I know that the 9800 had problems with build quality with the slider being loose on a lot of them. Has that been fixed on the 9810? For those who have both, does the slider still have movement in it?
    08-10-11 11:04 PM
    To be honest i had my 9800 for 1 year and i didn't have any problem with the sliding mechanism, how ever i cant say any thing at this moment about the new torch 9810, but one thing is for shore when i slide up the phone it sounds different form the old one and i might think, this build is better then the old one .

Give Us 2 weeks and we can told you if the mechanism is loose or has any problems .

Open-Close-open-close
    Open-Close-open-close
    Open-Close-open-close
    Open-Close-open-close
    Open-Close-open-close
    Open-Close-open-close
    So many times and i still didn't get the moving part looks like this device is stiff! strong and well tighten.
    Last edited by UnknownError507; 08-11-11 at 05:22 PM.
    08-10-11 11:12 PM
    I think they must have fixed it. I recently had my Torch swapped out on a hardware problem and my new one is tight! No wobble or anything. I am hopeful that the 9810 is the same! I enjoy the Torch form and want to see the speed of the 9810!
    08-10-11 11:45 PM
    I know that the 9800 had problems with build quality with the slider being loose on a lot of them. Has that been fixed on the 9810? For those who have both, does the slider still have movement in it?
    I use my torch around a year (very, very intensive... Data-Volume 3-4 GB monthly), but I never recognize any problems with the hardware, especially with the slider! "Murphys law" works also in a mechanic way and a slider is (of course) more predestinated for mechanical/hardware-failures... but it works correct... :-)
    08-11-11 12:19 AM
    I recall obsessing over the "wobble" problem with the slider open a year ago. I swapped two Torches out in the first week of release because of the problem. The device I finally ended up with has a very slight amount of play, but it never worsened after a year of use and abuse. Thumbs up on build quality, then, and I can't imagine it would get anything but better on the 9810.
    08-11-11 06:15 AM
    I�ve had my Torch 9800 since February. I am heavy user.. never had an issue with the sliding mechanism. My feeling is, as other people have stated, that this problem was fixed after the initial launch of the device, and therefore the 9810 should be free of this issue from the very start.
    08-11-11 09:24 AM
    The sliding mechanism on the Torch drove me crazy. I even sent mine in for repair and it still had a wobble. I eventually got a Bold. I found similar issues on other Torches I came across. I hope the 9810 has a better sliding mechanism.
    08-11-11 09:34 AM
    I had to swap out my first 9800 for the slider wobble, but the second one I got was just fine. My biggest gripe is with the bezel creaking. Hopefully the 9810 won't have any of the creaking or battery door wiggle, makes it feel cheap
    08-12-11 12:15 AM
    I bought my Torch in February (built in Mexico November 2010) and the slider wobble started in March around a month later. I went to the carrier in April and they said: ''that's normal on the Torch, we can't change the device because of that'' and I was like... SOAB! but I putted a piece of something in the phone and is slightly better but is not completely solid yet. That's the reason why I want to get a Bold 9780!

But I think it's soon to know if the Torch 9810 has the same issue (i hope not), we have to wait a month or something like that to know.
    08-12-11 06:21 PM
    I would say less than 10 days to wait for AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 07:22 AM
    New one feels much more solid, but I agree give it a few weeks then we can determine for sure.
    08-13-11 02:57 PM
    I would concur with the above poster. I've got the 9810 and the whole device feels much more solid than my early build 9800.
    08-15-11 10:31 AM
    On my torch, i have some scuff marks where slider closes and probably related to build quality. Has anyone experienced on their 9810?
    08-16-11 01:27 PM
    Lots of people were way too picky with the slider on the 9800. I didn't find mine to be a bother at all. The slider on the 9810 feels slightly different then the 9800, there is still some side-to-side wiggle if you physically try to wiggle the screen. But under normal use, that wiggle is never noticed.

I'm sitting here with my 9800 in one hand and my 9810 in the other, sliding them both open and closed. The 9810 is slightly stiffer, and has a different sound when it closes.
    08-16-11 07:55 PM
    I have user torch 1 for more than a year now, no issues at all from slider. Strong.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    08-16-11 08:01 PM
    Bah! Mine was perfect! and then I dropped it on a tile floor, and now it wobbles. Any idea how I might try fixing that? Maybe without voiding the warranty?
    10-17-11 02:29 PM
    I recently had my 9800 (white) ( 2 weeks or so ) and I did get the shaking problem but that was after the phone dropped, funny thing about it was that I had a hard case on it. However the torch (black) I had before the white one dropped several times without a case on it and it never shook. In my personal experience with the torch i find that the black one feels a bit more sturdy than the white one ( just my observation ) and also the cases for these pones has some part to play in the shaking because the little clips that connect the case to the phone are fitting into some narrow spaces and when they hit the ground something happens. So when i get this 9810 tomorrow i'll holla back
    10-19-11 06:47 AM
    When I got my first Torch 9800, I swapped it out a few times because of the wobble (would wobble when it was open or closed). The last one I got was solid.

I just upgraded to the Torch 9810 and notcied a slight wobble while it is closed. Yes, I am pipcky, but prefer a solid device. I am going to wait a few days to see. I am also going to talk with my sales rep from AT&T.

IMHO, this is a more solid device, much faster.
    10-25-11 12:06 PM
    The only problem I have had with the torch 2 is the screen doesn't go from portrait to landscape when it should, and the virtual keyboard doesn't come up when it should. I have the option selected to open virtual keyboard on slider closed, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Sometimes I flip the torch sideways with the slider closed and watch to see if it comes up with the virtual keyboard, and it will pop open after 30 seconds, sometimes more... it's like the little elf responsible for dropping the virtual keyboard has fallen asleep and then another little elf comes up and slaps him a minute later "Wake up, you're on!"
    10-31-11 01:39 AM
    The only reason I was reluctant to buy this phone was slider because of my past experience of Nokia 6265.

But The slider is solid on my 9810. I think we need to prevent falls and everything will be ok. Let's see how I'm going to manage this...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    11-01-11 10:29 AM
    Hi all,

Further to this... I now have a Torch 9810... and yes, when the slider is closed, there is a definite (AND ANNOYING) wobble. It is not solid at all.

If anyone else has one that is solid, would be great to hear.

Sorry, but I AM fussy about these kind of things, and I paid for the phone. I'm thinking to just sell it and go for Bold 9900. at least it'll stay in one plays when I use it........

:-(
    01-09-12 12:20 PM
    My 9810 is solid. I've actually made a point of playing with it to see if there's any play, any give or any wobble and I can happily confirm there is none. No wobble whatsoever.
    01-09-12 01:27 PM
    No wobble here!
    01-09-12 02:46 PM
    When I got my first Torch 9800, I swapped it out a few times because of the wobble (would wobble when it was open or closed). The last one I got was solid.

I just upgraded to the Torch 9810 and noticed a slight wobble while it is closed. Yes, I am picky, but prefer a solid device. I am going to wait a few days to see. I am also going to talk with my sales rep from AT&T.

IMHO, this is a more solid device, much faster.
    OK, the above quote is what I had written when I first got my Torch 9810. Mind you, I went through several Torch 9800's before I had a Torch with a solid slider mechanism. Since having the Torch 9810, I have had it replace 3 times, and I am now waiting for my forth device because of the wobble in the slider mechanism.
    01-09-12 08:31 PM
    I'm wondering if this is like the 9780 keyboard stutter issue; some people had it and some didn't.
    01-09-12 10:48 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD