It's been a couple years since my first Curve, and my love for BB was really love at first sight (and touch) and I really have been anticipating a phone just like the Bold Touch, but I really think that BB is getting left behind.

Just recently I got an android tablet, and now, I've love to use my phone as a WiFi hotspot. As of yet, I haven't been able to find a way to do it with my phone (or any future BB).

So I have a couple questions. For those of you who switched over the android, did you do so and haven't looked back? What seems to be the phone of choice for android now, the Evo 3D? Did you miss BBM (I think I'd miss it).

Or does anyone have some information of a way to use my BB (current or new) as a mobile hotspot/tether to my android tablet? I recall reading earlier rumors about OS 7 having WiFi hotspot, then later saying it won't.

It seems like I'm breaking up with my BB.
    08-03-11 10:47 AM
    i think this is better suited in the android forums. Mods????
    08-03-11 01:55 PM
    I'm trying to sell my Thunderbolt, and having a hard time... I'll put it that way.

I sold my captivate as well.
    08-03-11 02:25 PM
    It's been a couple years since my first Curve, and my love for BB was really love at first sight (and touch) and I really have been anticipating a phone just like the Bold Touch, but I really think that BB is getting left behind.
    Getting left behind?
    Heck BB has been left behind for years & that wont change unfortunately.

Just recently I got an android tablet, and now, I've love to use my phone as a WiFi hotspot. As of yet, I haven't been able to find a way to do it with my phone (or any future BB).
    Nope its not going to happen.

So I have a couple questions. For those of you who switched over the android, did you do so and haven't looked back? What seems to be the phone of choice for android now, the Evo 3D? Did you miss BBM (I think I'd miss it).
    I left BB on EVO 4G release haven't looked back. BBM withdraw was a tuffy for a month then I came across "Liveprofile" app.
    Its BBM like but missing group chats which should be added in coming months.

EVO 3D is a great choice power packed amazing device. S-off hack has been achieved allowing root so free hotspot tether away , load custom roms etc.

The Samsung SG2 will be available late august / early September on Sprint.
    hehe it will be mine!
    Some Info: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=We_ef3Me
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-03-11 at 02:54 PM.
    08-03-11 02:49 PM
    i think this is better suited in the android forums. Mods????
    Some of my questions are directed toward Sprint specific phones, which is why I asked in here.
    08-03-11 02:49 PM
    The Samsung SG2 will be available late august / early September on Sprint.
    hehe it will be mine!
    Some Info: Samsung GALAXY S II
    I think this is what I'll be upgrading to as well.

It's just that in the past I've been content with my BB. It did everything I needed. But now that I'm trying to do more, I'm finding I can't with BB's current technology.

So, I'll doing the switch soon. My friend just got the Evo 3D, and he just switched from BB as well and he says he's enjoying the change. With as much as I've enjoyed my tablet, I think I'll be content. I know I'll miss BBM, and I'm worried a little about battery life.
    08-03-11 03:37 PM
    I think this is what I'll be upgrading to as well.

It's just that in the past I've been content with my BB. It did everything I needed. But now that I'm trying to do more, I'm finding I can't with BB's current technology.

So, I'll doing the switch soon. My friend just got the Evo 3D, and he just switched from BB as well and he says he's enjoying the change. With as much as I've enjoyed my tablet, I think I'll be content. I know I'll miss BBM, and I'm worried a little about battery life.
    GS2 battery life its pretty good out of the box stock.
    Once rooted there will be custom kernels & roms galore improving battery performance even more.
    Its support community will be strong that's f,sure so no worries
    08-03-11 04:01 PM
    Here's a thread that has like a 1000 posts. Should be some good insights there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    08-03-11 04:09 PM
    I have an Evo, Epic and Status ( I have at&t and Sprint) sitting in a drawer and currently switching between my Bolds 9700 and 9000 waiting on the 9900.

I don't miss Android or IOS ( do miss webOS). After all the fun of games ( a week) and neato stuff I don't use BB just gets it done and push notifications are better bar none

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    08-03-11 04:15 PM
    I have an Evo, Epic and Status ( I have at&t and Sprint) sitting in a drawer and currently switching between my Bolds 9700 and 9000 waiting on the 9900.

I don't miss Android or IOS ( do miss webOS). After all the fun of games ( a week) and neato stuff I don't use BB just gets it done and push notifications are better bar none

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    ya Android needs to get on the ball with Facebook ,twitter push lol
    Other then that I don't see push issue.
    My google mail arrives faster with android no worries of BIS going down....that happens a lot as we all know
    http://forums.crackberry.com/service-outages-f156/
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-03-11 at 06:01 PM.
    08-03-11 05:30 PM
    When I was with Sprint I tried the Evo 3 times and cameback to the bb each time lol. The apps were cool for the first week or so then I realized how much I missed the things I took for granted on a BB (BBM,Battery life,Led Berrybuzz,shortcut keys speed dial,Security, The ease of copy and paste and sending a text or email for me it was alot faster to do these things on my bb. My advice is you waited this long wait a few more weeks and try the bold touch I havent really heard a bad thing about it. Good luck with your decision.
    08-03-11 09:14 PM
    You may want to post your thoughts here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 10:56 AM
    I did it...I switched from a curve 2 to the Nexus S on the day that Google subsidized them and offered them for free through best buy ($50 in sales tax).

Hate it. Hate it, hate it, HATE IT. Gonna return it...and I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I return it.

Leaning towards the Moto Photon, but not sure...battery life blows on the Nexus S. It's buggy...it hangs, it crashes, it randomly shows emails that I've deleted as new, it randomly shows emails that I've marked as read as unread...I really hated the non-physical keyboard for a while, but I've adjusted and it's fine - not a real keyboard and never will be, but if that were the only issue, I'd keep the phone.

Voice dial is not nearly as accurate as a BB...BB IM is definitely missed, but not as much as anticipated - many of my contacts have gone away from BB's.

Biggest issue for me is email. Nothing, and I mean nothing, handles email like a BB...and don't get me wrong, toward the end I hated my Curve with a passion (it became totally useless). But damn it, email was still wonderful...and my major uses of my phone are email and talking, not Angry Birds or Words with Friends.

So torn...I've got about 25 days left to return the current POS and get a new android POS...if in that time a BB is available, I'm going to have a tough time making a decision.

I've come very close to getting the EVO 3d, but I just can't convince myself to do it...if the Samsung Within was available now, I'd go to it - and I still may if the Aug 21 release date actually happens, but I'll always miss how BB handles email.

If you're not a heavy email user and more concerned about browsing and apps, then yes, you'll be happy with a droid...if email is a major use, you'll never be happy without a BB.

Just my $0.02.
    08-09-11 12:16 AM
    I did it...I switched from a curve 2 to the Nexus S on the day that Google subsidized them and offered them for free through best buy ($50 in sales tax).

Hate it. Hate it, hate it, HATE IT. Gonna return it...and I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I return it.

Leaning towards the Moto Photon, but not sure...battery life blows on the Nexus S. It's buggy...it hangs, it crashes, it randomly shows emails that I've deleted as new, it randomly shows emails that I've marked as read as unread...I really hated the non-physical keyboard for a while, but I've adjusted and it's fine - not a real keyboard and never will be, but if that were the only issue, I'd keep the phone.

Voice dial is not nearly as accurate as a BB...BB IM is definitely missed, but not as much as anticipated - many of my contacts have gone away from BB's.

Biggest issue for me is email. Nothing, and I mean nothing, handles email like a BB...and don't get me wrong, toward the end I hated my Curve with a passion (it became totally useless). But damn it, email was still wonderful...and my major uses of my phone are email and talking, not Angry Birds or Words with Friends.

So torn...I've got about 25 days left to return the current POS and get a new android POS...if in that time a BB is available, I'm going to have a tough time making a decision.

I've come very close to getting the EVO 3d, but I just can't convince myself to do it...if the Samsung Within was available now, I'd go to it - and I still may if the Aug 21 release date actually happens, but I'll always miss how BB handles email.

If you're not a heavy email user and more concerned about browsing and apps, then yes, you'll be happy with a droid...if email is a major use, you'll never be happy without a BB.

Just my $0.02.
    I completely agree. I bought a Nexus S with intentions of returning within the 30 days to get the 9930. I have no clue how anyone can use email other than Gmail on Android! I get the duplicate emails everyday! I hate it! And don't get me started on garbage on screen keyboards. I simply cannot type fast & accurate on a virtual keyboard, even after 3 weeks! The large screen is nice, but I find I'm using the same apps that I use on BB. I'm just suited for BlackBerry. The Samsung is going back Friday. I'll be back to my 9650 until the 9930 rears it's beautiful head...
    08-09-11 10:41 AM
    So I have an Evo and a 9650, in moments of insanity I switch and use the Evo, that big screen is so sexy, I could get this app or what ever....

I can't type for ___ no matter what on the screen, I've tried all kinds of keyboards. But on my BB I can crank out even long emails that on the Evo I'd be looking for a laptop for.

I can talk all day. On the Evo I'd be looking for a charger before lunch, even with a 3500 mAh battery I barely made it all day. With the BB I never worry about a charger, or turning this or that off or on, etc. Just use my phone.

I like the Facebook app on the BB, it SUCKS on the Droid. I miss visual voice mail from the Evo, "calling in" is so 1997. I love the track pad and the fact I can do so much with one hand with the BB, the Evo is flopping all around like a fish if you try to one hand it.

The 9930 I can't wait to get.
    08-10-11 12:01 PM
    So I have an Evo and a 9650, in moments of insanity I switch and use the Evo, that big screen is so sexy, I could get this app or what ever....

I can't type for ___ no matter what on the screen, I've tried all kinds of keyboards. But on my BB I can crank out even long emails that on the Evo I'd be looking for a laptop for.

I can talk all day. On the Evo I'd be looking for a charger before lunch, even with a 3500 mAh battery I barely made it all day. With the BB I never worry about a charger, or turning this or that off or on, etc. Just use my phone.

I like the Facebook app on the BB, it SUCKS on the Droid. I miss visual voice mail from the Evo, "calling in" is so 1997. I love the track pad and the fact I can do so much with one hand with the BB, the Evo is flopping all around like a fish if you try to one hand it.

The 9930 I can't wait to get.
    Download Youmail. I haven't used Sprint's VM system in over 2 years.
    08-10-11 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD