    I can't comprehend how it launches in India before the USA.....
    um,why don't you people pay off your debts first and then think about buying new phones. Your country has 14.2 trillion dollars to pay off.Pay that first.Buy new phones later.
    merp23 and deezy87 like this.
    08-13-11 06:01 PM
    um,why don't you people pay off your debts first and then think about buying new phones. Your country has 14.2 trillion dollars to pay off.Pay that first.Buy new phones later.
    Why dont you solve the lack of job oppurtunities and poor jobs you have and all the poverty before poking fun at others.

Theres more indians in my country then nationals. Pretty rediculous that your country cant make jobs for its people that they feel the need to go to other countries to get a job and decent salary.

Theres a reason India has a BBB- credit rating.

Heres a hint: it ISNT because your economy is stunning.
    Last edited by billybobjones; 08-13-11 at 06:27 PM.
    08-13-11 06:24 PM
    Why dont you solve the lack of job oppurtunities and poor jobs you have and all the poverty before poking fun at others.

Theres more indians in my country then nationals. Pretty rediculous that your country cant make jobs for its people that they feel the need to go to other countries to get a job and decent salary.

Theres a reason India has a BBB- credit rating.

Heres a hint: it ISNT because your economy is stunning.
    It has a BBB rating because S&P, Moody's and Fitch are frickin idiots and take money for everything. If they knew their backside from their frontside they would not have given AAA ratings to bonds backed by junk low level mortgage tranches and then made your economy collapse in 2007.It shows exaclty what their AAA ratings are worth ....nothing. And now S&P goes ahead and downgrades American Treasuries which completely wipes out the 2 trillion dollar savings that your congress implemented by raising the interest that America pays on their debt. You people should tar and feather the ratings agencies. America has never defaulted on their debt in 200 years and yet S&P goes ahead and does something so stupid.
    As for why Indians go to America, your fault.Ban immigration and train more Americans to the the jobs that Indians take. No skin off my back. I'm in India and love it here and would feel the same way if Bangladeshis would overrun my country. I feel your pain dude.
    merp23 and deezy87 like this.
    08-13-11 06:46 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD