I have a PB with 1.0.7.2670 and cannot open attachements from my exchange account on PB. I can open everything fine on my 9650 w OS 5, but all BES files...small, large, jpegs etc don't open on Playbook.

The funny thing is that they did open when I first bought the PB, but I seem to have lost this functionality with OS updates.

Because it used to work, I know it's not an issue with BES version etc. Gmail attachments open fine, but it doesn't make sense that I can't do it anymore for enterprise messages.

This is my only real problem with PB at this time. Otherwise, i love it. No recent threads on this topic that I found, so can anyone help me identify a setting or something that can help solve the prob. Have wiped the PB once and re-establised bridge and all that, but am at a loss. TIA
    08-02-11 08:15 AM
    The newest version of Bridge is now honoring the IT Policy setting for Native attachment download. This may be the issue.

As designed the PB saves the files to your BB's media card. If this IT Policy is set to "0" and you are running the latest version of Bridge then you will be unable to open any attachments.
    08-02-11 10:57 AM
    Can I downgrade Bridge? I am pretty sure that my IT didn't change settings related to PB or even know about them.

Its unlikely it made any changes in the time where I lost functionality.

If it helps, I dont seem to be able to download attachments on BES but merely open them and view them. Again. Forward to Gmail works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 11:13 AM
    The IT Policy affect the BB, not the PB. It may have already been in place but only the latest version of Bridge honours it. If you can view but not save attachments on your BB then it sounds like exactly the issue I'm describing. Speak to your IT people and ask them to check the IT Polciy.
    08-02-11 12:22 PM
    Can I downgrade Bridge? I am pretty sure that my IT didn't change settings related to PB or even know about them.

Its unlikely it made any changes in the time where I lost functionality.

If it helps, I dont seem to be able to download attachments on BES but merely open them and view them. Again. Forward to Gmail works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-11 12:46 PM
    You can't download attachments onto the playbook through the BES server. This is part of the function of the Playbook for security reasons. No information from BES will be saved to the playbook as soon as you disconnect bridge all information is retained on the playbook itself. You can download and save to your blackberry though.
    08-02-11 12:59 PM
    The newest version of Bridge is now honoring the IT Policy setting for Native attachment download. This may be the issue.

As designed the PB saves the files to your BB's media card. If this IT Policy is set to "0" and you are running the latest version of Bridge then you will be unable to open any attachments.
    Although a thoughtful answer, this is wrong. The problem is that the newest update disabled the PB's ability to read the SD card via bridge. Attachments are saved to the SD card, but then the PB cannot access them. This manifests itself in a "tap to download" that works, but then you get an inoperable "tap to open" link. You also cannot see your SD card anymore through the bridge files app. This is a known bug and I am told by RIM's third level support that they are working to fix it. I have been told a fix is "coming soon" . . . but we all know how squishy that can be.

This problem only effects some users.
    08-02-11 04:59 PM
    Hi all
    I have same issue in attachments.
    At first Blackberry Bold 9780 do not showed attachments in all emails written in HTML with designs in signature. Ok I have fixed asking to my blackberry to download only messages in Plain text (BUT THIS IS REALLY TOO BAD).
    Then I have bought Playbook and same story : also if emails are in Plain Text I still can not see the attachments that are present on the BOLD. Only in emails received in HTML without any image in the signature or in emails received in plain text I can see attachments in the playbook.
    Now I have a question : I have bought Playbook to better see all attachments and now I use it only to read emails without the capability to open any of them.
    I have BES and the Playbook have latest OS and Bridge, and also BOLD have latest OS 6.0 and Bridge but excuse me... Are attachments not important ???? For me the attachments are the reason to have a PB and now I can not see any of them because 99% of the companies I am working with have a signature with an image....

UMBELIEVABLE !!!!!

I have to turn the PB to my 7 years old son or somebody can suggest me a fix????
    12-13-11 02:41 AM

I have to turn the PB to my 7 years old son or somebody can suggest me a fix????
    Your answer is probably in post 2 of this thread. Try calling your BES admin and see if they have the Playbook or bridge setup for the Playbook.
    12-13-11 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD