I am currently unable to send e-mails from my phone, and need to verify my password. Everytime, I try to go to the e-mail settings, I am able to select which type of account it is, but then I am sent back to the main setup page. It's been like this for around a month now. I am able to recieve e-mails though. I also tried logging on to the Verizon BIS site, but when I go to register, I get this message: "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service." I'm getting really frustrated as I need my e-mail for school and work.
    07-25-11 06:57 PM
    Worth a shot but you can try dialing *228 and hitting option 1 to re-register the phone.
    07-25-11 07:11 PM
    ^ Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work.

I am not receiving e-mails at all now. Now when I click on e-mail settings, I can't even access the page, and a pop-up appears saying 'Unable to open email setup application. Contact your wireless service provider.' I still can't access the BIS site either. I can only send e-mails from one of my connected e-mails, even thought I can't receive e-mails from that account. I'm soo frustrated with this whole situation and the phone in general. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
    12-06-11 07:33 PM
    Contact service provider from a landline. I had the same problem and my carrier had to contact RIM to reset the phone. Get all of your passwords ready, your going to need them
    12-06-11 09:00 PM
    ^ Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work.

I am not receiving e-mails at all now. Now when I click on e-mail settings, I can't even access the page, and a pop-up appears saying 'Unable to open email setup application. Contact your wireless service provider.' I still can't access the BIS site either. I can only send e-mails from one of my connected e-mails, even thought I can't receive e-mails from that account. I'm soo frustrated with this whole situation and the phone in general. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago after an OS update. I got stuck in the password loop on the phone email settings, went to the vzw.blackberry website and got stuck in that login/password recovery loop a few times and eventually got the "can't view on a desktop browser" error, so I tried from the phone browser and got the same message. I completely wiped and reinstalled the OS 3-4 times over a few days and still couldn't set it up.

It's an issue where their network loses the association with your phone and email addresses...the network receives the emails on your accounts listed but doesn't know where to forward them.

Long story short, go to the [carrier].blackberry website and call your tech support number. I finally broke down and called the tech support number listed, told a little white lie about how I came about doing an OS update, and within 5 minutes of talking to a real person, they had me all fixed up, plus now I can log into the .blackberry website.
    12-07-11 09:58 AM
    I had similar issue on my Bold 9930. Finally found a hint that my OS was not installed properly (THANK YOU CRACKBERRY FORUMS). Something about an interruption during the original install that doesn't cause other noticeable problems. I reinstalled 7.1, and now can access settings.

Others have posted how to reinstall on a PC, but I had a hard time recalling for a Mac. It's easy (back up everything first of course--data will be wiped, but easily restored). Here's how to for Mac: KB19915-How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer
    02-11-12 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD