I'm going to be traveling to the US next week and want to take my Blackberry. I figure I need about 10-15mb of data and about 250 text messages. Does anybody know of a good deal for travel?

Thanks
    07-25-11 09:15 PM
    They will have to add on another data plan and a texting plan. I can't remember how much they cost though
    07-25-11 09:20 PM
    $30 gives you 10 MB of data / $50 gives you 25MB. i HIGHLY recommend getting the roaming data add one... imo, it's a must than the voice and text messaging add ons.... the bill when you get back to canada will kill you...
    07-25-11 09:28 PM
    I'm going to be traveling to the US next week and want to take my Blackberry. I figure I need about 10-15mb of data and about 250 text messages. Does anybody know of a good deal for travel?

Thanks
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/ad...lwithyourphone

I am in the US this week

There is NO CHEAP WAY to txt in the USA you can pay $50 for unlimited txts for the month, $10 for unlimited txts per day

As for Blackberry use
    I pay $10/month + $1/MB for my US data as it bounces around when I'm going in and out, 1-3MB per day is what I average on my Blackberry.
    07-26-11 09:08 AM
    Ok, thanks for the help. I saw those packages online and was hoping somebody had something special hidden up their sleeves, haha. I guess now I just have to debate whether I really want to pay to have my phone for the week.
    07-26-11 10:27 AM
    Try to see T-Mobile Pre Paid plans... you can get it working if you have unlocked GSM blackberry device.
    07-26-11 07:12 PM
    Agreed - TMOBILE is the only selection right now.
    07-26-11 09:01 PM
    Try to see T-Mobile Pre Paid plans... you can get it working if you have unlocked GSM blackberry device.
    I see they offer prepaid calling mins, but how about BIS data plans? If BIS plans are offered, would that mean I would have to disable/delete my Rogers BIS email accounts and set them up on T-Mobile?

I plan to travel in the US for a week (NYC specific).
    07-30-11 05:45 PM

Thanks

Do not go with rogers for their absurd roaming packages. You are seriously way better off getting a pre-paid sim for a carrier in the US. If you need to unlock your phone it shouldnt cost you more than like 10 dollars so you still save.
    08-05-11 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD