Updated to the new BBM6 (.125), and now I can't send pictures. The window still pops up, I select what I want to send, and can still type in a comment but when I try to scroll to send, it's simply unselectable. All I can do is hit cancel. Has anyone else run into this?
    07-29-11 02:30 PM
    I haven't yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 03:10 PM
    I've made a little headway, and it seems like it's a 60KB cutoff. I can send pictures under 60KB, but nothing over. I remember being able to send pictures over 60KB before.
    07-29-11 07:30 PM
    That's definitely weird. I remember when I sent picture which were 4MB+ in size! I still do not understand why RIM stopped this and made them automatically resize to 640x480 maximum. Sure, it's better to send pictures quickly, but I and a lot of others send pictures with minor details.

07-29-11 08:15 PM
    I just sent one @ 113Kb. So there is no 60Kb limit.

The pic that was sent was compressed down to 32Kb, and when I opted larger image request, the sending failed. Looks like once again I was wrong and everyone else was right.
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 07-30-11 at 05:28 AM.
    07-29-11 08:41 PM
    Tried multiple reloads of .125, and I keep getting the same thing. Looks like it's not meant to be, for now. Went back to BBM5 and no problems at all.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of the same problems in the review section for BBM in AppWorld (can't transfer files, can't send pics).
    Last edited by lcambriz; 07-30-11 at 02:48 AM.
    07-30-11 02:45 AM
    Um well.. Have you tried battery pull? My contacts are missing right after I installed bbm 6 but came back after a battery pull.

07-30-11 05:23 AM
    Tried many battery pulls and reinstalls. Reloaded the OS and even upgraded to the new .615 (I was on .600 previously), and still had the same problem. Not sure what the issue is, but as I noted above, I seem to not be the only one. BBM5 has been solid for me, so I'll just stick to that until the next version of BBM6 is out.
    07-30-11 03:03 PM
    i had the same problem too with BBM6. i'm using BB 9520. after i finish typing the comment, i simply hide the keyboard, and the "send" and "cancel" button will appear.
    but i don't know if that'll work for non-touch type of BB.
    07-31-11 02:01 PM
    i had the same problem too with BBM6. i'm using BB 9520. after i finish typing the comment, i simply hide the keyboard, and the "send" and "cancel" button will appear.
    but i don't know if that'll work for non-touch type of BB.
    07-31-11 02:04 PM
    That's definitely weird. I remember when I sent picture which were 4MB+ in size! I still do not understand why RIM stopped this and made them automatically resize to 640x480 maximum. Sure, it's better to send pictures quickly, but I and a lot of others send pictures with minor details.

when i want to send picture without being resized by the BBM, i usually rename the extension of the picture (into .doc or .mp3). then instruct the recipient to rename the extension back (into .jpg or .bmp). but the BBM won't allow me to send a file (picture, song, etc) for more than 6 MB. maybe you want to try that. or you can just simply send the picture via email. hope this helps.
    07-31-11 02:22 PM
    Same problem, WTH!
    08-04-11 08:53 PM
    i'm having the same damn problem. so annoying!!!!

i have a BB 9780.

is there anyway to downgrade?
    08-05-11 11:36 PM
    i'm having the same damn problem. so annoying!!!!

i have a BB 9780.

is there anyway to downgrade?
    Yes. While the previous version of BBM is no longer available on the mobile site or App World, people still upload it. Check out the last post on the first page of this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-3-ota-610867/

Just click the corresponding link of your OS from your mobile browser, and install.
    08-06-11 02:33 AM
    Just bumping this, I have the same freaking problem. No way to fix it in BBM 6 then? Ah well.
    08-13-11 05:29 PM
    same problem and was hoping someone had an answer
    08-17-11 07:17 PM
    Same issue here. I deleted BBM 6.0.129 and reinstalled it and it worked for a few hours sending all pics. Then for no reason it went back to not working.

* Edit: I can take a screen shot of a camera picture using Quicklaunch, making the 1.6 meg image 111.3kb and it lets me send the picture that way. Hope this is a problem they are working on because what a waste if the BB takes a picture that size, but you cant send it.
    Last edited by Gkins3; 08-18-11 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Update
    08-18-11 04:43 AM
    i've had no problems at all in sending large size picture (3.5mb to be exact). it's just that bbm6 auto compresses it. older versions would give you the option to send original size pictures. An office colleague of mine used to have problems sending pics in older versions of bbm. It turned out that his memory card was corrupted. He got it replaced with a new one and problem was solved. Its probably worth a try to check your memory cards out just to eliminate this possibility.
    08-19-11 11:58 AM
    i've had no problems at all in sending large size picture (3.5mb to be exact). it's just that bbm6 auto compresses it. older versions would give you the option to send original size pictures. An office colleague of mine used to have problems sending pics in older versions of bbm. It turned out that his memory card was corrupted. He got it replaced with a new one and problem was solved. Its probably worth a try to check your memory cards out just to eliminate this possibility.
    Downloading the GParted Live CD, or Parted Magic live CD, will allow for a low-level format of the card. You'll need to delete and re-create the FAT32 (4GB and larger cards) or FAT16 (2GB and lower cards) partition, then click Apply. Ignore the warnings. Then right click it and choose Format to: FAT32 (or FAT16 for 2GB cards or smaller), then click Apply. The card should be usable then. This worked for me, it should work for others.

jaya_man likes this.
    08-19-11 12:06 PM
    I've just figured this out and this also my first post so cheers to me. All you have to do is clear your log so the bbm can resize the picture hit alt + lglg then clear log. You're good to go.
    10-16-11 03:29 AM
    Recently had the same problem on my 9780 the issue lies with app world which doesnt clear image files of apps youve browsed, all images remain on your device memory, if you scroll to your media : press options > memory use > and ul probably see that your device memory is full this conflicts with bbm as the fone has no memory left to downscale the image.... Anyways thats the issue......

I solved the prob on my fone by > scrolling to applications > files > file folders > device > home > user > appworld > img > screenshots > and cleared the files in that directory. Bbm works fine now
    10-16-11 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD