I have a Bold 9000.

I've tried everything suggested on other posts with the same issue.

I've tried a battery pull, soft reset, hard reset, and I even wiped my phone clean and reinstalled both the Leaked and Official Latest Release but the issue is still there.

Please help?
    07-25-11 08:07 PM
    same exact problem and tried solutions here.... any other suggestions anyone????
    07-26-11 11:00 AM
    What it says when you try to turn it on?
    07-26-11 06:29 PM
    What the title says.

"Unable to turn Wi-Fi on."

That's the message being shown.
    07-27-11 05:56 AM
    It's a hardware issue. I took it to a repair shop to ask a question and they told me the wifi antenna may be gone. So I guess that sums it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 09:40 AM
    It's a hardware issue. I took it to a repair shop to ask a question and they told me the wifi antenna may be gone. So I guess that sums it up.
    I don't think so because when the antenna is gone it will turn on your wifi and will be searching and give you "no networks found" but you get "unable to turn wifi on" so this is not a antenna problem.

Enjoy DelftEo

07-27-11 10:15 AM
    ok well any other solutions then? 3 os' later still no luck...
    07-27-11 12:43 PM
    same problem. is this just an apple style sabotage to force an upgrade? I'm not even mad if it is. just be honest
    09-08-11 09:14 AM
    i think the issue maybe in your Router
    09-09-11 01:43 AM
    A proper wipe and Hybrid OS will fix this if your hardware is intact. What OS are you running?

I'm on WiFi now and listening to Pandora, downloading an mp4 episode of Democracy Now and surfin Crackberry all at the same time and I have no hour glass or glitches in audio. Oh yeah, Pandora is running high quality mode.

Last edited by olblueyez; 09-14-11 at 02:41 AM.
    09-09-11 02:04 AM
    I don't think the router would have anything to do with it as its not working either at my home or at work. the phone won't turn on alltgoether.

Thanks for rubbing it in that you have wi-fi and i dont ! lol
    09-12-11 09:59 AM
    09-12-11 07:43 PM
    the same problem to me before.
    09-12-11 09:52 PM
    restored the OS - still not working. would it be advisable to downgrade to one of the 4.## OS isntead of 5?

I cant imagine its a hardware issue since nothing physically happened to the phone.
    09-15-11 09:54 AM
    i seem to recall a similar problem some years ago. Before TMobile US had proper service books we had to do tinkering with tools, options, advanced options, tcp ip and enter the TM apn and delete user name and password. Later when TM had proper service books the process was not needed. Try resending service books and see if that solves the problem. If not call your carrier and ask them to verify the tcp ip information. If all else fails ask the carrier's tech support to be transferred to RIM support.
    09-15-11 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD