Hey, I just got the new BB Curve, and I am really really new to the world of BB. So I followed the instruction, installed the software, and pluged my curve into the mini usb and...... it cannot find my device, I have tried every usb port on my laptop, and still nothing, I have tried all of the suggested trouble shooting....still no results, I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled the software....still does not acknowledge the device, not even in the my computer does it acknowledge the sd card in the device. Please help any way you can would be appreciated.

I am running wndows vista home edit.
    Alltel service provider,
    and Love my BB just cant get it to sync, so I can install new things,....Thanks Shannon
    08-19-08 04:55 PM
    Did you open the desktop manager software?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 04:57 PM
    Welcome to CB!

It sounds like you may not have the device drivers installed. Did you install DM by the CD that came with your BB, or did you go to a website?
    08-19-08 04:57 PM
    Hey, I just got the new BB Curve, and I am really really new to the world of BB. So I followed the instruction, installed the software, and pluged my curve into the mini usb and...... it cannot find my device, I have tried every usb port on my laptop, and still nothing, I have tried all of the suggested trouble shooting....still no results, I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled the software....still does not acknowledge the device, not even in the my computer does it acknowledge the sd card in the device. Please help any way you can would be appreciated.

I am running wndows vista home edit.
    Alltel service provider,
    and Love my BB just cant get it to sync, so I can install new things,....Thanks Shannon
    A couple of things to try. Download and install the handheld software for your device. On your DM, go to Tools> Connection Options> Select None and than Detect (Different on newer DM versions, based on 4.2.2). Normally this should work. If not, try doing a battery pull with the device powered on and still plugged in. Let me know how that works and we can go from there.
    08-19-08 05:47 PM
    I had the same problem just now and did the battery pull and it worked like magic!
    08-19-08 09:53 PM
    I installed the software from the cd that came with my BB. I have version 4.3 installed. I tried the options, none, detect....it did nothing except tell me that device cannot be located. I tried the battery pull, still nothing. When I plug in the usb it show on the batter icon on the BB that the usb is connected for only about one second, then the connected icon disapears, I am not sure about the drivers, I guess I just figured that they would be installed with the installation from the disc. Thanks Again for all of your help......
    08-19-08 10:55 PM
    The DM was open and with the BB plugged in I pulled the battery and when I put it back it started connecting.
    08-19-08 11:32 PM
    If there is still a connection problem have you tried a known good cable to connect the BB to the laptop? It's possible that the cable is bad. It's also possible the port on the BB or the laptop is bad though not as likely as a bad cable. Do other devices connected by usb to the laptop work correctly? If you have access to another laptop or pc (friend/family/work) will the BB connect propoperly with them? Once I know the answers to these questions I will be able to eliminate possible causes for the connection problem.

08-20-08 12:26 AM
    Yes all other items I connect to my laptop work just fine, I have tried to connect my black berry to another computer, my pc and I even installed the software given me by the phone company onto my pc to see if that would help.....again no luck. I have tried two other usb cables that I know work.... I was wondering if there is some sort of driver problem, plus it makes me wonder that when the cable is first pluged into the BB it show the connection on the battery logo for about one second then then it goes away......
    08-20-08 12:34 AM
    At this time I am suspecting the connection port on the BB may be faulty. Any problems with the battery charging or indicating charging when using the wall charger? I assume all curves chargers plug into the same port as the usb cable does. One other question does gently wiggling the end connected to the BB do anything even if its just a momentary connection?

08-20-08 02:13 AM
    They Wall charger and even car charger work great, no problems at all. It just wont acknowledge the usb. I am not sure I looked in the control panel under usb drivers and did not see any for the BB, if it could be a driver problem, where could I get the driver, obviously it did not install it from the disc, when I installed the software. Agan I have version 4.3, I want to update to 4.5 but if I cant get it to connect then I will not be able to do any updateing, oh and another reason I believe it my be the drivers is I had to return my first BB curve because of a faulty "k" key and I had tried to connect it as well and it did not work either.....Thanks Again
    08-20-08 07:55 AM
    Sometimes with windows vista it doesn't look in the correct folder for drivers . Go to device manager in windows and do a scan for hardware changes, if it finds a change browse for the driver in c:\windows\system32\drivers if that doesn't work go to blackberry.com and download the updated desktop manager from your carriers link.then get both dm and device software

08-20-08 10:31 AM
    Sometimes with windows vista it doesn't look in the correct folder for drivers . Go to device manager in windows and do a scan for hardware changes, if it finds a change browse for the driver in c:\windows\system32\drivers if that doesn't work go to blackberry.com and download the updated desktop manager from your carriers link.then get both dm and device software

Try this hopefully it will solve the problem. Since charging the BB with the things you mentioned works fine I don't think it is the port on the BB. I'll check back again when I am on break at work. In the mean time it is time for me to go to sleep so I can wake up with enough time to take care of a few things before I start work.
    08-20-08 12:04 PM
    Also I didn't see that you tried downloading the device handheld software. (Not provided with the disk that came with device, try blackberry.com or your providers support pages)
    08-20-08 01:55 PM
    I have tried everything suggested so far. I have gone to blackberry.com and downloaded and installed the newest version of DM, I have tried searching for drivers, I have done battery pulls, I am not sure that I understand what you mean by handheld software download, if I cannot get the device to be acknowledge a connection to the computer or vise versa, how can I even install software that i can download..... I love my blackberry I really do but this has got to be the most troublesome thing I have ever tried to do. I really dont know what else to do. Like I said I have done everything suggested here thus far, but to no avail. If you can think of anything else please let me know. I cannot figure out why the computer does not acknowledge the device everything and i mean everthing I have ever pluged in has been auto recognised but not this time.......... Please I will keep trying as long as you kind and gernerous people keep suggesting...Thanks Again
    08-20-08 02:48 PM
    Go here Select Blackberry Curve 8330 Smart Phone download it and install it. See if that works
    08-20-08 02:59 PM
    I forgot that you would also need to do the whole registration thing....
    08-20-08 05:45 PM
    I followed the link downloaded the software, followed the instructions where it said to connect the device and then press next.....did that, then it had a drop box which I could click on to select the input but it was empty and it would not let me check the box for discover conection......I have never seen anything this stubborn before......LOL
    08-20-08 06:06 PM
    Okay, I know this may sound redundant. But did you uninstall any prior versions of DM before this installation? And do you have admin rights on computer?
    08-20-08 06:30 PM
    Make sure selective suspend is inactive.
    1. Click Start, and type device manager in the Start Search box.
    2. Click Device Manager in the Programs list.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
    3. In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    4. In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab.
    Remove the check from the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.

Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each USB Root Hub listed in the Device Manager
    Last edited by Mattayo; 08-20-08 at 06:36 PM.
    08-20-08 06:34 PM
    Another way to do it,

1. Go to control panel
    2. Power Options
    3. Select change settings on active profile
    4. Go to advanced settings
    5. Click the + to expand USB settings
    6.Click the + to expand USB selective suspend setting
    7. Verify On battery and Plugged in are set to Disabled
    8. Click OK.
    9. Reboot and try, try again...
    Last edited by Mattayo; 08-20-08 at 06:53 PM.
    08-20-08 06:47 PM
    Looks like the above posts since I last posted are some good things to try. I'll check back again later tonight to see how things are.

08-20-08 10:26 PM
    Sorry for double post but it appears edit isn't working correct on 4.5. I wanted to point out connection problems like this are not typical for BBs. We will eventually figure it out. Sometime windows does some freaky stuff.

08-20-08 10:31 PM
    I have followed all of the above advice. I did uninstall the previous software before intsalling the newly downloaded. I checked all usb drivers, restarted, and tried again, but still nothing. It has to be that for some reason the usb drives are not picking up the drivers I have tried the several large to small power ranging objects pluging them in and the auto play grabs them every time, but not the BB. Thanks guys for helping me, I will stick with it as long as you guys come up with stuff for me to try.........Shannon
    08-21-08 07:35 AM
    Wow we have tried so many different things anyone feel like posting a summary so we get an at glance what we have tried? I have one off the wall thing to try which is easy so it won't be a hassle if it doesn't work. Shutdown the laptop. When it has completely powered off plug the BB into one of the USB ports if there is more than one that it can be plugged into. Then power on the laptop and log into windows as you would normally. If you have more than one USB port on the laptop you can try this process for each port if you want. Let us know if this works out. I'll check back again when I'm on break at work. Its getting close to time for me to go to sleep.
    08-21-08 10:26 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD