Hi,

In this (see below) picture, "CrackBerry.com" is added after AT&T at the top of the device, where the network name is usually displayed. I've seen various other screenshots of the Torch (and possibly other devices, though I can't specifically remember) where this has been done.

My QUESTION is this: Is this a personalized feature someone can add to their Torch, or does it somehow happen automatically (the way AT&T automatically shows up)?

And, if you can add/personalize/change the text that shows up there after the name of the carrier, how would one go about doing so?

Thanks!
    08-02-11 07:55 PM
    That's typically the SSID of the wireless network you're connected to.
    08-02-11 08:29 PM
    That's what I thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 09:10 PM
    Hi,

In this (see below) picture, "CrackBerry.com" is added after AT&T at the top of the device, where the network name is usually displayed. I've seen various other screenshots of the Torch (and possibly other devices, though I can't specifically remember) where this has been done.

My QUESTION is this: Is this a personalized feature someone can add to their Torch, or does it somehow happen automatically (the way AT&T automatically shows up)?

And, if you can add/personalize/change the text that shows up there after the name of the carrier, how would one go about doing so?

Thanks!
    The "Crackberry.com" beside AT&T in the screen cap you posted is the Wi-Fi name. By default, it shows the name of the Wi-Fi network you are connected to.

You cannot change your carrier network name, However you can have a customized name for the Wi-Fi network appear. Open the "Manage Connections" screen, and go to "Set Up Wi-Fi". At the bottom of that screen, click on "Saved Wi-Fi Networks". Select the network you wish to rename. The first field is "Name:" Change that to whatever new name you would like, save and exit.

Hope this helps. ~ecm
    08-02-11 10:59 PM
    Yep. Changed mine to just say "Home". So, when I pull up into my carport in the evening, my phone network changes from just "AT&T", to show "AT&T - Home".

When at a McDonalds or Starbucks, it says "AT&T - AT&T Wi-Fi"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 11:41 PM
    Great, thanks all.
    08-03-11 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD