Is there any direct torrent client on blackberry? I can't find one on android I saw few. So can any1 make 1?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-11 12:32 PM
    Why? Just curious...
    08-07-11 12:40 PM
    Is there any direct torrent client on blackberry? I can't find one on android I saw few. So can any1 make 1?

I use MobTorrent, a J2ME midlet that works fine on blackberries. You can find it at amorg.aut.bme.hu/projects/mobtorrent

It is not developed anymore, but it has the features you would expect (download/upload, pause/resume, etc) and it is open source.
    The official version will work only with the mobile network - no Wifi. Since p2p via the mobile network is impractical at least, I've tweaked it to make it work via Wifi and may share the jad/jar if there is interest.
    08-07-11 01:11 PM
    I use MobTorrent, a J2ME midlet that works fine on blackberries. You can find it at amorg.aut.bme.hu/projects/mobtorrent

It is not developed anymore, but it has the features you would expect (download/upload, pause/resume, etc) and it is open source.
    The official version will work only with the mobile network - no Wifi. Since p2p via the mobile network is impractical at least, I've tweaked it to make it work via Wifi and may share the jad/jar if there is interest.
    How do I get it to work on my blackberry? I downloaded the jad and jar file to my pc what's my next step?

08-10-11 07:54 PM
    The jad I installed via bbsak but it doesn't give me the option and when I try to install it via the phone by pressing on it its first comes up the download screen and then says error invalid

08-10-11 08:07 PM

I'd be interested in that, especially if you signed it to stop those annoying popups.
    If you didn't sign it, if you send me the project files you made I can sign it.

08-11-11 11:28 AM
    I agree, I would be very interested.
    08-12-11 12:00 PM
    The jad I installed via bbsak but it doesn't give me the option and when I try to install it via the phone by pressing on it its first comes up the download screen and then says error invalid

You should copy both the jad and the jar on the memory card, then open the jad from the blackberry. It works fine here.
    08-12-11 01:22 PM
    So, here is the Wifi version. The zip file contains the java wireless toolkit project structure as well as the compiled jad/jar (under bin).
    Unfortunately it is not signed, but popups can be removed by setting the appropriate permissions under the application manager.

SCrid2000: if you can sign it, thanks!
    BigPlayChad8 and bobbyrivers like this.
    08-12-11 01:32 PM
    Thanks for the upload. It is a bit annoying to use though with the constant warning about unsigned this and that.

...tried to edit the permissions to no avail.
    09-05-11 08:01 PM
    can anyone sign this app and reupload? the popups are unbearable
    09-06-11 08:12 PM
    You will have to change settings related to raw and udp connections and file access:
    - Under RIM, set "Connections" to allowed
    - under MIDP groups, set all the settings under the first title ("Data space"?) to allowed
    - under MIDP groups, set all the settings under "Network access" to oneshot_yes or session
    - under MIDP groups, set all the settings under "Low level network access" to oneshot_yes
    - under MIDP JSRs, set all the settings under "MIDP2" to oneshot_yes or session
    - under MIDP JSRs, set all the settings under PDAP to allowed or oneshot_yes

With these settings I only get a popup for autoupdate check (which I'll probably remove in the next version since it's useless anyway) and another when first connecting to a tracker, then it works normally.
    I hope this is useful.
    bobbyrivers likes this.
    09-19-11 12:23 PM
    Hi, I cannot specify download folder under settings. Can anyone help with that?
    09-29-11 01:55 AM
    for the download folder, you have to go to the settings and then click the blackberry button it says download folder, then you have to find a folder and hit select folder, i had to try it about 10 times before i figured out the right way .. you will know you have choosed a download folder when it is in the display under settings.
    10-05-11 03:32 PM
    I'm also interested in this app.. Can anyone help me why I can't install the one I downloaded in the link? Whenever I install the .jad file, it says "download failed", details: "907 invalid jar".. I'm using B@stard hybrid.. Thanks..
    10-06-11 07:48 PM
    You will have to change settings related to raw and udp connections and file access:
    - Under RIM, set "Connections" to allowed
    - under MIDP groups, set all the settings under the first title ("Data space"?) to allowed
    - under MIDP groups, set all the settings under "Network access" to oneshot_yes or session
    - under MIDP groups, set all the settings under "Low level network access" to oneshot_yes
    - under MIDP JSRs, set all the settings under "MIDP2" to oneshot_yes or session
    - under MIDP JSRs, set all the settings under PDAP to allowed or oneshot_yes

With these settings I only get a popup for autoupdate check (which I'll probably remove in the next version since it's useless anyway) and another when first connecting to a tracker, then it works normally.
    I hope this is useful.
    Thank you strawberryMMXI, looking forward to the newer version>
    10-07-11 12:36 PM
    Will this bittorrent client work with blackberry bold 9900?
    10-13-11 08:38 AM
    any updates here? Hope the next version will work on my 9700.. The recent wifi version doesn't work on my device.. Hope this thread is still alive.. I'll be waiting..
    10-30-11 10:36 PM
    i also hope that some updates will occur. the signing of the app, etc.
    03-11-12 08:38 AM
    looking forward for the updates on this app.....
    03-11-12 04:19 PM
    Is there a signed version of this app .....plz reply and upload ig .plzzzzzzzz
    04-15-13 08:40 AM
    Scrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!plz sign it...........
    04-15-13 08:45 AM
    Need help. Have downloaded the zip file and extracted it. When I try to run the JAR or JAD files I keep getin an error. Am I doing something wrong? What can I do to resolve this?
    04-23-13 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD