Anyone else having problems with g-mail on the 9900? I can't get either of my gmail accounts to work, from my device and from the Rogers BIS website.
    08-09-11 09:00 PM
    OMG Gmail,calendars, and contacts is a must for me. If that does not work, I am dead in the water. 1300 customer accounts on Gmail, got to have this working for sure.
    08-09-11 10:03 PM
    mine works...
    08-09-11 10:06 PM
    Nitrouz, did you just input your gmail acct. info and it automatically synced all your info?
    08-09-11 10:08 PM
    I sure that there are no gmail issues....
    08-09-11 10:10 PM
    Nitrouz, did you just input your gmail acct. info and it automatically synced all your info?
    yes sir. After syncing the old phone data to the new phone, I re-setup the email accounts on the new phone (9900) through the setup icon...and you'll get a confirmation email onto your phone and it's sync'ed.
    08-09-11 10:15 PM
    Great news, this program is a absolute must for me. Thanks!
    08-09-11 10:17 PM
    mine works just fine
    08-10-11 12:34 AM
    Yeah, I finally got mine working. For some reason I needed to install the gmail app, enter my information, enter my information again + a captcha, and then I was able to add the accounts back in via BIS like normal. So my guess is that it was some ridiculous issue on the Gmail side, and everything was fine on the Rogers/Blackberry side.
    08-10-11 11:42 AM
    No issues for me. Was able to get my accounts setup as normal through BIS and then via the app.
    08-10-11 11:54 AM
    Does the 9900 allow for more than 1 Google Calendar to be synced? Not from different gmail accounts but if you have multiple Calendars set up in your Google Calendar will they all show up on the 9900 calendar app? So far nothing other than an Android phone will do this for me. Is that an exclusive android feature?
    08-10-11 06:10 PM
    phew. i was worried about csi guy for a minute.
    08-10-11 07:16 PM
    Yeah, I finally got mine working. For some reason I needed to install the gmail app, enter my information, enter my information again + a captcha, and then I was able to add the accounts back in via BIS like normal. So my guess is that it was some ridiculous issue on the Gmail side, and everything was fine on the Rogers/Blackberry side.
    Are you sure that your service books were sent to your phone before having the gmail issue? I'm not sure how the Gmail app would have anything to do with normal device email working right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 08:38 PM
    Ditto mine works flawless
    08-10-11 09:05 PM
    Glad to see after getting my phone to that everything worked somewhat flawlessly. It did take about five hours and about 20 different tries before it loaded my e-mail. I kept getting a message saying there was an incompatibility issue. But no problems. I do have one question that is probably best to throw under this thread, which is how do you get your contacts a load onto your gmail in the 9900? It's been a while, well, it seems like a while since I've had to transfer everything over, but all my contacts were saved to the Sim card, and are visible, I have probably 500 contacts on my Gmail account but when I tried to send my first e-mail it said there were no contacts loaded.?? Do you have to have each person one by one into your contacts on your phone in order for the Gmail app to find them? It states under "Contacts" that I have "no contacts listed". Weird, because everything else works fine from inbox, sent mail, trash, everything.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
    11-07-11 08:37 PM
    Glad to see after getting my phone to that everything worked somewhat flawlessly. It did take about five hours and about 20 different tries before it loaded my e-mail. I kept getting a message saying there was an incompatibility issue. But no problems. I do have one question that is probably best to throw under this thread, which is how do you get your contacts a load onto your gmail in the 9900? It's been a while, well, it seems like a while since I've had to transfer everything over, but all my contacts were saved to the Sim card, and are visible, I have probably 500 contacts on my Gmail account but when I tried to send my first e-mail it said there were no contacts loaded.?? Do you have to have each person one by one into your contacts on your phone in order for the Gmail app to find them? It states under "Contacts" that I have "no contacts listed". Weird, because everything else works fine from inbox, sent mail, trash, everything.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

On your device go into Setup > Email Account > Internet Mail and in your Gmail account make sure you have a check for Contacts under Syncronization Options.

Not sure if this is necessary, but might also want to set your Gmail of default service for Contact List (do a universal search for Default Services).

Your Gmail contacts should sync with the Contacts on your phone with everything properly configured.

If it doesn't, try deleting the Gmail account in the Setup and re-adding it.
    11-07-11 09:12 PM
    Does the 9900 allow for more than 1 Google Calendar to be synced? Not from different gmail accounts but if you have multiple Calendars set up in your Google Calendar will they all show up on the 9900 calendar app? So far nothing other than an Android phone will do this for me. Is that an exclusive android feature?
    Not really. You can use Google Sync and it will pull data from all of the different calendars, but it lumps them all into one on the device.

Android and iOS are the only ones that will let you edit info on individual calendars inside an account.
    11-07-11 10:20 PM
    Just got my 9900 and have discovered now I can't download the gmail app. I have to set up my email account via BB set up not gmail download. Sucks, I liked the gmail icon and notification better. Oh well, at least it is working.
    12-07-11 09:26 PM
    Yes it does allow more than 1 google calendar sync, set them up at Email Setting, tick all the Google Calendar. I have 2 Google Calendar, 1 for work, another one for personal.
    12-07-11 10:59 PM
    Works fine for me. I configured it with the "email configuration tool" built-in to the 9900. I get synced email and contacts, but no calendar.

Are you all able to get calendar sync working too? If so, how?
    12-08-11 12:01 AM
    There will be a sync option at the bottom on every email setting. You ll just have to tick the Calendar.
    12-08-11 03:27 AM
    Just got my 9900 and have discovered now I can't download the gmail app. I have to set up my email account via BB set up not gmail download. Sucks, I liked the gmail icon and notification better. Oh well, at least it is working.
    If you still want the Gmail app, and I can't imagine why, it's terrible, you can get it here:

Try this:

Gmail 2.0.7
    12-08-11 07:55 AM
    Hey thanks, pcgizmo! I actually like the little gmail app. But this stems from an old gmail vs BB mail set ups on my old 9700 though. So far so good with the BB mail set up on my 9900. But still nice to have what is familiar to me. Thanks again.

What don't you like about it?

Chad
    12-08-11 12:58 PM
    What don't you like about it?

Chad
    It's not that fast, the UI sucks, it encounters errors quite easily (doing a search often breaks the entire app), the functionality is very limited, it has no new features and hasn't been updated in forever, etc.
    12-08-11 01:29 PM
    It's not that fast, the UI sucks, it encounters errors quite easily (doing a search often breaks the entire app), the functionality is very limited, it has no new features and hasn't been updated in forever, etc.
    Well please don't sugar coat it and tell me how you really feel!

I am going to try and get used to the BB set up for now. I still don't see all my old emails on my handset though. I have synced and reconciled and everything but the only emails on the hand set are the ones that I have received since setting up my account on the handset. I can't figure out how to get it to import the old messages. And nothing on the pc changes when I alter or delete messages on the handset. Kinda sucks. Still trying to work it all out though.

Thanks,
    Chad
    12-08-11 07:50 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD