Well, after over 12 years with you (and VoiceStream before you in fact) our relationship has come to an end. Pity as well - what we had was pretty awesome. Great rates, decent flexibility with your plans, and till the end...customer service that was hard to beat.

But then you blew it. And by blow, I mean you blew harder than a gulf hurricane.

You may want to take note, that after that many years, and thousands of my (and my families) dollars, it is generally a bad business practice to not assist your customers to the very *best* of your ability. And when that customer is trying to get a consistent answer to a genuine problem, allowing your customer service "supervisors" to hang up on a customer is not what you do to keep your current contracts happy.

It's a pity as well, when you go out of your way to further speak down to my wife - a new TMob customer as of last year - as it simply solidifies her dissatisfaction with your quality of customer "care". I was shocked, and in all the years I've dealt with the company, I have *never* been treated so poorly.

So a new carrier has our business, and (sadly for me anyway), the Blackberry is no more either. It was a good decade+ TMob. Too bad you ended it so poorly.

To the CrackBerry community - you all have been the greatest! Thanks for all the years of info, advice, and humor! All the best to each of you!

Bri~
    08-04-11 10:49 PM
    I'm curious - what did they actually do?
    08-05-11 12:45 AM
    Their customer service sucks now. Ever since the merger was announced, their CS has gone the sh*thole. I used to be able to get through when I call them in a matter of minutes, now it takes anywhere from thirty to an hour to speak to someone. The best part after you do manage to get through, it's someone on the other side of the world. It's a shame that such a great (at least to me) company has gone down like that. I was always happy with TMO but not anymore. I got contracts until October 2012. I refuse to pay ETFs so I'm gonna hang in there.

To the OP, I wasn't clear of the nature of the issue but I do feel you. They must have done something really poorly for you to leave them after 10+ years. May I ask what carrier you have and what phone? Please tell me is not Verizon, they're the most expensive out there.
    orlandoroman likes this.
    08-05-11 04:32 AM
    Yeah the CS has gotten so bad. I left tmobile for vzw in March. No regrets. The coverage is so much better.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    orlandoroman likes this.
    08-05-11 11:12 AM
    I am not going to lie. I will agree with you. I have been with T-Mobile since 2003. Everything was going great during those years. Recently after the AT&T offer thing, their customer service has gone way down hill. It seems as if they don't care about their loyal customers anymore. I was about to switch to a different carrier because I was out of contract for about 4 years. But they started to give me better deals and so I decided to stay. Let's see how their customer service will progress..
    08-05-11 01:49 PM
    their CS went down hill when they merged with Suncom. They couldn't get anything right on my account and I left for AT&T
    08-05-11 03:00 PM
    Called the other day CS, it used to be so easy to get to talk to SOMEONE, now you press 0 and nothing happens, and if you wait... all it does is tell you your bill and the minutes you have left etc. WTH?
    08-05-11 04:20 PM
    Called the other day CS, it used to be so easy to get to talk to SOMEONE, now you press 0 and nothing happens, and if you wait... all it does is tell you your bill and the minutes you have left etc. WTH?
    You can't bypass anything now. Before you were able to say "I don't have one" when asked for your mobile number. Some say people get blacklisted so I would call from my Google Voice number and I would get through quick and now when I call via GV nothing happens. If you don't choose an option it will disconnect you. You actually have to choose the nature of your call to keep going or else you will get disconnected. It's a maze.
    08-05-11 05:10 PM
    What a tragedy. Where should we send the flowers for your account's funeral?
    08-05-11 07:51 PM
    I have been a TM customer since Omnipoint day.
    During recent times I have not noticed any decrease in CS.
    As a matter of fact, when the rep tells me about some new deal, they are pleasant. When I tell them to compare with my ancient grandfathered plan, they always say I have a super deal. That ends the conversation.

Hint. Call during Monday to Friday in the mornings. The staff are not so burdened with calls and they are always Americans. No problems.
    08-05-11 09:26 PM
    Every company has its bad apples - just don't forget that it's generally high school dropouts that work in call centres.
    08-05-11 09:37 PM
    Hint. Call during Monday to Friday in the mornings. The staff are not so burdened with calls and they are always Americans. No problems.
    That doesn't work. I've called at 6AM on my way to work. I got through in about 12 minutes instead of the usual 30-60 minutes but I still got someone from India.
    08-06-11 01:04 AM
    Its funnt to me when I hear this stuff. I've been with tmoble and NEVER had an issue with the CS. Even recently talked to CS and still get treated like a king. I am a little worried about what will happen if they merge with at&t. As for right now tmobbile gives me all that me my wife and mom want at the lowest price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 10:15 AM
    I've also got sick and tired of these customer service people of t-mobile and left t-mobile after ten years for verizon couple of days ago.
    08-06-11 10:55 AM
    I've also seen a decline in customer service. And it's not just one or two bad apples in my experience. I understand sometimes you just get stuck with a bad employee, or someone having a bad day. But up until the last year or so I was extremely pleased with their customer service. I was able to convince my whole family to switch over to them, as well as some of my friends. But in the past year every time I've had to deal with them about something it's been unpleasant. I'd switch, but all things considered they're still probably the best of the 4.
    beamolite likes this.
    08-06-11 04:27 PM
    No problems here. Have been with them since Omnipoint/VoiceStream. My only "problem" is no new BB phones in almost 2 years since the 9700 model. The similar 9780 followed a few months later.
    08-06-11 08:22 PM
    That doesn't work. I've called at 6AM on my way to work. ... I still got someone from India.

Maybe @6AM the southern US office was not yet in service?
    Most of the time I get folk who say they are somewhere in the Carolina's or so.
    08-07-11 11:14 AM
    Really thinking of leaving T-Mo. I have been such a promoter of T-Mo for the 7 or 8 years I've been with them. Customer service has really gone down in recent months and now with the exclusion of the 20 month installment plans I might have to leave. Price and these little extras (good customer service and the payment plans) were the only things keeping me loyal. Service has always been spotty compared to the other providers. Might have to make the jump if things continue like this...

orlandoroman likes this.
    08-07-11 11:35 AM
    I too was a big supporter of tmobile. I even referred a bunch of people. But this buyout thing just ruined it for me. I'm disappointed with them. So I left.

orlandoroman likes this.
    08-07-11 02:43 PM
    Maybe @6AM the southern US office was not yet in service?
    Most of the time I get folk who say they are somewhere in the Carolina's or so.
    I actually live in North Carolina and South Carolina is a few hours away. They open at 6AM Eastern Time. You gotta tell us your secret.
    08-07-11 03:34 PM
    Can any of the awesome reps confirm the 20 month payment plan termination? I've heard too many different answers.
    08-07-11 06:05 PM
    I read about that tmo news site. Apparently there is an official memo going around saying that it's over. So now you don't get to pay over time. You have to pay it all upfront.

08-08-11 11:45 AM
    I always get treated like a god when I call. Usual waiting time for me has been 2 minutes.

Blkbear likes this.
    08-08-11 03:10 PM
    The 20 month payment is gone asking with the old 4 month payment plans. Now you need to be on a value plan to be able to break a phone into payments, and it is now a 21 payment plan.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    08-09-11 12:18 AM
    Visit any carrier-specific forum anywhere and there will always be CS horror stories. So for me personally that would not be reason in and of itself to leave. Throw in poor service, or a rate hike, etc. and I may consider.

But I'll add that my 8 years of dealing with T-mobile have been smooth.
    08-09-11 12:12 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD