Hey guys, i know there is about i million threads on the same topic but... i just cant find the right one lol.... Well around 4-6 months ago i bought a blackberry 9520 unlocked (cause here in mexico we dont have good offers to get locked ones >.<) so everything was going good i guess..- i mean the phone isn't the best one out there but it did it's job and over all is great (It apperently LOVES to have battery pulls u.u) so yesterday i was SOOOO happy cause i just got update for some apps (facebook, twitter,etc) and that SAME day i got a wifi thing... (gives wifi signal...lol) and everything was SOOO great! for the first time in about... 6 months i LOVED the phone... my carrier here (movistar) only lets me use EDGE so this was a great upgrade for me lol....

ANYWAYS! to the problem this morning i was using my 9520 with a smile on my face and decided to go take a shower... And i enjoy listening to music while i take a shower... so i did xD and well, you can ALL guess what happened...

I put it ontop of the toilet and the phone slipped (idk how O.o i put it down perfectly damn it -.-) and it fell RIGHT... next to it on the floor and the back fell of but the battery stayed in and music kept on playing... So all i did was pick it up, cleaned it of, put the back back on and kept listening to music

The problems started AS SOON as i got out! i picked up my phone and the screen was black, music was still playing but the screen had turned black... so at first i was like wtf? and then i was like WTF! so i went downstairs called my phone and it rang! but the screen stayed black and i couldn't answer the call.

I looked up for help online but i have NOTHING! i treid alot of stuff, one of them i thought was gonna work and no... NOTHING no results u.u So if you are reading this PLEASE tell me you have something that could help... i REALLY dont have the money to be fixing the phone, and i dont wanna lose it... or all the info in it... i am probably the only one here that can proudly say " I love my blackberry storm"
    07-30-11 03:02 AM
    Yes you are the only one. The rest of us feel cheated and waiting for iphone 5 and galaxy s2.

Take off the battery for like 2 mins. Did the phone submerge in water?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hooch_is_crazy likes this.
    07-30-11 04:21 AM
    Alright i will try that and it didnt even TOUCH one drop of water which made me wonder why it got damaged :S

and yes... i thought i was the only one who loves there BBS xD i have read the threads and they aren't nice.
    07-30-11 11:12 PM
    One possibility is that the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the motherboard has come loose. If the battery pulling suggestion doesn't work then go get yourself a number 6 TORX screwdriver and pull up a screen replacement video on youtube to show you how to dismantle it and check if the cable came out. You will also need something plastic for separating the case (a guitar pick works great).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 07:31 PM
    have you considered that the phone is locked? that button is treacherous.

A prop�sito, con Telcel es la misma jalada, yo tengo un Storm2 desbloqueado que agarra las aplicaciones con la red inal�mbrica. No eres el �nico que prefiere pagar unos 100 pesos al mes antes que varios cientos por un plan de datos que no vale tanto la pena xD

(Sorry people, mexican jargon. Basically said that the other major company is the same for me and my unlocked 9550)
    08-01-11 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD