in my last post I was asking wether i should get 9900 or samsung galaxy s2

Well i got the galaxy s2. Which I'm vey happy with

But I am kinda worried.

I got 1gb data internet plan, And i cannot connect to wifi.

Will this 1gb be enough for one month without video?. Just browing twitter. facebook. three. And others?

Thank you very much
    08-10-11 08:01 PM
    Depends on your usage. But yeah 1gb is a LOT.
    08-10-11 08:06 PM
    1GB can be a lot but depending how you use the thing it can get used up quick...especially being the new toy to play with.

Good buy and definitely look about getting that wi-fi up and running.
    08-10-11 08:14 PM
    doesn't look like it's it let's me use wifi.
    My network is three. It says scanning, Then aud something then disconnected.
    I don't watch videos on phone. lol. Only twitter facebook. Android apps.
    Not more then 10 thou.
    Monthly

Is that enough? Oh google aswell i guess?
    08-10-11 08:20 PM
    Oh yeah forgot to say.
    It's video is damn crystal clear. And it's nice camera. :] I've been useing for hours now xD.
    08-10-11 08:21 PM
    in my last post I was asking wether i should get 9900 or samsung galaxy s2

Well i got the galaxy s2. Which I'm vey happy with

But I am kinda worried.

I got 1gb data internet plan, And i cannot connect to wifi.
    Could be a sign. Perhaps the gods are telling you something.
    08-10-11 08:54 PM
    doesn't look like it's it let's me use wifi.
    My network is three. It says scanning, Then aud something then disconnected.
    I don't watch videos on phone. lol. Only twitter facebook. Android apps.
    Not more then 10 thou.
    Monthly

Is that enough? Oh google aswell i guess?
    Sounds like your wifi is trying to connect, but dies when it can't connect to a secure network. Sometimes happens when you're close to more than one network and it doesn't know which network you want to connect to. Also, if your network is password protected, the auto connect won't prompt you for a password, so you'll have to manually search for it.

From your homescreen... Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Enable WiFi (if needed) -> WiFi Settings. Then look for the network you're trying to connect to. If a list of networks hasn't populated, select Menu -> Scan. Then select your network when the list populates. If your network is password protected, it will then prompt you for the passkey. Anytime you're near that same network, the device will remember it and will connect automagically.
    08-10-11 09:50 PM
    1 gb is nothing. You will go over just by updating your apps. Apps are constantly updating and they add up. Web browsing will eat up that 1 gb faster than you can say google. I hit 3 gb and thats without watching netflix.

When I had my 8900 I hit 150 mb per month and thats because the browser is horrid and apps sucks monkey b*lls. Going android was a great move since now i can enjoy my unlimited data.
    Last edited by darkmanx2g; 08-10-11 at 10:08 PM.
    .cw54o likes this.
    08-10-11 10:06 PM
    If you use the web pages 10 times a day... 50 instant messages... 10 emails a month.. 10 minutes of video a month... That's way less than 500 MB according to Rogers Data calculator. And I'm having a hard time myself making the decision between the new berries and this. I just use my phone for texting, call sometimes, twitter, facebook, camera.. Wish I could have awesome apps though. I really don't care about email or BBM at all. But I do enjoy Blackberry somehow?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 10:34 PM
    1 gb is nothing. You will go over just by updating your apps. Apps are constantly updating and they add up. Web browsing will eat up that 1 gb faster than you can say google. I hit 3 gb and thats without watching netflix.

When I had my 8900 I hit 150 mb per month and thats because the browser is horrid and apps sucks monkey b*lls. Going android was a great move since now i can enjoy my unlimited data.
    This!! My mom was flabbergasted by the amount I gobbled through by updating apps, alone

Sent from my Incredible
    08-10-11 11:00 PM
    If you use the web pages 10 times a day... 50 instant messages... 10 emails a month.. 10 minutes of video a month... That's way less than 500 MB according to Rogers Data calculator. And I'm having a hard time myself making the decision between the new berries and this. I just use my phone for texting, call sometimes, twitter, facebook, camera.. Wish I could have awesome apps though. I really don't care about email or BBM at all. But I do enjoy Blackberry somehow?

Dont underestimate your use. Having an android device is way different on having a blackberry. You are definitively going to use up data because these devices are in actuality mobile pcs.
    08-11-11 12:41 AM
    Use wifi at home.... Then when I'm out of my phone .. I only go on the web a few times a day. Maybe a couple days I'd use it 10 times... But that's likely not to happen. As for anything else, I only see myself using maps if I'm lost or gotta look up an address which is like 1 to nothing. Tweet a few times a day, listen to music a lot that I downloaded, take pictures and text. I don't download apps or anything much outside of wifi. But seriously I can't decide between SGS2 and Blackberry... I need something different yet I'm comfortable with Blackberry. I'm heart torn here.

08-11-11 12:50 AM
    1 GB is kind of small...I would get that WiFi issue fixed. I've ran through 1.3 GB with 10 days left on my billing cycle and I am usually connected to a WiFi network.
    08-11-11 12:55 AM
    Use wifi at home.... Then when I'm out of my phone .. I only go on the web a few times a day. Maybe a couple days I'd use it 10 times... But that's likely not to happen. As for anything else, I only see myself using maps if I'm lost or gotta look up an address which is like 1 to nothing. Tweet a few times a day, listen to music a lot that I downloaded, take pictures and text. I don't download apps or anything much outside of wifi. But seriously I can't decide between SGS2 and Blackberry... I need something different yet I'm comfortable with Blackberry. I'm heart torn here.

Play with each, whenever you can, right now. I played with Android phones for two weeks while at the Verizon store, before diving in. After thinking about the pros and con, I jumped in

Sent from my Incredible
    08-11-11 12:56 AM
    Can't play with any. Have to take a risk and order the SGS2 from another province and unlock the phone from Virgin since MANITOBA'S frikin network isn't updated so they can't sell the SGS2 here. No word or clue when they will update anyways so.

08-11-11 01:10 AM
    Yay, Connected to wifi, It doesn't take any data when i access internet right?
    08-11-11 03:56 AM
    Sounds like your wifi is trying to connect, but dies when it can't connect to a secure network. Sometimes happens when you're close to more than one network and it doesn't know which network you want to connect to. Also, if your network is password protected, the auto connect won't prompt you for a password, so you'll have to manually search for it.

From your homescreen... Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Enable WiFi (if needed) -> WiFi Settings. Then look for the network you're trying to connect to. If a list of networks hasn't populated, select Menu -> Scan. Then select your network when the list populates. If your network is password protected, it will then prompt you for the passkey. Anytime you're near that same network, the device will remember it and will connect automagically.

Thanks, But weirdly, It work's today. :]
    08-11-11 03:59 AM
    Yay, Connected to wifi, It doesn't take any data when i access internet right?
    Nope, it's like not using your phone but more like a laptop.

Enjoy!!
    08-11-11 05:37 AM
    So I can watch as much youtube I can?.

Do I have to deselect my package?
    08-11-11 08:34 AM
    So I can watch as much youtube I can?.

Do I have to deselect my package?
    As long as you're on WiFi, you can stream all the videos, music, media you like. It won't affect your data consumption at all. After a while it becomes second nature to just glance at the notification bar to see/verify if the WiFi symbol is there.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 08-11-11 at 08:51 AM.
    08-11-11 08:48 AM
    Enjoy the new device! Having wi-fi accessible will definitely make it more enjoyable.
    08-11-11 09:35 AM
    yep. . I can download as much andriod apps as I want in wi-fi Right?.

I deselected my package, So just in case. My internet is faster in wifi
    08-11-11 10:40 AM
    yep. . I can download as much andriod apps as I want in wi-fi Right?.

I deselected my package, So just in case. My internet is faster in wifi
    Yep! Go ahead...
    08-11-11 12:20 PM
    If you go to Settings > Accounts and sync, you can turn off Background Data and Auto-sync..so that nothing is updating behind the scenes when your not on wifi. You can also configure app updates to only sync when connected to wifi. This should help with your data consumption.

Me..I've got a 5GB data plan..so that I don't have to worry about anything or for when i'm out and about and want to use my Mobile Hotspot for other things..

EDIT: Oh ya..grats on the phone! It's a beaut! If I didn't have my fingerprinted, webtop hacked, CM7 Moto Atrix..i'd be all over the SGSII
    Last edited by Rickroller; 08-11-11 at 02:14 PM.
    08-11-11 02:00 PM
    I used like 8gb last month on my X

08-13-11 10:43 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD