I'm really anxious to find out if the 9860 is coming to Tmobile. Everywhere I look it looks like it's not. Does anyone know for sure?
    08-07-11 03:38 PM
    I hope it is, but there have been a few posts on this forum claiming that it won't be coming to T-Mobile.

You can always get one from At&t and unlock it. We'll be part of At&t soon anyway.
    08-07-11 07:49 PM
    I've been told flat out no by a GM for tmobile. I tend to believe it won't just because tmobile doesn't have a marketing plan for it. I just don't see them marketing this phone the right way. I think it would be a failure on tmobile and they know that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    digitalslave likes this.
    08-07-11 11:08 PM
    I figured it wouldn't, I mean when was the last time T-Mobile got a good Blackberry? Either way I guess I'll just have to wait for the merger. I used an unlocked Storm 2 about a year ago but after a few months the web was no longer working. They told me it was because they're no longer supporting non tmobile phones. So i'm assuming it'll be the same if I buy the Torch from at&t. I think T-Mobile would benefit from having this phone. Almost everyone I know owns a Blackberry but I it doesn't matter what I think. They aren't going to start carrying it just because I want it.
    08-08-11 01:34 PM
    I would be tempted to get it. But would have to go hands on.

08-08-11 01:36 PM
    I figured it wouldn't, I mean when was the last time T-Mobile got a good Blackberry? Either way I guess I'll just have to wait for the merger. I used an unlocked Storm 2 about a year ago but after a few months the web was no longer working. They told me it was because they're no longer supporting non tmobile phones. So i'm assuming it'll be the same if I buy the Torch from at&t. I think T-Mobile would benefit from having this phone. Almost everyone I know owns a Blackberry but I it doesn't matter what I think. They aren't going to start carrying it just because I want it.
    I have an AT&T torch on tmo and everything works fine except 3g and visual vm. The uma works fine as I use it about 80% of the time on uma.
    08-10-11 04:09 AM
    I have an AT&T torch on tmo and everything works fine except 3g and visual vm. The uma works fine as I use it about 80% of the time on uma.
    Hmmm. So the question then becomes do you hedge your bets on the merger happening and get an AT&T 9860 unlocked so you have no HSPA+ now but will when AT&T steals the AWS band for LTE, or against and get a T-Mobile one if they make a T-Mobile one? Also woulnd't a WIND branded one work on T-Mobile?

I'm not sure if the Merger is going to happen now because the FCC through the AT&T purchase of Qualcomm 700 MHz spectrum into the mix, and it is possible they may deny it because AT&T biggest reason was spectrum, which is total BS because they are sitting on more unused spectrum than anyone. FCC will probably block either the Qualcomm deal or the T-Mobile deal IMHO. Personally I hope they block T-Mobile.
    08-10-11 07:29 AM
    Anyway merger aside, if anyone gets any solid evidence that T-mobile is getting the 9860, I'd love to hear it. I have been disappointed by T-mobile too many times. I waiting for months for the Storm and once it was official it wasn't coming, I had my eye on the Bold 9000 which again didnt come. After that I thought for sure the Storm 2 would show up at Tmo since T-mobile UK had it but no....it didn't. Then I heard of the 9800 which I was extremely excited about but obviously it was the same story. Now here we are 2 years later still waiting to get the BlackBerry I want on T-mobile. If I were rich I wouldn't mind buying the phones off contract and getting them unlocked like I did with the 9000 but I spent 550 bucks on that phone on eBay just to get screwed over. I don't have the money nor the energy to deal with that. I just want the BlackBerry I want to be available on my carrier of choice. Is that so much to ask? Man, I'm exhausted just writing about my woes lol. Ok, thanks for listening to me vent. Come back with some answers! I'd be happy to find out for sure!!
    SeanFos likes this.
    08-24-11 02:27 AM
    I have an AT&T torch on tmo
    Pretty sure you're referring to a 9800/9810, no?
    08-24-11 08:09 PM
    Blackberry unlocked device can work with internet, all you need is to update the service book so it can use your Blackberry data plan from T-Mobile.

So it's not a problem to get one from At&t (or other GSM carrier) and unlock it..
    08-24-11 11:21 PM
    Blackberry unlocked device can work with internet, all you need is to update the service book so it can use your Blackberry data plan from T-Mobile.

So it's not a problem to get one from At&t (or other GSM carrier) and unlock it..
    will the 3G work?
    08-25-11 12:30 PM
    will the 3G work?
    No, it will not.
    08-25-11 12:46 PM
    what carrier would you need to get it from to make sure 3g works.
    08-25-11 01:22 PM
    You'd have to get one from T-Mobile, to get 3G on T-Mobile.
    redk likes this.
    08-25-11 01:24 PM
    thanks for the info. I want to get a 9860 and if tmobile doesnt pick it up an unlocked version would be a 2nd option but I'm not willing to give up 3g.
    08-25-11 06:52 PM
    I think you can get one from Wind (Canadian carrier) it will work on Tmo's 3G. Tmo and Wind have the same bands I believe.
    08-26-11 04:38 PM
    That's true but wind inst stating they will carry any of the new devices

08-27-11 07:57 AM
    One from most of the european carriers would give you 3g on T-Mobile.
    08-27-11 08:20 AM
    Which carrier in Europe has the same bands as the one in the US? That is Tmobile??

08-27-11 12:50 PM
    That's true but wind inst stating they will carry any of the new devices

The Wind reps haven't been told anything yet about the new Blackberries, but since they put the Curve on sale and have low stock of the 9870 they know something is going to happen. The Wind rep that I always deal with told me last week that he has seen Wind corporate people using 9850s, so he assumes they will be getting that.
    08-28-11 06:37 PM
    What about 9810's?

08-28-11 06:49 PM
    What about 9810's?

The 9810 will not be available from T-Mobile, so it will not be available from Wind.
    08-28-11 07:04 PM
    T-mobile website has information on this bb you can sign up to get email notifications on when they will have this phone out sorry I don't have a link I did this from my work computer earlier

08-29-11 09:22 PM
    is the 3g not working because of a software bug or is it just because it isnt optimized for that carrier.
    (really thinking of switching from sprint to Tmobile but not if they dont consistently get BB's)
    09-12-11 10:04 PM
    My Vodafone UK 9860 has the following 3G bands, which are the same ones that my T-Mobile USA 9780 has.

For whatever it's worth
    09-13-11 04:15 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD