Hello all,

My gf just bought a Torch and when she calls someone she sometimes hits the mute or speakerphone button with her face. I personally have a Storm2 and I have ScreenLock but it doesn't look like they have a version of it for Torch.

Does anyone know of a free app that does this like ScreenLock? Or if it's an integrated feature on Torch anywhere?

Thank you!

-raiderleaf
    07-30-11 09:53 PM
    That's strange, I thought the proximity sensor on the phone is pretty good compared to the Storm 2. Try having her keep the phone slightly higher on her ear. The sensor is located to the right of the LED. Simple adjustment works wonders. I found myself doing that often when I first got it. Also make sure that area is kept relatively smudge free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 10:41 PM
    It's kind of hit or miss. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. I'd still like to have an App solve it.
    07-30-11 11:05 PM
    Is there a screen protector on the phone? I'm digging now through the forums to find an app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-30-11 11:26 PM
    Best I could do. Hope it helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-call-513812/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-30-11 11:29 PM
    If you have a screen protector on the phone, that's the problem. It's blocking the proximity sensor.

I use AutoLock. It's a simple app & works great!

07-30-11 11:47 PM
    Thought the protector may have been the problem but I hadn't got a response yet. My Torch stays "Naky". =)

07-30-11 11:52 PM
    Theres an app for that!!!!

But seriously, if you hold the phone to your ear and nothing is blocking the proximity sensor(IE a crappy screen protector), then it works as it should and blanks out the screen when in use. All the available apps out there have the same problem, if you need to dial more numbers when in a call it locks the screen so this can not be done.

You do not need an app to do what the phone does naturally.
    07-31-11 05:31 AM
    PatternLock will lock you phone while you're in a call. I always had problems with my face muting or putting my call on speaker.
    07-31-11 07:26 AM
    Theres an app for that!!!!

But seriously, if you hold the phone to your ear and nothing is blocking the proximity sensor(IE a crappy screen protector), then it works as it should and blanks out the screen when in use. All the available apps out there have the same problem, if you need to dial more numbers when in a call it locks the screen so this can not be done.

You do not need an app to do what the phone does naturally.
    The problem is, it doesn't work all the time. 50% of the time my phone will mute or go to speaker when answering a call, with no screen protector. Swipelock helps some but is not perfect, when it misses, it locks the screen after it mutes or goes to speaker and by the time I get it unlocked and speaker/mute fixed the caller has hung up.

This flaw turns a great phone into just another neat idea that does not work in the real world. If anyone has better screen lock than Swipelock please let us know.
    08-02-11 08:32 AM
    i used the app ScreenLock when i had my torch as it was constantly my problem too... with or without the screen protector.
    08-02-11 09:29 AM
    My gf just bought a Torch and when she calls someone she sometimes hits the mute or speakerphone button with her face. I personally have a Storm2 and I have ScreenLock but it doesn't look like they have a version of it for Torch.
    I've never had this issue with my Torch...maybe the one you have has a bad proximity sensor?

There is also a mute button on top, maybe that's being hit? Although that doesn't explain speakerphone coming on.

Probably a long shot, but is your GF one that moves the phone while she's on it? I know people that will hold their phone to their ear when listening, and then move the phone away from their ear and near their mouth to talk. I'd think this could cause the screen to switch on/off while on a call.
    Last edited by Dwain77; 08-04-11 at 09:27 AM.
    08-02-11 10:20 AM
    Use PatternLock

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-02-11 11:30 AM
    Are any of those apps free?
    08-07-11 01:33 PM
    I use TalkLock for Storm...works on the Torch as well.
    08-07-11 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD