Hey all!.

I don't think this question has been asked before?.

For all the new BlackBerry OS 7 devices, will we be getting a BlackBerry Pin?
    Well, on BBM 6 it does say "enter a name, email, phone or PIN"
    So who knows?, what i've heard is that we will be having BlackBerry ID's right?.

Personally, I think the move would be better.
    08-06-11 06:10 PM
    I'm pretty sure you will still get a pin but you can also add via different methods such as name, email phone etc.
    08-06-11 06:17 PM
    PINs still exist with OS7, but will probably not exist in QNX.
    08-06-11 08:15 PM
    PINs still exist with OS7, but will probably not exist in QNX.
    I REALLY hope they don't kill the PIN in QNX devices, I know the PlayBook still has a PIN,
    Sharma15 and westcoaststyle like this.
    08-06-11 08:43 PM
    I'm thinking device PINs will always exist, but they will take a lesser role once the whole BBID system gets worked out.
    bdad14 likes this.
    08-06-11 09:59 PM
    Pin's have been apart of bb's for soo long. Why would they just kil it off? How will i be able to add os 5-7 bb users on a device running qnx? I doubt they would kill it off.
    08-06-11 10:08 PM
    I REALLY hope they don't kill the PIN in QNX devices, I know the PlayBook still has a PIN,
    It does, but it isn't used for anything except for identifying the Playbook and I expect it to stay that way.
    08-06-11 10:32 PM
    It does, but it isn't used for anything except for identifying the Playbook and I expect it to stay that way.
    Without a native email or BBM there is no other reason to have a pin besides identifying the playbook

once a Cellular Playbook is released we will see more if the Playbook will use the PIN
    08-06-11 10:34 PM
    Let there be no doubt that the 9900 DOES have a PIN!

I even bet that QNX device will, too!

I am NOT looking forward to QNX on our phones.
    08-07-11 06:35 AM
    I am NOT looking forward to QNX on our phones.
    I think that it will not be like what is on the Playbook now. It will look like a combination of Playbook and BBOS7. That said the OS7 devices should give us plenty of time for them to get QNX right for a phone because OS7 looks like a massive improvement.
    08-07-11 08:29 AM
    Without a native email or BBM there is no other reason to have a pin besides identifying the playbook

once a Cellular Playbook is released we will see more if the Playbook will use the PIN
    I'm quite sure BB will be keeping the PIN system. It's how they identify each device.
    08-07-11 01:59 PM
    Whether or not they keep PINs for internal processes, I hope they replace the functionality of PINs with the BB ID. My email address, which is my BB ID, is a lot easier to remember than a bunch of random letters and numbers.
    08-07-11 03:39 PM
    Whether or not they keep PINs for internal processes, I hope they replace the functionality of PINs with the BB ID. My email address, which is my BB ID, is a lot easier to remember than a bunch of random letters and numbers.
    the Randomness gives me more anonymity when sharing it with random people, and switching a device can easily remove access from someone you no longer wish to talk to,
    BBID is good to record my transactions and be used personally, but I don't want to give it out to people.

the PIN SHARE culture will be lost if they do remove PIN as a means of adding and identifying users with BBM
    08-07-11 04:23 PM
    I'm a sick individual, but I still have the pins for my last three BBs memorized.
    08-07-11 04:23 PM
    BBID would allow for multiple devices to have one BBM account. It would SUCK if I have to re-add all my friends to my PlayBook's (future!) BBM. When it's easier to have a universal one.

I agree with deRusett about the loss of anonymity... Maybe RIM will make it so that we associate PINs to our BBID, but keep our BBID information hidden from other users. Thus allowing us still, to PIN share.
    02-28-12 05:32 PM
    People like my Mom do not have an email account so hope PIN will still exist... Without it, then my Mom would need to learn to use a computer, use the browser and hopefully understanding some basic internet security, login to her email which mean creating password, managing her email etc... URGG too troublesome..

- Charles
    02-28-12 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD