I thought it would be good to have a complete list compiled from everyone's ideas on what we would like to see soon on the playbook. Also I have compiled the list based on when we'd like to see this. This is an easier way for RIM to hear our requests, so leave a reply and I will try to get around to update the list every so often, Mods please feel free to edit this post to keep it up to date! Be realistic on the timeframe based on importance!

ASAP:
    -PIM apps-ability to sync calendar app with Google Calendar etc
    -better usage of RAM through the OS and native apps
    -autocorrection
    -SMS and call Bridge capability
    -BlackBerry Bridge performance improvements
    -USB OTG
    -ability to move bookmarks in the browser
    -a2dp

The Sooner the Better:
    -Android App Player/ Android Apps
    -Native BBM
    -use the LED light for notifications
    -integrate facebook notifications into the OS notifications
    -better text selection
    -angry birds
    -Microsoft Office app or updated Docs to Go Suite
    -Netflix
    -find option (in browser)
    -search option (OS wide like the HP Touchpad "Just Type")
    -dropbox
    -photobucket
    -multiple IM platforms
    -locally stored maps with turn by turn navigation
    -fix the GPS bug
    -slingbox app
    -bezel scrolling in the browser
    -photo booth like app
    -pdf search, scrolling
    -photo/video editing app
    -smarter keyboard(double space period autocap)
    -zinio app
    -faster camera shutter speed
    -free VNC app
    -more gesture controls (two finger swipe left to right for back)
    -option of status bar staying open
    -multiple app downloads at one
    -better wifi management(connect to strongest saved network etc.)
    -create more tabs on the homescreen lists of apps (folders as well)
    -change view in videos apps (list format) edit order of videos
    -Java in the browser
    -DLNA support
    -video and audio file support over bridge
    -more file type support for audio and video
    -ability to have multiple bluetooth connections at once

Keep this in the back of your mind:
    -better camera options
    -make the spacebar longer, period key smaller
    -widgets (even in an app) with rss news feeds, weather, etc. similar to Bed Buzz
    -when BlackBerry PlayBook get locked out have an information screen with info on who to contact if found (if PB gets stolen)
    -chm reader
    -keyboard layout like windows (in both bottom corners)
    -touch the title bar in the browser to jump to the top of the page

Please Sticky!
    Last edited by AutoPilot2020; 08-02-11 at 03:57 PM.
    07-31-11 11:52 PM
    man id love to actually have a full 1 gb of ram....lol as of right now its like the device shipped with only 768 mb of ram and after the os takes some, your really only left with 600 and change. also if things were better optimized to use less ram it'd be greatly appreciated
    08-01-11 12:01 AM
    better camera options
    a microsoft office app
    angry birds
    id like a app from slingbox (would be perfect for this device)
    and for the love of god, can we please get a gps application that has he maps stored on device and gives us turn by turn directions....RIM DO SOMETHING WITH THAT DASH ACQUISITION lol
    08-01-11 12:11 AM
    rello what timeframe would u like for each? feel free to make new catchy times ahah
    08-01-11 12:12 AM
    PIM
    Email
    Android Player
    Netflix
    Auto correction
    Find In Page, on browser
    True Multi tasking on browser
    Open up multiple browser windows
    drop box, or photobucket
    MS Office would be nice, because I'm not to excited about Docs To GO
    Widgets with news, rss, and weather feeds. Something like that Bed-Buzz app
    a cool free VNC. Why not? All business folks have important docs' on the terminals.
    Multi platform IM services
    Most importantly a cloud PIM service, or make it compatible with Google services, like calender, docs ect. ( If developers who live in their moms basement can create one for other OS's, why cant a multi billion dollar Company like RIM do it?)

Basically, IMO if RIM provides all the consumers wants, they would be on top just selling devices alone! Everyone would want those devices that do everything with out the fees. Heck, they could even charge more for the devices, and people would still pay! Stop trying to make money every little way from apps to monthly subscriptions.

The MS Office and widgets could come out by X-Mas, everything else, I want on tbe summer update

P.S make the space bar a bit longer. I find my self hitting the period key more then I like to
    Last edited by IvanAMANation; 08-01-11 at 12:33 AM.
    08-01-11 12:30 AM
    Oh yea!! SMS AND CALL BRIDGE CAPABILTY!! Thats a must. The TouchPad has it, there ahead of the Playbook with that alone.
    Rello likes this.
    08-01-11 12:38 AM
    rello what timeframe would u like for each? feel free to make new catchy times ahah
    time frame.....hmmmm.....its a little hard to say. id like to say id give them until he first qnx phones come out. i say that because depending on how that first qnx phone wows me determines whether i stay with RIM or leave to try out windows 7 or webOS.

oh and great suggestion on the the sms and call capabilities....cant believe i forgot about them.
    IvanAMANation likes this.
    08-01-11 12:48 AM
    if you disagree with anything let me know!
    08-01-11 12:50 AM
    i cant even beleive that we cant scroll down/up inthe browser using bezel
    rajrai10 likes this.
    08-01-11 01:56 AM
    Search Function in PDF!!! I have numerous textbooks on my playbook for school and they are impossible to use if I want to look something up quickly

- I dunno if its even possible but a CHM reader would be huge too! cuz some of my textbook are CHM format...but thats more of a dream than an expectation
    08-01-11 02:08 AM
    Official Android Player
    Auto Correct
    A decent camera app similar to Photo Booth on the iPhone/iPad

Ermmm..... Can't think of much else
    08-01-11 02:21 AM
    Couple of things I have not seen mentioned yet:

- I have a wireless at my home; however, in the bedroom the pb won't get a signal. So I use my iPhone 4's personal hotspot as WiFi. Both wifi's are enabled all the time. I would like the pb to take priority of thw wifis and when I go to the living room it should automatically switch to the regular wifi. Instead I have to do this by hand each time.

- Smarter keyboard such as iPad's. i.e. after I press ' key, automatic return to the characters. I have to press sym key manually when writing. BB bold manages this beatifully. Double space as a . etc. automatic caps etc etc

- In the browser, two finger swipe right go back a page, swipe left go forward.

- In the browser, touch the title bar to go to top of the page. Like in iPad.
    Last edited by oyalhi; 08-01-11 at 02:58 AM.
    08-01-11 02:39 AM
    a decent video and picture editor
    less shutter lag on the camera
    zinio app
    windows live messenger
    USB periferal support
    mutiple app downloads at once

but I can live with it as it is regardless
    08-01-11 03:41 AM
    - the status of pb (the info when you slide your finger from top corner diagonally, eg time date battery wifi etc) to show "all the time" (as an option of ciurse) but with very small icons so that it does not take up much space. e.g. as large as the title bar of a web page, maybe even smaller.

slide your finger diagoanlly and hit a button to make it sticky. how cool is that? )
    08-01-11 03:48 AM
    to make it short, i'd like to see an appworld with 30% of top applications of each competition - webOS, android, ios and wp7
    08-01-11 04:11 AM
    I think that RIM specific 'wants and needs' and developer specific 'wants and needs' would serve better as two different (and maybe sticky) topics.
    08-01-11 04:41 AM
    The keyboard Microsoft is going to be using in their tablet. It splits it into two small ones in the bottom corners so you can easily type with just your thumbs. I tried to find the video I saw where they showed it off but couldn't find it. Maybe you guys will have better luck then I.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 04:47 AM
    Same feature will be on iPads as well when iOS5 comes in September.
    08-01-11 05:04 AM
    when looking at this list, its mostly all little things that (Im not a developer so dont take my word) shouldnt be too too hard to fix

btw intial post has been updated, keep the ideas coming!
    08-01-11 08:32 AM
    Seriously we dont need SMS and calling on the playbook!

PIM isn't needed, autocorrect isn't needed, autocorrect might be nice, but learn how to spell lol.

I love my playbook but some of these features are NOT needed. this isn't an Android tablet, its NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT an Ipad! It is a RIM Playbook. And just because product A has something, does NOT mean the Playbook needs it
    08-01-11 08:39 AM
    autocorrect is needed because no matter how good at spelling you are, it is a virtual keyboard with no tactile feedback.
    you may think that PIM isnt needed but there are many of us, myself included, that dont use bbs, so we cant use bridge. It will also give it a better reputation amongst the other take creating more sales which creates more profits which means they can spend more money for RD into QNX phones

oh itll also close half the threads on this forum
    08-01-11 08:45 AM
    Seriously we dont need SMS and calling on the playbook!

PIM isn't needed, autocorrect isn't needed, autocorrect might be nice, but learn how to spell lol.

I love my playbook but some of these features are NOT needed. this isn't an Android tablet, its NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT an Ipad! It is a RIM Playbook. And just because product A has something, does NOT mean the Playbook needs it
    u gotta understand that its not needed "for u"....

i have a 8900 so i can bridge but i can see why people need the PIM features. i feel that if u think by that logic then no tablet "needs" additional features

Playbook NEEDS autocorrect. Kevin himself even made a thread about it not long ago
    AutoPilot2020 likes this.
    08-01-11 08:56 AM
    I have my intelligent phone with me all the time and manage everything there. Why do I need a tablet? Actually I don't need it. But why did I get a tablet?:

* So I can browse the web whenever I want with ease with a larger screen. Phones are just too small for that purpose. In my opinion 10" is too large. So what do I need to fulfill the main need? Large enough screen, easy typing, seamless wifi (optionally 3G), full ! web experience.

*So I can read books whenever and whereever I want. I need: Large enough screen, wifi/3g.

* Games to kill time. Large enough screen, easy access to games, and lots of games.

* Optionally do some basic work related stuff during vacation? . I need access to my files, access to email attachments that are difficult to read on the phone.

* I will also need to access my emails when I have the tablet in my hand, so I don't switch back and forth with phone and tablet.

* Since I have tablet in my hand already I would also like to do ALL things that I can do with my phone through some kind of communication with my phone. Including sending sms, and if possible talk on the tablet (through the phone).

Basically these are the things that I would like to do with my tablet
    08-01-11 08:59 AM
    I agree oyalhi, and not having a smartphone, I expect more from the playbook. I want to see the playbook exceed, and quicksilver u may not need PIM apps but in order for PlayBook to succeed in the consumer market it needs to have email, and calander
    08-01-11 01:36 PM
    oh, did i mention a2dp?? we need this asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-01-11 01:43 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD