Recently my Torch started acting up. When using my BB vertically as any other phone and then turning it sideways (to watch a video for example), the screen's orientation/view would stay the same and not change to horizontal view. Its been doing it more and more.

Anybody experience this problem?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 09:47 PM
    Mine has done it a few times. A battery pull always remedies the problem. Still though-- it SHOULDN'T be doing it.

08-07-11 09:51 PM
    I thought my battery pulling days were over coming from a Curve 8310 to the Torch. I guess not.

The problem would happen and then it will correct it self after trying it a couple of times. Haven't really had to do a battery pull on my Torch yet. It tends to lag a couple of times here and there. And I would get what used to be the hour glass on the screen a couple times, but never for more then a couple of seconds at a time.

08-07-11 10:46 PM
    Yeah. Batt pulls are over as far as recovering usable memory goes. (no more memory leaks :-)
    But a batt pull solves just about anything and everything on a BB. lol
    Good Luck.

08-07-11 10:55 PM
    How long are you waiting? Like turn it sideways and wait for a millisecond or like 10 seconds and no change?

08-08-11 08:25 PM
    Should be obvious but I took ages to work out the keyboard has to be in. I was trying to turn mine with it slid out and screen wouldn't change. Doh.

08-14-11 12:06 AM
    How long are you waiting? Like turn it sideways and wait for a millisecond or like 10 seconds and no change?

Sorry for the late reply. The problem hasn't happened again since I originally posted. But when it was happening, it would take about 10 seconds or so for it to respond from when I would turn the screen from vertical to horizontal view.

08-14-11 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD