Either the mods are doing a much better job, or they are starting to feel foolish and outnumbered as enthusiasm ramps up.. either way it's all good news...Very little RIM and PlayBook bashing - and I am in such a better mood now...but it's almost not fun anymore, but who needs that kind of fun?.

Ok yeah this is probably troll bait - actually it's a test...I'm corraling any that are left up in here for the slaughter.

But thanks to the mods if credit is due... and watch them close this thread lol
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-25-11 at 11:18 PM.
    07-25-11 11:09 PM
    It's the mods. Thank them profusely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 11:16 PM
    And threads like his help enormously.

/sarcasm off.
    07-25-11 11:19 PM
    It's the mods. Thank them profusely.

who? the mods are trolls?
    hehe
    07-25-11 11:23 PM
    It IS quite a bit better. Probably because the PB is getting better and the release of new phones are coming out and especially because of the mods.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    07-25-11 11:25 PM
    Hmmmm, the decline in trolling coincides with my arrival on these forums.

So....you're welcome? :-D
    07-25-11 11:27 PM
    They should be at precentral with the release of the touchpad now.

01itr and chiefbroski like this.
    07-25-11 11:30 PM
    RIMpire is Striking back! Death to all trolls!!

I think they're slowly but surely getting the message. And mods are doing a good job. Let's make this and keep this a troll-free community.
    07-25-11 11:38 PM
    Not only the mods, also thanks for everyone who used the 'report' button
    Michelle Haag and quellerie like this.
    07-25-11 11:42 PM
    they are too busy hanging out in the news and rumors section talking about stock prices

01itr likes this.
    07-26-11 12:18 AM
    Oh brother
    07-26-11 12:24 AM
    They should be at precentral with the release of the touchpad now.

kind of funny....i laughed. but whats "precentral"? and whats a "touchpad"? sounds like a feminine product......LLOOOLL!!
    07-26-11 12:38 AM
    how do you know if you are a troll or not?
    07-26-11 12:40 AM
    how do you know if you are a troll or not?
    Simple! If you aren't excited about the latest BlackBerry, you're a troll! *sarcasm*
    07-26-11 12:44 AM
    Glad to see that!
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    07-26-11 01:20 AM
    Simple! If you aren't excited about the latest BlackBerry, you're a troll! *sarcasm*
    I'm not excited about the OS 7 devices. Bring me QNX devices, and that will excite me.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-26-11 01:40 AM
    It might simply be that they no longer see RIM as a threat and are instead concentrating their fire on Android (as most trolls seem to be App*e fanboys.)
    07-26-11 01:46 AM
    Oh brother
    Had a feeling you would show up in here GRAB HIM!!!

The trap worked!

Anyway thanks mods, awesome work.. This is mod recognition and appreciation thread. I will also give credit to PlayBook for improving itself. Take a bow Playbook.
    chiefbroski and dadymon like this.
    07-26-11 02:58 AM
    kind of funny....i laughed. but whats "precentral"? and whats a "touchpad"? sounds like a feminine product......LLOOOLL!!
    Probably why they decided not to name PlayBook "BlackPad"....
    07-26-11 03:00 AM
    RIMpire is Striking back! Death to all trolls!!

I think they're slowly but surely getting the message. And mods are doing a good job. Let's make this and keep this a troll-free community.
    Agreed - thanks Kevin it's much more constructive, friendly and pleasant in here.
    07-26-11 03:01 AM
    And threads like his help enormously.

/sarcasm off.
    Grab him too.
    07-26-11 03:01 AM
    I would say if you're a sarcastic sob you're a troll ...snap! got another one...
    07-26-11 03:06 AM
    Grab him too.
    pffft! You're indicative of a bad trend around here. Anyone who doesn't conform to your ideals or disagree is labeled a troll. And by who? You? Puleease.

Grow up.
    07-26-11 03:55 AM
    I'm just glad bb products are being made in Indonesia now by people earning $3 a day so RIM can lay off 2,000 obviously overpaid Canadians in order to make enough profits to keep all the shareholders from jumping ship before the stocks fall even more.
    07-26-11 05:24 AM
    I'm just glad bb products are being made in Indonesia now by people earning $3 a day so RIM can lay off 2,000 obviously overpaid Canadians in order to make enough profits to keep all the shareholders from jumping ship before the stocks fall even more.
    According to this CBC article, the 200 let go in June were mostly Canadian workers in the manufacturing sector. But the current cuts are worldwide. Looks like there are trolls at the CBC - I almost choked on the reference to an "iPad-like tablet" in the news item":

------
    CBC 25 July 2011
    "Employees based in North America will begin to receive their notices this week, while those in most other countries will be told at a later date, the company said.

Any severance payments or other charges related to the job cuts are not included in RIM's second-quarter and full-year outlook.

Business analysts have speculated part of those losses can be attributed to RIM's failure to keep up with its competitors in the communications market, such as Apple and Google. The late launch of its iPad-like tablet, the PlayBook, is considered a specific failure.

Nonetheless, the company did meet its own sales expectation of 500,000 sales of the device in its inaugural quarter."
    07-26-11 05:53 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD