On at&t and able to upgrade my 9700 to a 9800 for $49. Wondering what the 9810 upgrade will cost and weather to spend the extra bucks???

Mainly looking to see if anybody has opinions I haven't really looked at.

Thanks in advance, for the input!
    07-29-11 08:04 AM
    I used to love bb phones and still like them. If I were to get a bb torch, I'd wait for the Torch 2. It will probably be appreciably more money but when the first torch came out, it was already outdated. On the torch 2, they've improved graphics, processing speeds and I thing its supposed to have bb os 7 but I could be wrong.

On at&t and able to upgrade my 9700 to a 9800 for $49. Wondering what the 9810 upgrade will cost and weather to spend the extra bucks???

07-29-11 09:24 AM
    It definitely sounds like it is worth waiting until mid-August which is only 2 weeks away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 10:19 AM
    Wait for the Torch 2. It won't be that much more, but due to improved internals, this will be significantly better than the Torch. I love my Torch...it has been a very capable phone, but the Torch 2 has faster and more powerful processor and the OS is much improved. Just look at some of the write-ups here in Crackberry about the Torch 2.

When my upgrade time comes, my Torch will go to my wife and the Torch 2 will be all mine.
    07-29-11 11:55 AM
    I would wait for the Torch 2. As far as price, I think most phones go for $199.00 initially then quickly drop to $99.00.
    07-30-11 03:38 AM
    From personal experience, I didn't like my Torch. I thought I would love the dual keyboard, but it drove me crazy. I found it to be wobbly and awful. I even had it repaired and it still wasn't great. So, unless the Torch 2 is amazingly better quality, I would go with a phone with less moving parts, if I were you. Just my experience, though.
    08-03-11 12:59 PM
    I would wait for the Torch 2. As far as price, I think most phones go for $199.00 initially then quickly drop to $99.00.
    Ditto that ... definitely wait. And it will be worth whatever more it costs over the T1.

From personal experience, I didn't like my Torch. I thought I would love the dual keyboard, but it drove me crazy. I found it to be wobbly and awful. I even had it repaired and it still wasn't great. So, unless the Torch 2 is amazingly better quality, I would go with a phone with less moving parts, if I were you. Just my experience, though.
    It was pretty hit-or-miss early on as far as the slider goes. Mine had a little wobble, but I stuffed a thin sliver of insulating foam in between, and it's been tight and wobble-free ever since, and this is going on about 11 months now. But I've heard that the quality was better in later builds. It should be pretty much the same moving parts, so hopefully the wobble won't be an issue for the T2.
    08-03-11 01:10 PM
    just upgraded my torch 9800 and i love it ... BUT - i can return it to future shop within 14 days ... should i just keep the torch (which is working fine for me and for what i do with my job) or should i return it, go back to my old reliable curve 8330 and wait for the torch 2? i used my upgrade credit to get my torch so i have no idea what happens if i return it. just would like an opinion thx

edit: OR - should i wait for QNX ????
    Last edited by r3dhrwithacrl; 08-03-11 at 05:19 PM.
    08-03-11 05:17 PM
    just upgraded my torch 9800 and i love it ... BUT - i can return it to future shop within 14 days ... should i just keep the torch (which is working fine for me and for what i do with my job) or should i return it, go back to my old reliable curve 8330 and wait for the torch 2? i used my upgrade credit to get my torch so i have no idea what happens if i return it. just would like an opinion thx

If you have the spare cash and want something that will keep you happy.... Return it now and get a pantech p7040 go phone to hold you over... That's what im using now... It will be worth it to wait
    08-03-11 06:53 PM

Still no delivery date for the first QNX phone, which is going to be a touch-only slab. No idea whatsoever when there'll be one with a keyboard. I would not suggest waiting for QNX.

But if you really like the Torch, you'll absolutely love the T2. Returning the Torch now to grab the real deal in less than a month might not be a bad idea.
    r3dhrwithacrl likes this.
    08-03-11 07:57 PM
    ugh!!!! what to do???!!

thanks for all the feedback ... might try to return it then - if i can because it was an upgrade (not sure how bell mobility handles these things ...) cuz i'd love me a torch 2 ... if not then whatevs ... i just added all my apps, themes and wallpapers that makes my phone my phone. by the time my next upgrade credit rolls around (if that is to be the case) then i'll have some pretty QNX bberry's to choose from!
    08-04-11 10:08 AM

Is that going to require that you sign another 2 year contract? Unless they're offering you some kind of crazy trade-in value for your 9700, or they've dropped the price of the unsubsidized 9800 price crazy low, you will be using your upgrade credit for an old phone. On contract, you'll probably be able to get the 9810 for $200, and I think the $150 difference is worth it.
    08-05-11 12:03 PM
    That deal only requires the 2 year contract extension. I will still own the 9700, so I can probably sell for $150 - $299 online. I sold a 9000 on Amazon, when I upgraded to the 9700.

I am assuming the 9810 will be $199, but is it really worth an extra $150???

Thanks!
    08-05-11 01:10 PM
    I would most definitely wait for the torch 2 vs. getting the torch 1. the 1.2 ghz processor, liquid graphics and GPU, OS 7, etc. is supposed to offer a much better experience than the prior torch. The torch 2 is the same screen size but double the resolution, and if you look at the crackberry home page today they have a comparison of torch vs torch 2, and althought I'm a bold guy, the torch 2 is still very very appealing.

As for the person who mentioned they just picked up the torch and was thinking about returning it, do it. The torch 2 is a much better phone and it isn't as outdated as the original. And no, I wouldn't wait for QNX because who knows when they will release.. you could be waiting around for much longer than you might want to
    08-05-11 01:15 PM
    If it is not too late, definitively wait for the Torch 2. The T2 is basically the double in the hardware dept compared to the T1. And better yet, BB7, check the video that Kevin posted, and see how the Torch 2 torches the Torch 1 in web-browsing. It is so fast, that it no longer is funny...(that pun was not intended...or was it? )

Anyways, the T2 is more future-proof, better hardware, better software, an all-around winner if you ask me.
    08-05-11 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD