Hi all, just bought my playbook last night and loving it Even convinced my cousin to get one today but just one question about video formats.

So far I've put 5 vids on the playbook. As far as I know all 5 are in the .avi format (ending in .avi in windows explorer) and able to be visually seen on the playbook however only the 3 tv shows I transferred over are able to be heard. Is there a converter you guys could point me to in order to convert videos properly from downloads or is there a specific format I should look for when downloading vids you all can recommend?
    08-03-11 12:17 PM
    get Handbrake. You can run the file through and switch the audio to a format that works, and same with the video format and file extension. You can also bring the file size down to a tiny size, which is the feature I use most.
    Scion.Nole likes this.
    08-03-11 12:23 PM
    I've had good results with Super: SUPER &copy

My only complaint is it takes so long that I quickly get tired of it. Now I'm only willing to do it for special occasions like a long trip. Its so much easier to stream when I have WiFi access.

I spent the better part of a day finding, downloading, converting, then uploading about 15-20 full length videos to my PB for a 10-hour round trip car ride. Figured I could keep the kids entertained. My anticipation was quickly dashed as soon as I got the kids settled in to watch - the audio wasn't loud enough to hear over the road noise, even with AC on and windows up.
    Scion.Nole likes this.
    08-03-11 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD