Just curios if HotSpot is available for the lucky owners...

Thank you,

I shall leave you to enjoy your toy.
    08-09-11 03:02 PM
    [QUOTE=jinxednuance;6552888]Just curios if HotSpot is available for the lucky owners...

Thank you,

I shall leave you to enjoy your toy.

Yes we want to know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 03:31 PM
    It depends on the carrier. Those who have the device may not have hotspot active on their carrier.

I've heard VZW is getting it (they already have hotspot with their Android devices... and the Bold 9930 can supposedly handle the hotspot tech)
    08-09-11 04:16 PM
    FWIW, the one guy who actually had one said no hotspot was noticed on his device. There's a thread here someplace with pics as he being the first to get a 9930. But it may not be a finished device either, test model or something.
    08-09-11 04:25 PM
    I am a noob, that is why I come here to learn. So what is a hotspot and why is this important?
    08-09-11 04:43 PM
    I am a noob, that is why I come here to learn. So what is a hotspot and why is this important?
    Hotspot is the ability to turn your phone into a wireless AP like your router and use your cellphone as a gateway to connect gadgets like iPads laptops and iPods to the internet using your cellphones data plan
    TMElectric likes this.
    08-09-11 04:45 PM
    Is it carrier dependant? I'm with O2. Need to check that out. Doubt I will use it much.
    08-09-11 04:47 PM
    Is it carrier dependant? I'm with O2. Need to check that out. Doubt I will use it much.
    Yes it's carrier dependent and verizon charges $20/mo for 2 gigs. other carriers set their own rates. I think it works very slick and have become very accustomed to having it available.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-09-11 at 04:59 PM.
    08-09-11 04:57 PM
    I guess well see if third party apps come out in app world there were tethering apps i remember
    08-09-11 04:59 PM
    it's a great tool. if you had the hotspot before vzn changed all their plans, it cost $30 and is unlimited and grandfathered in.

supposedly, you can switch devices and keep the same plan. $30 for unlimited hotspot data is a bargain, especially when used with 4G.

Yes it's carrier dependent and verizon charges $20/mo for 2 gigs. other carriers set their own rates. I think it works very slick and have become very accustomed to having it available.
    08-09-11 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD