i have two internet cameras set up, a Linksys and and Axis. I can view them through my smartphone, a Tour 9630, using an app from Mobiscope which seems to work fairly well. I cannot use my browser on my Playbook to view them. It finds the cameras just fine but will not show me a picture. The same thing happened on my desktop computer before I installed ActiveX. Am I not doing it right, or is the Playbook incapable of showing me the picture from my cameras? Thank you!
    08-08-11 06:08 PM
    i had the very same problem with my two Panasonic network cameras. i installed the Android player and now I can use the IP Camera app that is available for Android. It is definitely not the best solution, but it gets me by until someone develops an app for the Playbook.

BTW, I think Kauai is the most beautiful place I've ever seen.
    08-08-11 07:22 PM
    Thanks. My husband is a professional photographer here, Kauai Photographer - weddings, family portraits, stock photography - Dana Nadeau of Garden Island Photography, Kauai,Hawaii for some beautiful pictures.

How do I get the Android player on my playbook?
    08-08-11 07:48 PM
    How do I get the Android player on my playbook?
    Visit this link.
    Last edited by mathprof08; 08-08-11 at 10:57 PM.
    08-08-11 10:55 PM
    i had the same issue with my axis cams. No way to install active x. All you have to do though is go into the settings page on the camera website and switch the viewer settings to one that does not use active x. Works great.
    08-09-11 10:30 AM
    I have no idea what those words mean haha. I looked at the setup page for my camera and saw nothing that would give me any hint of what to do.
    08-09-11 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD