Hey all, I've recently encountered some issues with my Bold. A few weeks ago, I noticed the phone would die after 3-4 hours of extremely light use (a few texts, etc.). I switched in an old battery - no change. I went to Verizon yesterday and they gave me a new battery, but it still isn't lasting more than 4 hours with me barely using it. What should I do? I don't have insurance on the phone anymore.
    07-31-11 04:27 PM
    did you try to do a restore (security wipe)maybe that could do the trick be sure to do a back up before
    07-31-11 04:42 PM
    Plug in and make sure you have all your updates. Check for newly installed apps that may have frequent update settings like weather or sports apps. Also if you have Bluetooth or wifi on all the time it would drain. The last thing I can think of is a change in cell towers where it is switching from 3G to Edge frequently.
    07-31-11 04:48 PM
    Some phones allow you to keep it on Edge or 2g service so it doesn't keep trying to look for a faster signal.
    07-31-11 04:49 PM
    Yes, set your cell service to Edge and turn off GPS, WiFi or BlueTooth if you are not using them and make sure to close all unused apps of course. Also try to update your PRL by dialing *228 and select option 2 on VZW. Connect to Desktop Manager (be sure to install latest version) on your computer and check for OS updates, run a complete backup no matter what else you do and see if any of that helps.
    07-31-11 06:25 PM
    If all fails, Back up your data with DM and reload you OS with a new OS 5 or the official os 6
    07-31-11 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD