Hey guys I didn't put this in the app section because I didn't know if it was just a Storm2 thing. I recently downloaded fb 2.0 and the user interface is dope. But its a bit buggy. Also I can't get it to update as quickly as the previous version. So does anyone have a link to the previous edition because while it looks pretty its not fully functional.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 09:37 AM
    i stopped receiving FB notifications on my storm 2 over a month ago. Don't know what happened. it was about the time their online chat interface changed.
    07-28-11 09:50 AM
    Hey guys I didn't put this in the app section because I didn't know if it was just a Storm2 thing. I recently downloaded fb 2.0 and the user interface is dope. But its a bit buggy. Also I can't get it to update as quickly as the previous version. So does anyone have a link to the previous edition because while it looks pretty its not fully functional.

I tend to agree, but even with the bugs, it is vastly superior already IMHO. I actually get notifications now, which is a huge plus, the old app was always a bit wonky for me on that end (and slow). FWIW, you can download the FB feedback app through the FB BB options.

Apologies though to your request, I don't know any links offhand to get the older version.
    07-28-11 10:57 AM

I too was having update issues after the initial install and BB reboot required. I rebooted one more time and I haven't had any issues since.

I really like the new interface. Much better than the previous version. The FB chat works well too. I think my favorite part is that it syncs better with my settings from the web FB. Now the people I have hidden online do not show up in my News Feed in the mobile app either. I hated this about the old app version. I also do not have the issue of double notifications and not being able to delete them. All works well for me.
    07-28-11 12:45 PM
    i stopped receiving FB notifications on my storm 2 over a month ago. Don't know what happened. it was about the time their online chat interface changed.

When you stopped receiving notifications was it during the Fb 2.0 release because my "news feed" nor does my "view my profile" ever update. They just stay the same. Also I get updates every hour whereas I'm used to getting them every time I'm notified. The app is basically useless as since I've downloaded it, I find myself going on the web browser version more.

07-28-11 01:48 PM
    Enjoyed FB 2.0 while it was in Beta, but the official continues to logout after a reboot. Something that Beta did not do. I'm also having issues connecting to chat with the new version. Lastly, I continue to receive an error message when I comment on a post or whatever, even though it post the message.

2.0 is great, I just wish they'd give the option to have the grid as "home" area like the iPod/Phone app. Maybe I don't always want to start in my news feed.
    07-28-11 04:10 PM
    I am having no issues with the release version compared to the beta version. the beta version would show an icon and red light but no tones when a new notification came through. all my tones are back now, and seems to update pretty quickly. if it doesnt then i just refresh and there ya go.
    07-29-11 05:22 AM
    Finding more problems with this new version than before. It seems to work great for a few hours, and then it just stops properly handshaking with the FB servers. It won't alert me to notifications - I have to manually open the notifications menu, click on "no new notifications," and it will then acknowledge the handful of new ones it has missed over the past several hours (I have it set to check for new feeds every 30 minutes as well, so not sure what's the issue). Alternatively, it will just stop...umm, working? I can try to load a new feed, or notifications, or logout, and it seems like the program can't find a connection (it doesn't say that, it will just sit on an endless, uncancelable loop). At home and work I have high signal strength, and at home I have WiFi as well, so I can't seem to find an explanation. The only way to get this cycle to end is a reboot. It's becoming entirely too persnickety for me to consider using it, although I'm sending feedback often. Hopefully the iron out the kinks.
    JJGeneral1 likes this.
    07-29-11 08:35 AM
    I've had a few random issues. A bat pull here or there seemed to have fixed them. I too don't know where to get the prior version of the app. Do you maybe have a recent backup? I don't think the OS contains a full version of the application, just a download link.
    07-29-11 03:19 PM
    This new version is annoying, just randomly my news feed will stop updating and only a battery pull will fix it.
    07-30-11 07:00 PM
    This new version is annoying, just randomly my news feed will stop updating and only a battery pull will fix it.
    I have this issue also & i can't check in... "unable to retrieve your location" ... I've done several battery pulls...
    erickk42 likes this.
    07-31-11 07:02 PM
    same here.....works fine, then no notifications come through and a battery pull is required
    08-02-11 02:00 AM
    Same here also...... This New Realese version of Facebook is S.U.C.K.........
    Dissapointed me a lot...... Can't Update Newest 'News Feed' after several time. Only batteray pull will Fix It.
    Still more better the BETA VERSION"...........
    08-02-11 12:06 PM
    Anyone Know how to get it so that I dont have to scroll through 18 million game updates of my friends to get to status updates?
    08-02-11 02:17 PM
    i can see several ppl have the "refresh" issue... Hope this gets corrected...
    08-02-11 06:11 PM
    official version sucks. wont refresh without bat pull like everyone else...can i get back to the beta version .29 anywhere??
    08-02-11 06:22 PM
    Nothing but issues since installing the latest version of FB. I can't check into places (yes GPS is on) and I have to do a reboot just for the app to "refresh"......"Refresh" on the menu does nothing......."refreshing feeds" just stays at the bottom and nothing happens.

Why would RIM release this updated version when so many people are having issues with it?
    08-02-11 09:47 PM
    Craig_F.....for this issue I hide these posts via my main login via laptop
    08-03-11 06:35 AM
    Yeah, still getting the refresh issue. I'm not using the app until this is corrected.

Incidentally, is there any app on the market that can force kill a process on a Blackberry (even a background process like FB)? I'd be interested to see if this could serve as a temporary solution until this is fixed and avoid a battery pull (and the subsequent drain on the battery from a reboot).
    08-03-11 07:52 AM
    Enjoyed FB 2.0 while it was in Beta, but the official continues to logout after a reboot. Something that Beta did not do. I'm also having issues connecting to chat with the new version. Lastly, I continue to receive an error message when I comment on a post or whatever, even though it post the message.

2.0 is great, I just wish they'd give the option to have the grid as "home" area like the iPod/Phone app. Maybe I don't always want to start in my news feed.
    Re your signing-in issue after each reboot v.37(official version) does not give me that issue but .29 in betazone did. also for the issues connecting and posting, only v.29 from betazone did any of that. I'd recommend you delete fb do a battery pull then re-install v.37.

the only issue i have with v2 on my 9550 is that sum actions are "click" activated and others are "touch" activated. its verrryyyy irritating. i bought a storm so that i wuddnt make mistakes by just touching the screen
    08-03-11 04:42 PM
    Re your signing-in issue after each reboot v.37(official version) does not give me that issue but .29 in betazone did. also for the issues connecting and posting, only v.29 from betazone did any of that. I'd recommend you delete fb do a battery pull then re-install v.37.

the only issue i have with v2 on my 9550 is that sum actions are "click" activated and others are "touch" activated. its verrryyyy irritating. i bought a storm so that i wuddnt make mistakes by just touching the screen
    I'm running .37 and still have the same login issue.

Also, agreed on the 'touch' vs. 'click' activation being totally arbitrary. I probably shouldn't be, but I'm surprised that something this buggy gets released like this.
    08-04-11 07:59 AM
    Anyone Know how to get it so that I dont have to scroll through 18 million game updates of my friends to get to status updates?
    Block the game updates. I have everything blocked: Cafe world, Mafia world, fish world, demon world and all that crap. Log in from a computer and when you see a post, click the X and when it comes up, click "Hide all posts for Mafia world/Cafe world/Fish world/whatever from your news feed"

Otherwise I'd have nothing in my news feed but updates about cafes and fish and quite frankly, I don't give a darn.
    08-04-11 08:52 AM
    Block the game updates. I have everything blocked: Cafe world, Mafia world, fish world, demon world and all that crap. Log in from a computer and when you see a post, click the X and when it comes up, click "Hide all posts for Mafia world/Cafe world/Fish world/whatever from your news feed"

Otherwise I'd have nothing in my news feed but updates about cafes and fish and quite frankly, I don't give a darn.
    ^ This, soooooo much. Also, it's not Crackberry related, but if you run Firefox and have the Greasemonkey add-on, get the userscript FFixer for your Facebook. It cleans up the UI, gets ride of nuisance feeds, and is heavily customizable.
    08-04-11 12:06 PM
    I had way too many issues with 2.0 The random update failures that required a battery pull started happening two or three times a day. The worst was the 15-20 second total-phone-lockups that happened every time I received a notification. I've since downgraded back to 1.9
    08-05-11 03:03 PM
    Can anyone get Places to work on FB 2.0 at all? When I try to locate, it sits on an endless loop and never can find my location. GPS is on and working with other apps (ex. Google Maps). Ugh 2.0 has such a nice interface but sucks with glitches.
    08-06-11 07:39 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD