More VZW Monaco pics and video leaked today, including two pic which one has physical buttons and one has touch ones.....

also two videos at the bottom of the page

Via Berrycn.com
    Last edited by dsquared2; 07-22-11 at 02:34 PM.
    07-22-11 12:53 PM
    Lookin good. Hard to see, but doesn't the bottom right one seem to have a bigger screen than the one at top right? Maybe just a bad angle, I want the physical buttons though.
    07-22-11 01:49 PM
    07-22-11 02:07 PM
    Please tell me that the Touch without physical keys is coming to Verizon!
    07-22-11 02:19 PM
    Why is there one with physical buttons and one without?
    07-22-11 02:20 PM
    Why is there one with physical buttons and one without?
    One will probably be GSM and one will be CDMA.
    07-22-11 02:29 PM
    ))))))))))))))))
    07-22-11 02:32 PM
    Please tell me that the Touch without physical keys is coming to Verizon!
    In the videos, the VZW branded one has physical buttons and the unbranded one has touch buttons :/
    MikeSuede likes this.
    07-22-11 02:32 PM
    Man dem some Sexy Berries!!!!!
    07-22-11 02:37 PM
    The 9860 in this thread has the physical buttons:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...anding-631409/

I hope this means that the 9850 on Sprint will have the capacitive buttons.
    07-22-11 02:39 PM
    In the videos, the VZW branded one has physical buttons and the unbranded one has touch buttons :/
    Thanks, I just saw that. What a jip! You think RIM could be sending a payback message to Verizon for the canceling the Storm 3? Lol...
    07-22-11 02:42 PM
    Thanks, I just saw that. What a jip! You think RIM could be sending a payback message to Verizon for the canceling the Storm 3? Lol...
    not sure haha :P im kind of indifferent on it b/c i appreciate physical feedback on buttons
    07-22-11 02:49 PM
    Something doesn't make sense. In the Landing thread there is a picture of a GSM at&t 9860 and it has the physical buttons.
    07-22-11 02:49 PM
    Those back plates are on the wrong phone. The first one with capacative buttons it titled 9860 and has a blank back cover. But at the end of the video when he shows the about screen it is labled 9850 CDMA.
    The second video with the physical buttons has the verizon back cover but in the about screen it is listed as 9860 3G.
    So, if this video is true, CDMA will have capacative buttons and 3G will have physical buttons.
    But who knows... we don't know for sure how old these test phones are... it doesn't make sense to release these two phones with different buttons.
    I'm willing to bet when these actually come to market, they will both either have physical buttons or capacative buttons.
    BB.David likes this.
    07-22-11 03:09 PM
    Those back plates are on the wrong phone. The first one with capacative buttons it titled 9860 and has a blank back cover. But at the end of the video when he shows the about screen it is labled 9850 CDMA.
    The second video with the physical buttons has the verizon back cover but in the about screen it is listed as 9860 3G.
    So, if this video is true, CDMA will have capacative buttons and 3G will have physical buttons.
    But who knows... we don't know for sure how old these test phones are... it doesn't make sense to release these two phones with different buttons.
    I'm willing to bet when these actually come to market, they will both either have physical buttons or capacative buttons.
    Probably right. I bet by the time these devices actually come to market, they will both be in possession of the new POTUS - a female nanobot from the Progessive Aliens Party.
    07-22-11 03:23 PM
    Just in case, above is not a political dig at either party but an indication of how long it has been since these devices were announced...back in the Eisenhower Administration.
    MikeSuede likes this.
    07-22-11 03:24 PM
    If you pause at around 6:34 in the video labeled 9860 (GSM) the About screen says CDMA. But the phone has capacitive buttons.

The phone in the video labeled 9850 does NOT say CDMA, however it has the Verizon battery door and the phone has physical buttons.

I'm guessing since this is being tested in Asia, the man switched the battery doors by accident.

So
    CDMA = capacitive
    GSM/HSPA = physical
    07-22-11 03:48 PM
    The GSM/HSPA version (at least on AT&T) definitely will have physical buttons:
    07-22-11 03:58 PM
    I love either model, physical or capacitive. I cannot wait for its release!
    07-22-11 07:55 PM
    They're just buttons, what's the big deal? Either they'll have 4 physical buttons or capacative buttons. It's irritating seeing people find the smallest thing to complain about like 4 little buttons! The most important thing is the phone those buttons are connected to.
    Last edited by bigjman; 07-23-11 at 05:26 PM.
    07-23-11 03:19 PM
    I love either model, physical or capacitive. I cannot wait for its release!
    Yes enough with the talk, now get us the phone~
    07-23-11 05:43 PM
    I miss the original capacative buttons.
    07-23-11 06:04 PM
    They're just buttons, what's the big deal? Either they'll have 4 physical buttons or capacative buttons. It's irritating seeing people find the smallest thing to complain about like 4 little buttons! The most important thing is the phone those buttons are connected to.
    Couldn't agree more with this comment. Get over the damn buttons people! If they work properly then you should be happy.
    07-25-11 02:50 PM
    Couldn't agree more with this comment. Get over the damn buttons people! If they work properly then you should be happy.
    Actually no. This was actually almost a rather civil discussion. But once more the forces of ignorance must rear their ugly head to assert that if you don't feel the way they do - you're wrong and should shut up. We are in the CB forums... a motha-FKN forum. Where people are suppossed to express their opinion. No has said boo to anyone that said they love the buttons. If someone doesn't like physical buttons on a BB device posted in the CB forum, then they should feel free to say, " you know I don't like the buttons." No one said, " anyone who likes the buttons are wrong" or that they're whining, or that they're conformist, RIM bootlickers. People just said, "nah- I don't like the buttons." But that was too much for some of you. You should be ashamed. RIM had an internal and external discussion over physical buttons. RIM made 2 versions of the phone, one with physical buttons and one w/o. Clearly carriers were torn. But nope, RIM is wrong and you and little jman are smarter, RIM should have told the carriers to stop whing and crying and take whatever they are given.

So I ask you to please - please pull the stick that resides in the arse of the stick that is buried in your colon out. A free exchange of ideas is necessary to the advancement of all things. Stifling dissent is the dark path to ignorance and facism.
    07-25-11 03:06 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD