Hey guys so I updated to FB 2.0 and I LOVE it. The only problem is sometimes, status feeds, or pretty much ANYTHING won't load AT ALL. I gotta result to a battery pull in order for it to get working again. What I've noticed is on the top right hand corner there is a diagonal arrow thats not there when it doesnt work. When its working its flashing and its pretty much looks like its sending and receiving data. I don't understand why it doesn't work sometimes. I have Wi-Fi on and I have 3G. Does anyone maybe know why?
    07-29-11 10:34 AM
    What OS version do you have? Have you tried resetting the data services? Options > Mobile network > Data services: off, then on after a few seconds. This resets the icon and the connection to BIS. Might want to update the OS to a later 5.x or 6.x version if the issue persists. On OS 6, highlight the top area of the home screen, select it, select Mobile Network Options, data services off, then on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 03:18 PM
    I got Version 5.0.0.856. I'll try that next time hmm thanks for the tip. This happens to my friends as well. I dont understand why it sometimes just does that I mean I'm using not 3G so eh idk.

I wouldnt want OS 6 wayy to much issues on the 9700 Bold.
    07-29-11 05:14 PM
    Hi, I'm also facing this issue. Once in while the app will like froze and pull-battery or restart is the only solution. Im using 9780 with .600 os..this is quite frustrating...anybody faces the this issue as well?
    07-29-11 10:42 PM
    I face similar issues with data as to when I click on things; I click on photo albums or friends' profiles and sure enough, they say they're loading. The only problem is that sometimes there is no trace of data being transferred to/from the wireless network. I have to wait another 5 seconds before anything happens.

07-29-11 11:04 PM
    Having the same exact problem since I've downloaded the app. I have un-installed, rebooted, cleared the cache and logged out and did battery pull and still the newsfeed doesn't refresh. It's annoying!
    07-30-11 10:08 AM
    I am having these exact issues since updating to fb 2.0. I am have wifi turned on and have tried turning that off and on and data services off and on, nothing helps. I am now downgrading to fb 1.8, a nice poster found an OTA link:

http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Facebook/FB49.jad
    skyjake likes this.
    07-30-11 10:34 AM
    Same problem here. Bold 9650 running 6. Been this way since day 1. Runs good for 30 minutes then just stops. Have to do battery pull. deleted and reinstalled app several time and tried above suggestions. Shouldn't have to have to do this. Thanks Doll for posting the link for 1.8....

dollface likes this.
    07-30-11 11:28 AM
    Same problem here. Bold 9650 running 6. Been this way since day 1. Runs good for 30 minutes then just stops. Have to do battery pull. deleted and reinstalled app several time and tried above suggestions. Shouldn't have to have to do this. Thanks Doll for posting the link for 1.8....

back to running vers 1.8 and no problems. I'm guessing that another update comes out in the next few weeks.
    07-30-11 11:50 AM
    back to running vers 1.8 and no problems. I'm guessing that another update comes out in the next few weeks.
    Same here. 1.8 works just fine for now. Liked 2.0 features but somethings wrong. What I don't get I expected a lot more post about this issue. Unless I missed it didn't see many. Gonna just wait for a new release and try again. Thanks again for the link.

dollface likes this.
    07-30-11 12:23 PM
    Same here running 6.x BBOS. for some reason FREEZE or S-L-O-W moving. Damn thing was in "beta" for a long time. Guess the low stock price and falling market share "trumps" good "QA" anytime.
    07-30-11 08:58 PM
    I am having these exact issues since updating to fb 2.0. I am have wifi turned on and have tried turning that off and on and data services off and on, nothing helps. I am now downgrading to fb 1.8, a nice poster found an OTA link:

http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Facebook/FB49.jad
    Thanks for the 1.8. I can not switch back fast enough. My biggest complaint is you can't turn off the notifications and is driving me nuts but is a know issue.

Greg
    07-30-11 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD