I have a PlayBook and im personally 'afraid' that if i get this phone i might stop using my pb cus of the relative large screen + even more portability (get a bit giddly, when have bb users ever gotten so much choice!)... lol just curious anyone have iPad and iPhone combos / do you ever just ditch your tablet after you get ur smart phone or do they compliment each other well.. i know it 'depends on me' but just curious how other ppl have been using their devices...
    08-04-11 11:00 AM
    I have a PlayBook and im personally 'afraid' that if i get this phone i might stop using my pb cus of the relative large screen + even more portability (get a bit giddly, when have bb users ever gotten so much choice!)... lol just curious anyone have iPad and iPhone combos / do you ever just ditch your tablet after you get ur smart phone or do they compliment each other well.. i know it 'depends on me' but just curious how other ppl have been using their devices...
    I think you will still use your PB just as much. Remember, PB is running QNX, which means you can do a heck of a lot more on it than just about anything out in the market today (phone or tablet). I think the browsing on the PB will still be richer than the 9860, even just because of Flash.
    08-04-11 11:05 AM
    Yeah, should be interesting as there is no way I surf the net on my Storm1 with a Playbook in sight. With the 9860, I think it'll just allow me to surf while I'm out and about.
    08-04-11 11:08 AM
    i am almost positive you will find that since you finally have a good, fast touchscreen and browser you will find you need the PB less. This is why many people with android/iphones dont need another device to complete the moble experience like people with a current BB do. You can really accomplish a ton with a good size screen and res phone. It will depend on the person though.
    08-04-11 11:11 AM
    while a qnx phone would probably cause you to curb your usage of the pb bbos7 will not. the functionality of the tablet still beats out the phone
    08-04-11 11:45 AM
    I had the ASUS Transformer tablet and decided to return it after a few weeks because I was going to get the 9850. I realized my tablet would just start to collect dust and I would be using my Torch 24/7.
    08-04-11 01:52 PM
    I had the ASUS Transformer tablet and decided to return it after a few weeks because I was going to get the 9850. I realized my tablet would just start to collect dust and I would be using my Torch 24/7.

(just poking fun )
    08-04-11 02:04 PM
    I would still use the playbook for surfing etc. I have older eyes though so even a 4" screen is too small for my liking. Heck even on the playbook I've been using my reading glasses but I wouldn't buy a larger tablet since that throw out the portability the playbook gives me.

Actually it would be nice to have a touch screen so when I do use my tour after using the playbook I wouldn't be poking at the screen for nothing lol.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 08-04-11 at 02:50 PM. Reason: add about tour
    08-04-11 02:47 PM

(just poking fun )
    Haha I don't get it.
    08-04-11 03:27 PM
    I have a Storm2 now...I think once I get the Torch 9850 I'll use it more on the go than the PlayBook but for certain things the tablet is always better. Shouldn't affect you much I don't think. Though it's interesting to point out how much the bridge functionality will be like with BB7 phones.
    08-04-11 07:45 PM
    I have a Storm2 now...I think once I get the Torch 9850 I'll use it more on the go than the PlayBook but for certain things the tablet is always better. Shouldn't affect you much I don't think. Though it's interesting to point out how much the bridge functionality will be like with BB7 phones.
    Also with the torch faster processor I'm assuming using bridge on the Playbook should be faster. I'm hoping faster internet bridged which I would still bring my PlayBook along because of the full web experience. I've really gotten use to the PlayBook browser and downloading pdf,word docs,and mp3's from websites. They are still 2 different devices with different apps that performs in different ways.
    08-08-11 10:47 AM
    Let me assuage your fears as I am using this combination right now and I find that I still use my PB the same as I did before...

PG
    08-08-11 01:21 PM
    The screen will still be too small for any comfortable long period reading, e-books in particular. The size of PB is just large enough for comfortable e-book reading, but not too bulky.
    08-09-11 12:55 AM
    My wife has the Iphone and Ipad 2, she uses the Iphone while out and about and the Ipad at home. I have a Storm 2 and a Playbook and use my Playbook all the time, but the S2 browser is a s fast as a 500lbs man running a mile and half. I also use my Playbook for presentations and such, and I think I will still use it when I pick up the 9850.
    08-10-11 01:36 PM
    I guess it depends on what you use the PB for. I have a Storm 2 and fully planned to get a bigger touchscreen slab next (thankfully BB gave me what I want, somewhat, with the 9860). I bought the PB anyway and always go to use the PB first unless I'm really on the go. For the most part, the PB is a "couch browser/time killer" for me.

If I were really planning to use a tablet as a go to device while on the go, I doubt I'd have settled for a Wifi model. I don't think the cell phone and tablet uses have fully overlapped yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD