okay, seeing everyone else getting a new bold is starting to make me quite jealous and to be perfectly honest i don't think i can wait much longer!! So any information for ATTs release date would be much appreciated, anything, even rumors will help!!! i just need some info to hold me over, please and thanx youss
    mathan est mort likes this.
    08-10-11 10:48 PM
    Oct or Nov of this year is what the rumors are for AT&T from what I have seen. It just went into field testing a week or two ago which could mean an Oct release. But according to sources here on CB they will be holding back the release to Nov in orer to push the Torch 9810 and iPhone 5.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    08-10-11 10:56 PM
    very disappointing.. i absolutely love blackberrys, but the longer i wait, the longer i think about purchasing the iphone 5.. yall understand?
    08-10-11 11:05 PM
    Yes but bb is just that good, and you WILL wait. Gabiche?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 11:53 PM
    I'm not interested in waiting either, any word if the unlocked versions will work with ATT hspa+???
    08-11-11 01:33 AM
    I also want to know if I buy a bold 9900 outright from Rogers or Bell, and I unlock it, will it work with att hspa+?
    twigg likes this.
    08-11-11 02:54 AM
    I also want to know if I buy a bold 9900 outright from Rogers or Bell, and I unlock it, will it work with att hspa+?
    To use with AT&T? Get a Rogers 9900.
    08-11-11 05:47 AM
    9900 is hspa+
    November release for ATT... Unfortunately

08-11-11 06:18 AM
    My grandson is on ATT & I'm on Vzw. He's bummed it looks like I'll receive my Bold Touch before he gets his (I suppose 'kids' feel entitled to have more up-to-date devices than we ole-coots). Anyway, I told him to look at it this way, once he can get his emotions in check : just like I read the experiences of those who have the 99xx in their hands now he (& all you att-folk) could look at those who have devices-in-hand before you receive yours as your 'alpha team.'
    Read on what problems we have so when you finally receive y'all's you know what to look for, how to fix things that aren't right just out of the box, fine-tune based on others being the guinea pig, etc.
    Over 60 years learning how to dance the watusi on this beautiful blue-green planet plus 2 combat tours in VNam taught me for some things one has to make lemonade from lemony situations.
    Last edited by gortfulcanelli; 08-11-11 at 07:49 AM.
    08-11-11 07:41 AM
    Paid my I phone bill 2 days ago in store. As I posted earlier I ask the mgr about Bold expecting a response like we have No info on that unfortunately! But she Matter of factly said "it comes out in November around 22 could be little earlier, she said it's called the Dakota and I just got a future product update yesterday and it was on it.. She wasn't trying to get me to buy another phone cause I didn't act like I wanted another phone she knew what she was talking about ...

08-11-11 07:49 AM
    According to leaked carriers roadmap, Nov 22nd is the schedule release date on att.
    08-11-11 07:55 AM
    To use with AT&T? Get a Rogers 9900.
    A Bell 9900 will also work with AT&T on HSPA+, and I would totally go with that one if you want a completely unbranded device.
    08-11-11 08:41 AM
    Boy, if I had a nickel every time this topic was brought up ...I'd have a s--t-ton of nickels.

Yes but bb is just that good, and you WILL wait. Gabiche?

Gabiche?

Capiche?
    08-11-11 08:45 AM
    According to leaked carriers roadmap, Nov 22nd is the schedule release date on att.
    This is shaping up EXACTLY like the 9000 release back in 2008. That Bold was also released in Canada in August and also wasn't released by AT&T until November. That was a frustrating wait. (And it'll be even worse now with VZW and Sprint getting the phone earlier.) The only upside was that AT&T customers didn't have to put up with the initial problem the 9000 had. Just sayin' . . . .
    08-11-11 08:51 AM
    This is shaping up EXACTLY like the 9000 release back in 2008. That Bold was also released in Canada in August and also wasn't released by AT&T until November. That was a frustrating wait. (And it'll be even worse now with VZW and Sprint getting the phone earlier.) The only upside was that AT&T customers didn't have to put up with the initial problem the 9000 had. Just sayin' . . . .
    I remember those days....I'm still rocking the 9000 from Nov 2008!

Anyway, I doubt we'll see the hiccups with the 9900 like we did with the 9000 generation.
    08-11-11 09:15 AM
    A Bell 9900 will also work with AT&T on HSPA+, and I would totally go with that one if you want a completely unbranded device.
    A Bell device has the same 3G bands? Tell me more!
    08-11-11 09:16 AM
    Paid my I phone bill 2 days ago in store. As I posted earlier I ask the mgr about Bold expecting a response like we have No info on that unfortunately! But she Matter of factly said "it comes out in November around 22 could be little earlier, she said it's called the Dakota and I just got a future product update yesterday and it was on it.. She wasn't trying to get me to buy another phone cause I didn't act like I wanted another phone she knew what she was talking about ...

08-11-11 09:59 AM
    Any new info regarding the release date?

08-28-11 11:41 AM
    Thanksgiving
    08-28-11 05:11 PM
    I'm still on the fence about thus phone. Kind of happy that AT&T is delaying the release due to some of the issues others are having. Still, I think that it can't be good for the phone to be released close to the iPhone 5. Will probably get over looked, and sales will not be a strong as they could have been.
    08-28-11 05:42 PM
    ^agree with your assessment.but the sales will not be strong not only because of i5.it will also because of people jumping to other carriers or getting unlocked devices.many people are not patient enough to wait for at&t.that doesn't include me because i don't really like the other carriers and im sticking with at&t.at&t should hand out a $500 gift certificate to me because i've waited this long lol and i have been a customer with them for many years now.
    calicocat2010 and neicy17 like this.
    08-28-11 09:06 PM
    Yeah $500 dollar GC, or Free Phone for being Loyal fans all these years.
    08-28-11 11:39 PM
    I am so waiting on this phone and can't believe it's not out yet. I have the torch and I am ready for a change!!! I've never liked the keys on the phone, and the 9000 was my all time fave blackberry ever...#can't wait.....
    08-28-11 11:53 PM
    bought a telus 9900 off ebay cost me 700+ but ill tell u it was worth it typing on the phone is incredible. There is no more hourglassing, the phone is very fast and the internet is insane the phones looks have my friends jealous. This is the best phone ive ever had ive been using it like crazy so the battery life isnt as good as my 9700 but overall this is the best experience ive ever had with a cellphone. Dont wanna wait? just go buy one.... all the atat guy did was switch the sim card all my contacts ported over from my email account... i dont play games on the phone i txt go on web and email....perfect
    08-29-11 12:27 AM
    A Bell device has the same 3G bands? Tell me more!
    I have a Bold 9900 with Bell. Love the fact that it's unbranded! No sure if it's on the same 3G bands (or 4G like Bell likes to advertise it), but it's on HSPA+.
    08-31-11 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD