My blackberry bold 9650 constantly reboots on its own multiple times in a day. I am on my second bold 9650 after my last one had its battery go down in no time at all and would not turn back on after battery was fully charged. My old Bold would reboot multiple times a day and the new one that they sent me keeps rebooting also.

It gets annoying and as you blackberry users know, blackberry phones are not known for a fast reboot. I was wondering if this happens with all bold 9650's or if I am very unlucky having the 2 bold 9650's that I have owned do it.

IF there is anyway that any of you know to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    07-27-11 02:29 PM
    I put os .600 on my phone hoping this would help and it hasn't helped at all. The phone still reboots multiple times daily.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated as this is very frustrating. Being in the middle of a text conversation and the phone rebooting is no fun at all.

Thanks

dmays00
    07-28-11 03:27 AM
    our company has had a serious issue with this since os6 came out. all senior management is on 9650's. best solution so far has been to downgrade to os5. oh, battery life is substantially better on os5 as well....
    07-28-11 09:09 AM
    Cplush you are correct, every os6 caused me to reboot, I have meterberry so I can tell when it has happened when I'm not looking at the phone.
    I dropped back to os 5 2 days ago and the phone is snappy again. Os6 lagged the phone also. I tried every os6 leak/official and hybrid and none sat well after a week or 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 12:59 AM
    Have you tried using it without any apps installed?
    07-29-11 01:37 AM
    I'd say first step check out the device in the safe mode. If the device is stable in the safe mode then it's an apps issue, if the device reboots even in the safe mode remove the OS and reinstall back a known good version in your case 5.0 versions of the official OS for this device. Also, see if removing your memory card and then using the device helps.
    07-29-11 01:45 AM
    Mine does this, too, usually when it switches over to roaming.
    07-29-11 09:37 AM
    I don't know if it will help your situation but I'll post anyway.

I used to have reboot problems with both os5 and 6. It always started to happen when my free memory was around 250mb or less.

I always used Shrink-a-Os to remove elements of the os that I didn't ever use. Finally I tried wiping the phone and installed the os WITHOUT shrinking it first. The only things I removed were what Desktop Manager would allow. (Extra languages etc).

This solved my reboot problem. I have only experienced one random reboot since. It was related to BlackBerry Protect. I had it set to only back up over wifi and it was turned off when the app tried to run a backup.

Not shrinking the os has worked for me now for two releases of os6. I'm curently using .600.

07-29-11 02:11 PM
    I have the same issue since moving to OS6.

For me, the problem rears its ugly head whenever I'm in a spot of questionable reception. Unfortunately that's at my desk at work. So while sitting there, I get to watch my phone reboot 3-4 times a day.

I've never had a reboot while at home, where reception is fine.

I was really hoping the new OS6 update addressed this issue, but it doesn't sound like it does.
    07-30-11 10:23 AM
    I have not had this issue on OS5 or OS6, except for the occasional rare camera app reboot back almost a year ago I think that was fixed in a newer OS release. I have good signal where I live and work, but travel to many much more remote places where my reception is poor to non-existent at times and don't have any random reboots because of it. My original battery is a year old now and I do not have an extended battery, but get a full days use with moderate usage. My reboot times are under 3 minutes with OS6, tons of apps and a 16gb card about 80% full of pictures, videos and music. I always try the official stock OS when first released, then usually go to a hybrid OS after a few days or week maybe for some extra umphf.
    07-30-11 11:42 AM
    I'd say first step check out the device in the safe mode. If the device is stable in the safe mode then it's an apps issue, if the device reboots even in the safe mode remove the OS and reinstall back a known good version in your case 5.0 versions of the official OS for this device. Also, see if removing your memory card and then using the device helps.
    What is safe mode? and hope do you get into it on your BB
    07-30-11 01:51 PM
    What is safe mode? and hope do you get into it on your BB
    Pull the battery, put it back in, and hold the esc key (right of trackpad) while the phone boots.

This will cause the phone to boot up without loading any 3rd party apps. Only system files will load.

07-30-11 03:29 PM
    Thanks for the info. I will try this. My phone has suddenly started to reboot constantly and after each reboot my battery which was fully charged will be totaly drained. When I checked the event log and saw that this was bolded at each reset:
    E net.rim.wlan.scan - NNet

Can anyone offer me any insight on what is going on and what is the significance of this enty. Thanks in advance for any info offeered.
    07-31-11 03:06 PM
    08-01-11 05:55 PM
    Nice. Hopefully that solves it for some of the folks here. I just wish that's what was causing my reboots.
    08-01-11 06:30 PM
    Have any of you experiencing reboots installed any apps lately? I would delete the apps and monitor the phone for a day or two. The two times my phone rebooted was after I installed an app that I didn't really need.
    08-02-11 06:40 AM
    Mine started immediately after the upgrade to OS6. Since that time, I've reinstalled OS6 and uninstalled every app one-by-one to make sure that wasn't it.
    08-02-11 01:09 PM
    Again with this topic??? I guess it just hasn't been covered sufficiently.
    08-02-11 03:18 PM
    Thanks for the help. My phone has started randomly rebooting on every start-up. I am going to go to my US Cellular store to get a battery swap. That's one nice thing with US Cellular as these are free.
    08-06-11 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD