So there is a Facebook messenger that you can only get thru iTunes or Android Market. Really RIM????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 01:08 PM
    The BB facebook app has a messenger built in.
    sam_b77 and chiefbroski like this.
    08-10-11 01:11 PM
    What ADGrant said.
    08-10-11 01:38 PM
    ill say this again the FB messenger is the stupidest thing ever!!! let the android and apple people have it. we have our FB chat on both phones and tablet built right in.
    08-10-11 07:44 PM
    Facebook messenger delivers an always on always connected experience to iOS and Android.

Facebook for BlackBerry v2.0 has the always on always connected built in. RIM builds the Facebook app in consultation with Facebook, and its well known that the Facebook BlackBerry app drives the most traffic from a mobile platform on Facebook. It is likely that Facebook for BlackBerry v2.0 was built to the Facebook messenger specification.
    08-10-11 07:47 PM
    The BB facebook app has a messenger built in.
    No. FB messenger is something new I believe. FB Chat is what is in the FB app on BlackBerry. FB Messenger and Chat are separate I think.
    08-10-11 07:48 PM
    ill say this again the FB messenger is the stupidest thing ever!!! let the android and apple people have it. we have our FB chat on both phones and tablet built right in.
    so do android and iOS

FB messenger is NOT the same thing as the chat currently available on all platforms
    08-10-11 09:51 PM
    Yes FB messenger for iOS and Android is nothing more than a stand alone app for what RIM has just given us within the BB FB app.

Facebook Debuts Messenger Mobile App (iOS & Android) | SolSie.com

The stand-alone Facebook messenger app allows Facebook members to exchange text messages, photo, on their phone as part of Facebook’s messaging system.
    CS
    Last edited by CanuckSoldier; 08-10-11 at 10:10 PM.
    08-10-11 09:53 PM
    No. FB messenger is something new I believe. FB Chat is what is in the FB app on BlackBerry. FB Messenger and Chat are separate I think.
    I don't think so. FB Chat is an IM type service and there is also a separate email like messaging feature. Why would FB add a third?
    08-10-11 09:53 PM
    Thread title changed, stop the insults, etc etc.
    trsbbs likes this.
    08-10-11 10:01 PM
    We have literally tens of facebook chat app, and facebook 2.0 has built in chat. Besides, we've already had BlackBerry Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, AOL Instant Messenger, Pingchat, WhatsApp, Cnctd, etc etc. Why is "Facebook Messenger" necessary?

I know this is dodging the question, but what I'm saying is the lack of a completely new messenger is not something to rage about, since you can literally choose from more than 8 other options, and if it's a facebook service, I'd say we've got more than enough

08-11-11 01:45 AM
    Facebook chat on BB is combined with Facebook messages, if the other person goes offline you can continue sending as messages instead of chat.

Is this IOS or Android messenger thing available on the Facebook website or strictly on devices?
    08-11-11 04:36 AM
    We have literally tens of facebook chat app, and facebook 2.0 has built in chat. Besides, we've already had BlackBerry Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, AOL Instant Messenger, Pingchat, WhatsApp, Cnctd, etc etc. Why is "Facebook Messenger" necessary?

I know this is dodging the question, but what I'm saying is the lack of a completely new messenger is not something to rage about, since you can literally choose from more than 8 other options, and if it's a facebook service, I'd say we've got more than enough

One thing BBs are clearly still best at is messaging. Also FB on BB is a better app than the iPhone equivalent.
    08-11-11 06:00 AM
    I played around with it a bit and could only find 1 real difference from what is available already through our FB 2.0 - you can send pictures from within the message.

Otherwise, I couldn't find a difference.

So I'm cool with Android and iOS matching up - if RIM/Facebook makes a dedicated app for the function of one part of FB 2.0...okay, but I won't lose sleep waiting for it.
    08-11-11 06:12 AM
    I wish there was a version and hope they make one for BB but part of the problem I'm sure is they have to make versions for OS 5,6 and 7. Not to mention QNX is around the corner.
    I'm no programmer but maybe thats the issue?
    08-11-11 06:40 AM
    Isn't the new feature in Facebook messenger the option to start group chats (like Huddle in G+)?
    You can do that in the BB Facebook app already so it's really just the ability to send photos and location that it lacks.

08-11-11 06:54 AM
    I wish there was a version and hope they make one for BB but part of the problem I'm sure is they have to make versions for OS 5,6 and 7. Not to mention QNX is around the corner.
    I'm no programmer but maybe thats the issue?
    BB Facebook app already does most of it, no need for a special app.

08-11-11 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD