I was playing with my friend's iPhone and an iPhone at the Apple store today. And is it just me or is the iPhone email really bad? sure it's HTML, but it sends so slow..

At the Apple store I've tried sending 3 emails.. all 3 failed.. the sending bar just wouldn't move.. Then with my friend's iPhone the sending bar was loading painfully slow.. I had decent reception 3+ bars over 3G.

Or am I just too use to Blackberry's email?
    08-19-08 10:28 PM
    E-Mail seems to be slow on the 3G network, if you are on WiFi it's great.

It has gotten better with the 2.0.2 Firmware update.
    08-22-08 09:42 AM
    Nothing is wrong with the email app for me. I actually love the app. I find it to be as good if not better than the BB email.
    08-22-08 11:42 AM
    Jayden, I gotta know - this says you joined in Mar 2008 and have 5,208 posts. WOW! That's something like 30 posts per day - EVERY DAY. You're a posting fiend!

Is it part of your job?

Oh, as for the iPHone email app - it's fine. It does the job, and it reads HTML. It seems like I have to dig deeper into menus just to use it, though. And, until Jobs gets Mobile Me fixed (he's promised by the end of the year), then push email is still more reliable on the BB. But that isn't a reason not to recommend the iPhone.

My iTouch does wifi email very well - though when it comes to typing on the virtual keyboard, I really am all thumbs. Don't have a 3G iPhone, so I can't really compare that. Still, when the bugs are ironed out, email SHOULD be faster than on a non-3G Blackberry.
    08-23-08 12:36 PM
    I have not had one problem with the iPhone email app. I actually like it much better than the BB one. I don't know why it was so slow for you, my iPhone sends email fast even over edge.
    08-23-08 01:18 PM
    Jayden, I gotta know - this says you joined in Mar 2008 and have 5,208 posts. WOW! That's something like 30 posts per day - EVERY DAY. You're a posting fiend!

Is it part of your job?

Actually, pretty much is. I am a manager for a business sector in customer service. I love to help. You can also visit my AT&T thread (in my sig)
    08-23-08 01:29 PM
    I have not had one problem with the iPhone email app. I actually like it much better than the BB one. I don't know why it was so slow for you, my iPhone sends email fast even over edge.

Maybe NJ/NY area is very good to us.

Heck... I've never had less than 4 bars of 3g in the city.
    08-23-08 01:37 PM

Actually, pretty much is. I am a manager for a business sector in customer service. I love to help. You can also visit my AT&T thread (in my sig)
    Very cool.
    08-24-08 02:22 PM

Maybe NJ/NY area is very good to us.

Heck... I've never had less than 4 bars of 3g in the city.
    Yea I have really good 3g service.
    08-24-08 03:28 PM
    Yea I have really good 3g service.

That is one thing I love about NY. When we get things, it's done as close to perfection as possible.
    08-24-08 08:35 PM

That is one thing I love about NY. When we get things, it's done as close to perfection as possible.
    Yea, it's great isn't it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Actually my iPhone 3G
    08-24-08 11:49 PM

I don't know about that. We get pretty good 3G reception in Southern California and we rarely ever pay anything for parking
    08-25-08 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD