Hello, i bought this BB bold 9000, this is my first BB phone.

The phone is used before by an company so i think there is an IT policy on, it keeps asking about password everytime to enter, and i cant disable and stuff like that.

What to do?
    Info from desktop manager: Software version 5.0 bundle 1748.

What to do?
    Ive tried the policy.bin thing, but i cant find the folder or the file in regedit.

vh
    Hurricane
    Last edited by HurricaneFFs; 08-10-11 at 06:31 AM.
    08-10-11 06:27 AM
    Have you tried using the official loader.exe?

This explains how to actually do it (credit goes to crackberry official BB forums) :

There is a method you can use to remove the IT policy using the official RIM loader.exe application. This is a much cleaner method & leaves NO trace of ANY IT POLICY.

You need to ensure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed & also have the latest device software installed for your device.

Desktop software and device software are available here:

us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
    You will need to select your carrier from the list in your region.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS METHOD WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE TO A FACTORY STATE, REMOVING ALL PERSONAL DATA & REMOVE THE IT POLICY.

If there is anything important on your device, please back up using the "ADVANCED" function on Backup/Restore in desktop manager.

I suggest you backup only what you need, ie SMS, Contacts etc. Please note that you can actually backup the IT policy, so if you do this, when you restore the backup to your device, the IT policy you had just removed will be restored on the device (FAIL!)

If you are unsure how to backup your device via the advanced method, please PM me and I can walk you through.

Please ensure that your device is plugged into your PC via USB if you chose to skip the backup, if you hadnty plugged it in already.

After you have done the backup, you will need to open a command prompt on your PC, by going to Start -> Run, typing in cmd and pressing enter.

In the command prompt, you will need to locate the Apploader folder, provided you have a C drive, it will be located at:

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

(the command you would use is cd \program files\common files\research in motion\apploader)

You will then type in (without the quotes) "loader.exe /resettofactory"

The device will then proceed to wipe itself and then restart.

All that is left after your device has started back up is to restore your personal data
    Last edited by Jono212; 08-10-11 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Error
    08-10-11 08:05 AM
    omg, this command saved my day: (the command you would use is cd \program files\common files\research in motion\apploader)

Yes it worked!!
    Thx u so much!
    08-10-11 09:52 AM
    Brilliant glad you have it working now

omg, this command saved my day: (the command you would use is cd \program files\common files\research in motion\apploader)

Yes it worked!!
    Thx u so much!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    HurricaneFFs likes this.
    08-10-11 11:56 AM
    Guys, I found a much easier way to accomplish what i was trying to do. I was only trying to remove the IT policy from my old company phone. All i did was download desktop manager software 6.1. Connected the phone to desktop manager and went to the ? (help button) in the upper right hand corner. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there! The only prerequisite is that ur on BB OS 4.3 or newer.
    08-17-11 05:03 PM
    I suggest you backup only what you need, ie SMS, Contacts etc. Please note that you can actually backup the IT policy, so if you do this, when you restore the backup to your device, the IT policy you had just removed will be restored on the device (FAIL!)

If you are unsure how to backup your device via the advanced method, please PM me and I can walk you through.
    Hi Jono212,

Can you walk me through the advanced backup process? Not sure which file not to backup.

Thanks in advance!!
    09-14-11 01:56 PM
    Great tutorial Jono212!
    09-14-11 02:15 PM
    Really nice one Jono212, thanks for sharing... it will help many people.
    09-14-11 06:21 PM
    What can you do if you have OS7? This method only works up until 6.1
    12-28-11 07:07 PM
    Try going to the correct forum for your phone model. This is a Bold 9000 specific forum. 9000's run either 4.x or 5.x.

Your info says Torch 910. I assume you meant 9810. Make sure you're in the 9810 forum as the 9800 are 6.x
    12-28-11 07:13 PM
    Thanks for your help. I am looking into every forum as nobody seems to have effectively given a great solution for the 9810. I figure somebody might have an answer elsewhere. Thanks for the heads up on my typo though! I'll correct that right away.
    12-28-11 07:15 PM
    No problem. Not sure why the resettofactory didn't work. That's the "new and improved" way to do it over the older "blank policy/registry hack" method.

Good luck
    12-28-11 08:43 PM
    Itried this method but when i enter a blank screen comes and nothing happens and after sometime the window automatically closes.
    02-01-12 07:31 AM
    sheikhowais,

What is the error message when you try to use the command?
    04-03-12 09:14 PM
    You should try "JL Commander" a.k.a J_CMDer to remove the IT policy

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 11:50 AM
    Hi I bought a blackberry bold 9700 online.. I have installed the Desktop manager software.. The problem is that it won't detect my device.. I want to remove the it policy. Any suggestion????
    04-15-12 09:57 PM
    You could use BBSAK and do the factory reset that would remove the IT policy also
    04-17-12 12:52 PM
    Hey will this work n bold 9900?

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.140
    07-06-14 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD