It's an exciting time with all the awesome new Blackberry Models coming out in the following weeks!!!!

Since the 9810 TORCH 2 is a new model, a lot of people may want to know how to unlock it, so we've shared the BlackBerry Torch 9810's Unlocking Instructions below!

First you will need your BlackBerry Torch 9810's Unlock Code (MEP code)

You can get your unlock code a number of ways

1) Call your carrier and request an unlock code, (tell them you're going overseas for a better chance of getting it!)

2) You can INSTANTLY get your Unlock Code from us at BlackberryCodeSource.com or from any of the other unlockers on Crackberry

Once you have your Torch 9810's unlock code, you just need to enter it following these simple steps.

1) Insert an unaccepted SIM card � one that's not from the network your phone is locked to.

2) Select yes when prompted if you want to enter an unlock code(MEP Code)

3) Enter your TORCH 9810's unlock code.

You will not receive a �Code Accepted� messages or anything of the like,
    but your phone will stand at the home screen.

Wait about 10-30 seconds and it should connect to the network carrier that the inserted SIM card is from.

(NOTE IF YOU'RE UNLOCKING A BELL/TELUS 9810 you may need to switch the phone to GSM MODE if it's not yet set to it. You
    can do this in the network settings section.)

That's it! Easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

or

1) Go to Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> Sim Card

2) Slide the physical keyboard out -> Type the letters "mepd" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)

3) Once you see the Personalization Screen keep the alt button pressed and type "MEP2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing).

4) Enter the provided unlock code when prompted!

-We always recommend to do a Battery pull after unlocking your Blackberry Torch 9810

Now you're free to use your BlackBerry TORCH 9810 with any GSM network worldwide!

If you have any Blackberry related questions at all send us an email, we're happy to help!

Cheers!
    Last edited by BlackberryCodeSource; 09-09-11 at 06:55 PM.
    08-11-11 05:13 AM
    Guys,

There's an additional way to unlock the phone if you don't have a sim from a different network at the moment.

We will post it today

Cheers!
    08-14-11 05:47 PM
    This is how
    1-Power the phone with a non-allowed SIM card and you will be prompted to enter the code.
    or
    1- Go to Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/Sim Card
    2-Slide the physical keyboard out.
    3-Type the letters "mepd" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)
    4-Once you see the Personalization Screen type "mep [alt] 2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing).
    5- Enter code when prompted
    6-We always recommend to do a Battery pull after unlocking your Blackberry Torch 9810
    08-16-11 09:00 PM
    Updated

Cheers!
    08-16-11 10:51 PM
    Always a pleasure!
    08-17-11 08:42 AM
    I have unlocked many BlackBerrys using the MEPD, MEP2 method without any problems. After unlocking, the devices always showed Network as "Disabled" and they were unlocked.

I just unlocked my Torch 9810 and I was surprised by two things: (1) when I typed in MEP2, nothing happened (I didn't get the box to enter the unlock code). So I used the method where I inserted a non-accepted SIM card (a China Mobile SIM into an AT&T 9810) and input the unlock code. (2) After unlocking, Network shows "Inactive", instead of "Disabled", but I believe the device to be unlocked.

I've searched and found instructions for the 9810 all of which indicate that typing in MEP2 should have opened a box to input the unlock code. I've also found that others encountered "Inactive" instead of "Disabled" and that either indicates that the device is unlocked. However, I speculate there must be a difference between the two.

My questions are: (1) Why didn't MEP2 work? and (2) Is there a difference between "Disabled" and "Inactive"?

Thanks for your answers.
    08-22-11 11:12 AM
    I have unlocked many BlackBerrys using the MEPD, MEP2 method without any problems. After unlocking, the devices always showed Network as "Disabled" and they were unlocked.

I just unlocked my Torch 9810 and I was surprised by two things: (1) when I typed in MEP2, nothing happened (I didn't get the box to enter the unlock code). So I used the method where I inserted a non-accepted SIM card (a China Mobile SIM into an AT&T 9810) and input the unlock code. (2) After unlocking, Network shows "Inactive", instead of "Disabled", but I believe the device to be unlocked.

I've searched and found instructions for the 9810 all of which indicate that typing in MEP2 should have opened a box to input the unlock code. I've also found that others encountered "Inactive" instead of "Disabled" and that either indicates that the device is unlocked. However, I speculate there must be a difference between the two.

My questions are: (1) Why didn't MEP2 work? and (2) Is there a difference between "Disabled" and "Inactive"?

Thanks for your answers.
    Glad to hear you're unlocked. It seems like on Blackberry 7 you actually need to press and hold the ALT key while typing MEP2 instead of the previous method which was MEP (alt) button 2. As far as Inactive/Disabled, no difference at all, both mean unlocked.
    08-22-11 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the answers, but I did try holding down the ALT key while typing in MEP2. That's not the problem. The device doesn't seem to react to MEP2 regardless of how it's input.

While both "Inactive" and "Disabled" seem to indicate that the device is unlocked, like anything else in systems and computers, there must be a difference for the devices to generate the different messages.

My questions are still open.

Thanks.
    08-22-11 12:11 PM
    Interesting...we'll try to test another unit today. The difference Disabled/Inactive is just the way the OS has been built. There is only 1 possible code for each Blackberry and if a phone was set to display Disabled when unlocked it will never display Inactive.

From our experience, most GSM only Blackberrys will display Disabled when unlocked. The ones displaying Inactive are the dual technology ones GSM/CDMA like 9530, 9550, 9630, 9930 etc...
    08-22-11 12:15 PM
    I don't believe the 9810 is dual technology.

Does anyone who knows care to answer:

(1) Why doesn't MEP2 seem to work on the 9810, and (2) What is the difference between "Inactive" and "Disabled" even though both indicate the device is unlocked?
    08-22-11 12:21 PM
    No it's not which is why we said "most". We've already asked the question to RIM employees at conventions and conferences and that's the same answer we got from all of them.
    08-22-11 12:23 PM
    cellunlocknet: Why do you respond to questions you clearly don't know the answer to? Please let those who know have a chance to respond.
    08-22-11 01:08 PM
    cellunlocknet: Why do you respond to questions you clearly don't know the answer to? Please let those who know have a chance to respond.
    With all due respect we gave you the answer we were given by RIM. You are looking for an answer that simply doesn't exist at the moment. You should call RIM and ask. Maybe other unlockers here can give their input.

No need to get irritated.

Enjoy your Blackberry...unlocked.
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 08-22-11 at 01:16 PM.
    08-22-11 01:12 PM
    We just asked another Tech at RIM and his answer was:

Disabled means unlocked by code and Inactive means the lock was not Active to begin with. In your case LOCK was Active and switched to Inactive so doesn't make sense either. Maybe a reboot might change it to Disabled.
    08-22-11 01:32 PM
    Thanks for sharing that information. great post.
    08-22-11 10:35 PM
    Some people should have their imei's blacklisted.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    08-22-11 11:12 PM
    yeah thats great effort...
    09-01-11 05:34 AM
    The following text is running rampant over the internet:

Unlock Instructions for Blackberry

Blackberry Torch 9800 Unlocking Instructions

1-Power the phone with a non-allowed SIM card and you will be prompted to enter the code.
    or
    1- Go to Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/Sim Card
    2-Slide the physical keyboard out.
    3-Type the letters "mepd" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)
    4-Once you see the Personalization Screen type "mep [alt] 2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)
    5- Enter code when prompted
    6-We always recommend to do a Battery pull after unlocking your Blackberry Torch 9800

All works well up till you get to line #4. This works for the 9800.

But for the 9810, you have to >PRESS AND HOLD THE 'ALT' key WHILE you TYPE 'MEP2'.

I ran into this problem with my upgrade from the 9800 to the 9810 when I went to unlock the new 9810 that I got.

Here is the link to verify and confirm my findings: **Awesome Video**

Happy BlackBerrying To All !!!!
    09-03-11 11:36 PM
    AWESOME! So happy I ran across this thread! I had purchased an unlock code, but it didn't work, until I found out about holding down the alt key.

Unlocked now!
    09-04-11 08:25 AM
    ALT key is the trick on OS7 ...
    09-04-11 11:55 AM
    AWESOME! So happy I ran across this thread! I had purchased an unlock code, but it didn't work, until I found out about holding down the alt key.

Unlocked now!
    Good for you this is what so great about CrackBerry, so much info about Blackberry... just find whatever you need here.

Enjoy your unlocked Blackberry Torch
    09-04-11 10:01 PM
    Great

glad you got it unlocked!

Unlocked now!
    09-09-11 06:56 PM
    Fun fact: On the Torch 9810, when you are entering the "MEP2" to get the code-prompt onscreen, it will also work if you put the phone in "Num Lock" mode first, instead of having to hold the "alt" button.

i.e. These are equivalent:
    "4-Once you see the Personalization Screen hold "alt" and type "mep2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)"

and
    4-Once you see the Personalization Screen press "alt" once (do not hold it), then the left-shift once (do not hold it; the top-right of the screen will display a "123" block, indicating that num-lock is now turned on), then type "mep2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)

Nothing fancy, but I thought it was amusing, and may make it easier not to fat-finger the entry sequence for some.
    12-09-11 03:00 PM
    Hi Greenknight66,

Thanks for the addition!

May prove useful for some people

Cheers,

James
    12-09-11 03:13 PM
    Fun fact: On the Torch 9810, when you are entering the "MEP2" to get the code-prompt onscreen, it will also work if you put the phone in "Num Lock" mode first, instead of having to hold the "alt" button.

i.e. These are equivalent:
    "4-Once you see the Personalization Screen hold "alt" and type "mep2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)"

and
    4-Once you see the Personalization Screen press "alt" once (do not hold it), then the left-shift once (do not hold it; the top-right of the screen will display a "123" block, indicating that num-lock is now turned on), then type "mep2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)

Nothing fancy, but I thought it was amusing, and may make it easier not to fat-finger the entry sequence for some.
    Thanks for sharing!
    12-09-11 03:15 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD