Can anyone confirm that the 9930 has the ability to do simultaneous call and data on Verizon's 4Glte network. I am so hoping to dump AT&T and pick up a 9930 but simultaneous call and data is a must.

I can't tell from VZW's site as they list multiple android phones with 4Glte and only indicate some that do simultaneous connections. It is left off of other phones features, perhaps just an oversight but probably a lack of features.

I'm less interested in speculation than anything definitive from someone testing or any hard documentation in the wild or review sites.

I didn't see anything definitive in any other CB posts.

Thanks!
    08-06-11 11:41 AM
    If the phone is LTE enabled then sure. But I don't know if it is honestly.
    08-06-11 11:43 AM
    the phone is not LTE and you will not get data/calls at the same time
    08-06-11 11:50 AM
    All indecations are that NO it will not
    Unless rim pulls a sneaky one, but no one has seen them with an LTE enabled device yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 11:56 AM
    All indecations are that NO it will not
    Unless rim pulls a sneaky one, but no one has seen them with an LTE enabled device yet

I was hoping for that to happen with a Wimax antenna for Sprint. At work I have excellent Wimax signal. Netflix is a good thing on the clock.
    08-06-11 12:00 PM
    With WIFI for Data, yes.

No Wifi, than no.

At least..I'd assume so.
    08-06-11 12:01 PM
    If you want to talk and use applications at the same time you can probably put it on speaker phone and then still use your applications. That's what I do with my Bold 9780. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.
    08-06-11 12:17 PM
    Well with I know NO
    The 9930 being CDMA can't handle simultaneouus voice and data
    It is in CDMA, the 9900 being GSM can do that
    That's what I read in GSM vs CDMA
    Readd about it more

08-06-11 12:20 PM
    i think any mobile hotspot would...at least on vzn androids you can. i am on a 3g hotspot now and made a call. but i dont think any carrier has confirmed this phone will have a hotspot yet.
    08-06-11 03:21 PM
    If it uses the same type of antenna structure as the Thunderbolt it might be able to and of it's LTE it will. Also, if it has Wimax on Sprint it will do voice and data at the same time.
    08-06-11 03:25 PM
    What about this -> Verizon launching simultaneous voice and data over CDMA 1X Advanced SVDO network soon � The Cell Phone Junkie?

Verizon rep said that in tests of LTE in Philadelphia they found certain CDMA / 3G devices could maintain voice and data connections at the same time but he didn't say what devices.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    08-06-11 03:37 PM
    What about this -> Verizon launching simultaneous voice and data over CDMA 1X Advanced SVDO network soon � The Cell Phone Junkie?

Verizon rep said that in tests of LTE in Philadelphia they found certain CDMA / 3G devices could maintain voice and data connections at the same time but he didn't say what devices.
    We can only hope, i figured 9930 was not 4g but there is all kinds of bad headlines flying around saying 9900 4Glte of late - trust the internet! Finally had some time to dig around rim's site and it is a 3g device. pretty well glossed over and hidden but not 4g.

Thanks for the inputs, maybe there's hope for svdo, i knew i read some thing about this - thanks for the link.
    08-06-11 04:04 PM

I'm glad you pointed out the SVDO upgrade, yet it has only been launched in one of Verizon's new Android phones which I have to ask why they did that. Still I doubt RIM put the extra hardware in and Verizon didn't bother to request it.
    08-06-11 04:33 PM
    We can only hope, i figured 9930 was not 4g but there is all kinds of bad headlines flying around saying 9900 4Glte of late - trust the internet! Finally had some time to dig around rim's site and it is a 3g device. pretty well glossed over and hidden but not 4g.

Thanks for the inputs, maybe there's hope for svdo, i knew i read some thing about this - thanks for the link.

Although in the VZ leaked video we're lead to believe their 9930 is paired to LTE 4G, and VZ shows new Curve 4G for September, its been discussed here in other threads and most are convinced it's not. We shall see...

I see you're in NYC. After 2 years of "called failed" on Att I had to switch back to VZ. I wasn't on an att call long enough for simultaneous data anyway, so it was a mute point for me.

PS nice avatar
    Last edited by technik1; 08-06-11 at 04:51 PM.
    08-06-11 04:41 PM
    If you want to talk and use applications at the same time you can probably put it on speaker phone and then still use your applications. That's what I do with my Bold 9780. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.
    your 9780 is GSM not CDMA

whole different ball game
    08-06-11 05:34 PM
    I'm pretty sure the 9930 on Verizon won't be 4G because we would have seen it pass through the FCC unless this phone doesn't get released for a while on Verizon. However, SVDO could happen because I know the Thunderbolt can do simultaneous voice & data when 4G is turned off. I remember reading it had something to do with the chipset used which should be the same one the 9930 uses. I guess we should find out soon enough.
    08-06-11 06:22 PM
    so, has anybody with a 9930 on verizon confirmed that 3g disconnects on a call or if it does svdo?

earlier this year the specs on this phone indicated it had svdo, which would make it like the thunderbolt and able to do voice and data simultaneously. i am pretty ready to jump ship from att but this is somewhat of a deal breaker for me. need to be able to tether or playbook bridge and make a call at the same time.

can someone do a quick test with their 9930 on vzw?
    08-27-11 09:24 AM
    so, has anybody with a 9930 on verizon confirmed that 3g disconnects on a call or if it does svdo?

earlier this year the specs on this phone indicated it had svdo, which would make it like the thunderbolt and able to do voice and data simultaneously. i am pretty ready to jump ship from att but this is somewhat of a deal breaker for me. need to be able to tether or playbook bridge and make a call at the same time.

can someone do a quick test with their 9930 on vzw?
    The 9930 cannot do simultaneous data and phone unless connected to wifi. The T-Mobile & AT&T
    versions should be able too.
    08-27-11 09:35 AM
    so what happened with the whole svdo thing and cdma2000 1x? were the specs on the phone wrong or has vzw crippled it with regard to that feature, or does the phone just not have that updated svdo capable chipset as previously advertised?

just curious...
    08-27-11 09:55 AM
    so what happened with the whole svdo thing and cdma2000 1x? were the specs on the phone wrong or has vzw crippled it with regard to that feature, or does the phone just not have that updated svdo capable chipset as previously advertised?

just curious...
    No SVDO !!!
    08-27-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD