Ok, me and my parents have been on Verizon for 8 years. We wanted to save money so over the weekend we switched to Sprint. Well tried to. Me and my dad went and he could only get approved for 2 lines due to his credit, and I tried and it was the same for me. So just he and I got on the $129.99 plan, but my mom is on Verizon on a single line now. The Sprint rep told us it would take a year of paying the bill on time to add more lines. We had Verizon like I said for 8 years and almost always paid on time, but have sub par credit apparently due to other reasons.

Is there any work around to this? The whole point was to save money, but having 2 people on one plan, and one person on Verizon, the monthly price is nearly the same. How can we work around having to wait a year to get my mom on a 3rd line with Sprint? It will save us an additional $40 a month. HELP!
    07-26-11 08:20 PM
    Have your Dad ask for reconsideration. Offer to pay a deposit of $150.00 orso. Will cost you more at startup but you would get your money back in a year plus after 4 months you will have recouped the $150.00 in the $40.00 per months savings.

Did you guys consider Virgin mobile, Sprint's pre-paid service? Or boost mobile where the bill reduces as you pay on time?
    07-27-11 07:10 AM
    Have your Dad ask for reconsideration. Offer to pay a deposit of $150.00 orso. Will cost you more at startup but you would get your money back in a year plus after 4 months you will have recouped the $150.00 in the $40.00 per months savings.

Did you guys consider Virgin mobile, Sprint's pre-paid service? Or boost mobile where the bill reduces as you pay on time?
    Yeah ill have to have him try offering a large deposit maybe. Otherwise my mom will have to go with virgin or boost or something like straight talk. If we go that way I hope her coverage is up to par with ours. The rep said even.though virgin is Sprint it uses different towers? Not sure how that works but I guess we may find out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 03:39 AM
    you might look into getting mom her own line. The other option might be to try to get the lines under her credit.
    07-28-11 09:43 AM
    We had the same issue with adding a 5th line. But we've been with them for a long time (like, 8 years long) so I was able to sweet talk a very nice rep into overriding it
    T-Mo used to let you have a co-signer if you had bad credit, might want to check into that. And remember, your mom's credit might be better than your dad's (my wife's is better than mine because she's had a credit card that she's kept paid off for 3 years).
    07-28-11 04:46 PM
    It depends on you credit. officially its even 13 months in good standing after starting and then its considered but not guaranteed.

You can always try to contact credit for a manual review
    07-31-11 10:00 AM
    Since you're within your 30 day trial period, I would just talk to Retentions and explain to them how you love the service, and you'd really like to stay with Sprint, however, you really need a family plan with 3 lines and that 2 lines isn't cutting it. Ask if there's any other solution they can exhaust to prevent you from having to bail. It would seem silly for them not to accommodate. Don't don't and bully your way into it. Just explain that you're considering your options for staying with Sprint, however, it does look bleak given that you can't have your whole family on one plan. After further rejection, I would then consider asking them about increasing the deposit (I wouldn't offer it off the bat).
    08-01-11 12:46 PM
    The only way i've been able to get people around this is to talk to the credit department, explain that you have multiple lines under verizon, and fax them a copy of your bill proving that you have had multiple lines on your previous account.

cheers
    08-01-11 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD