so which web site is likely to have the announcement first?

Crackberry? RIM? ******?

I'm not so sure I want to sign up for a tweet. Instead, I'll just keep hitting refresh on the ????? web site.

Thanks
    07-26-11 08:05 AM
    Crackberry will be on top of it
    07-26-11 08:07 AM
    Umm Yep what travaz said
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-26-11 08:22 AM
    Do anyone know the time when it is? Sure will check just this site
    07-26-11 09:22 AM
    Do anyone know the time when it is? Sure will check just this site
    Would love to know what time they will release that information. Anybody know?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    07-26-11 09:28 AM
    You can see someone's tweets without signing up for twitter:

Research In Motion (BlackBerry) on Twitter
    Jonnycraig likes this.
    07-26-11 09:34 AM
    like visual purple said you don't have to sign up to twitter to view a twitter feed

the best place to view it is twitter as they have already said they will be using a tag (which is used by twitter users to talk about the same subject/makes it easier to find a topic) which probably means they will post lots of different information which will make quicker and easier to get the information from twitter than wait till someone else has regurgitated it
    07-26-11 10:19 AM
    i agree, twitter is the best spot.

otherwise keep an eye on CB, BR, N4BB and others
    07-26-11 10:22 AM
    I didn't see a CC listed for Rim today, so guess they don't want a positive press release to go out.
    07-26-11 10:33 AM
    twitter.com/blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 11:21 AM
    twitter.com/blackberry

You can also get the tweets on your phone by texting "follow Blackberry" to (40404 - US or 21212 - CAN).

Your carrier will charge you for text messages from Twitter in the same way as text messages from someone you know.
    -If you have an unlimited texting plan, you won't be charged.
    -If your plan only allows a certain number of texts per month, you'll be charged for texts that go over that number, whether or not they came from Twitter.
    -If you pay-per-message, you will be charged by your carrier for the messages sent from Twitter
    07-26-11 11:42 AM
    OK.... so it is 12:45pm.

Is there some sort of optimal announcement time?
    07-26-11 11:42 AM
    Well yesterday they didn't post the hint until late afternoon/early evening so maybe they will make the announcement around the same time.(This is all referenced to the US ET)
    07-26-11 11:49 AM
    If you read the Tweet - it says: "You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7! Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight. ^CH" - it doesn't say they are announcing the release - seems they are going to do a BB7FanNight and they will announce THAT today...... thats how I am reading this....
    07-26-11 11:54 AM
    If you read the Tweet - it says: "You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7! Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight. ^CH" - it doesn't say they are announcing the release - seems they are going to do a BB7FanNight and they will announce THAT today...... thats how I am reading this....
    Well I'll be... He's right. It makes sense sadly

07-26-11 12:04 PM
    Well I'll be... He's right. It makes sense sadly

Agreed and judging off of a couple tweets today from BB, it sounds pretty accurate that they are going to give details on the #BB7FanNight rather than actually giving out information on the devices tonight. A tweet a little while ago said something along the lines of stay tuned for details on how to win a chance to go to the #BB7FanNight and a chance to win your choice of device. So, it looks like they are just telling us about this event that is going to take place rather than actually revealing the devices, but hopefully they give us something.
    07-26-11 12:08 PM
    yea - and watch BB7FanNight will be in like 2-3 weeks!

07-26-11 12:24 PM
    that makes sense. what a let down thinking that they will be announcing new devices!
    07-26-11 12:36 PM
    But there are reports on other threads that Verizon is going to be announcing the device tonight along with BB, so who knows at this point. See page 5 and 6 of following link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...17/index6.html
    07-26-11 12:51 PM
    But there are reports on other threads that Verizon is going to be announcing the device tonight along with BB, so who knows at this point. See page 5 and 6 of following link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...17/index6.html
    Unfortunately, nothing is going to happen... I wish, but no.

07-26-11 01:18 PM
    Unfortunately, nothing is going to happen... I wish, but no.

It wouldn't do me any good anyway since I am on Sprint, but I don't see much coming out tonight accept for BB saying that they are having this great event in a week that will reveal the OS7 devices.
    07-26-11 01:30 PM
    "Hey Team BlackBerry, what's shiny, new and social all over? We want to tell you all about it. Can you guess what it might be? Tune in tomorrow for details!"

That was posted on their Facebook page last night...
    07-26-11 02:13 PM
    and it was to do with an event they are hosting in Toronto next week (on the 3rd august) when they will host the blackberry launch of BB7 + phones (which you could win entrance to event + phone of ur choice) yawn back the the phones 4 u 15th august expected date in the uk
    07-26-11 02:22 PM
    You can also look here:

Twitter
    07-26-11 02:48 PM
    Well that's...lame.
    07-26-11 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD