Just came back from vacation a week ago (went to Hawaii) and used my Curve for texting and phone calls... I got my bill, I knew it was going to be expensive but close to $500 for less then 2 weeks is a bit ridiculous (I didn't use the phone that much.)
    Any idea as to how I can avoid overly inflated phone bill in the future?
    (aside from not bringing my phone)

Thanks
    Mrs. S
    08-20-08 10:09 PM
    There really is no way around it its not rogers gouging its the other networks you are on gouging rogers customers...
    08-20-08 10:14 PM
    i never roam with my rogers line. i usually pick up an at&t or tmobile prepaid sim card while im in the states. its soooooo much cheaper.

in fact one time i was at t mobile and i checked it out... its actually cheaper to get a tmobile plan, which includes north american roaming and use it in canada than getting some of the rogers plans. the trouble is then my canadian friends/family wont wanna call my american tmobile #.

ohh by the way, in my last invoice from rogers, they did mention that they are lowering roaming rates.

for blackberry plans , while traveling in the states, its reducing it from $0.01/kb to $0.006/kb. the flex rate plan will remain at $3/mb. for all other plans the us data rate will be $0.03/kb(from$0.05kb). and international roaming rate will be $0.03/kb from $0.05/kb. and the minimum chargeable amount will be rounded up to the nearest multiple of 20kb, previously 10kb. see rogers.com/roaming for more roaming rates.
    Last edited by avmsam; 08-24-08 at 08:52 PM.
    08-21-08 12:23 AM
    I'm in the States for a weekend and I had to make 3 phonecalls and about 10 texts...now I'm worried what my bill will be like! Hopefully not to high...I have all my services turned off and I turned off my data while roaming...hopefully that'll keep it down.

What's this about prepaid sims?!
    08-24-08 05:43 PM
    Just came back from vacation a week ago (went to Hawaii) and used my Curve for texting and phone calls... I got my bill, I knew it was going to be expensive but close to $500 for less then 2 weeks is a bit ridiculous (I didn't use the phone that much.)
    Any idea as to how I can avoid overly inflated phone bill in the future?
    (aside from not bringing my phone)

Thanks
    Mrs. S
    Didn't all of you have a class action suit against Rogers and their price gouging at one time?? The more I hear about them the more that I'm happy that they're not a US carrier!!
    08-24-08 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD