My battery life isn't that good anymore, I was wondering if sprint give new replacement batteries if I called them, and would they charge me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 07:38 AM
    Not sure I know USCellular has the battery swap program. Take in your phone and dead battery and they swap you for a fully charged one.
    07-30-11 07:40 AM
    Do they charge money for it?

07-30-11 07:50 AM
    Nope they don't. Not sure what they do if they know your battery is shot, I've never had to swap one but they claim just come in and swap your dead/run down battery for a fully charged one.
    07-30-11 07:52 AM
    Ok cool thank you

07-31-11 06:18 PM
    That only works for US Cellular. Sprint does not have a battery swap program. I know that if you have TEP you can have them order you a new battery thru the service center program, but i have never been able to go into a store and just swap batteries.
    08-01-11 09:49 AM
    I think if you're close enough to a corporate center, just go inside and tell them you've been having problems with your battery. They're always just swapped my battery for another one (might not be new, but one that a tech was using, but hey, your battery is shot anyways, right?). Never hurts to ask.
    08-01-11 12:39 PM
    IF the phone is covered under TEP and less than one year old. A repair center can test the battery and if it fails the test then they can order you a replacement for free.

No TEP + Warranty combo = no battery

08-01-11 01:51 PM
    If you have a warranty and or the insurance you can get a new battery at a repair center.
    08-02-11 03:26 PM
    I actually don't have the insurance on my phone and I called a sprint store around my house and they said that if I had the insurance they could order me one for free or I'd have to pay $45. But I didn't want to do that so I went to a sprint repair center and within 5 minutes I was given a new battery for free. Moral of the story is I guess it just depends on who you talk to and if there having a good day/ good mood lol. I love sprint

08-04-11 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD