Is there anyone out there with a Torch 9800, on Telus, using the latest version of foursqure (3.0.2) and having it work properly with the GPS? If so, can you please let me know, and what version of OS you're running.

I'm on the latest official Telus version 6.0.0.448 and I have not been able to get ANY of the latest foursquare versions to give me an accurate GPS location. All my other GPS programs work fine (Google Maps, Poynt, Blackberry Maps etc.) but foursquare is way, way off by thousands of meters even when I know the GPS is fired up and working.

The last version of foursquare that actually gives me a correct GPS is 1.9.85.

So I'm trying to figure out if there are other Torch 9800 Telus users WITH foursquare 3.0.2 running and it giving you proper GPS locations, or if I have an internal conflict with another app or if I need to upgrade to a beta OS or what???

Any help from 9800 Telus users would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    07-28-11 09:40 PM
    Rogers using 6.0.0.600, Foursquare 3.1 and having same issues. I often get "no points for you" cuz you're lying about where you are when I'm standing in front of the building. I had the problem with 3.0.x as well. 3.1 seems better but it's frustrating the **** out of me. I think it's an issue with the amount of time it takes the bb to get locked onto satellites.
    07-29-11 08:44 AM
    I'm on Rogers using 6.0.0.448 and have had issues with foursquare for a while now! Foursquare 3.1 seems to be doing a bit better. It used to work just fine, but the last 3 or 4 updates have rendered it almost useless. I constantly get the message that they unable to determine my location, so they use my last known location (which is often way off). Even if I hit refresh and give it a few minutes to find itself, it doesn't make a difference.
    07-29-11 02:06 PM
    Well I reloaded 6.0.0.600 (used the AT&T release) and it is night and day 1000% better. My GPS locks way faster and foursquare is actually listing the location I'm at close to, if not at, the top of the list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 11:35 PM
    I am on Telus with a 9800 v6.0.0.600 and I have had no chance making foursquare work since version 1.9.15. It always hangs on loading venues. I let it run a few hours and it keeps displaying "loading venues".
    All my other GPS apps are working fine. I checked the application security levels, everything's allowed. I refreshed the GPS location in advanced settings, still no luck.

I used to stick with 1.9.15 but since a few days ago it is not available anymore (login is impossible).

I'm lost without my 4square... gotta switch to icrap or wait for my bb device to support android ???
    08-08-11 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD