My Torch 9800 has been able to text pictures since new early this year but suddenly the image scaling feature has stopped working.In the past it would give options as to the size of the image but not now.I tried attaching photos and even tried re-sending pictures sent successfully in the past,nothing works that I have tried.Any guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks
    07-20-11 06:51 PM
    My Torch 9800 has been able to text pictures since new early this year but suddenly the image scaling feature has stopped working.In the past it would give options as to the size of the image but not now.I tried attaching photos and even tried re-sending pictures sent successfully in the past,nothing works that I have tried.Any guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks
    I'm not sure what you mean by "image scaling" -- to send a picture by text, you select Send from the BB menu, select Text Message, and the picture is then put into a new text message. At what point in this process did you ever see an option to scale (resize, presumably) the image? In fact, the only way I know to manipulate an picture already on the phone is with a 3rd party app such as Photo Editor.
    07-21-11 06:33 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean by "image scaling" -- to send a picture by text, you select Send from the BB menu, select Text Message, and the picture is then put into a new text message. At what point in this process did you ever see an option to scale (resize, presumably) the image? In fact, the only way I know to manipulate an picture already on the phone is with a 3rd party app such as Photo Editor.
    I think I've seen what the OP is talking about. When sending an image I'll sometimes get a prompt to resize the image, options like original, large, medium, small. No other manipulation...and it doesn't change the image on my phone only what is sent.

I think it only comes up when an image is over a certain size?..or maybe if the image is too large for MMS? I'm not entirely sure, but I don't see it all the time. If I remember right there was a checkbox to use this setting on pics from now on, so maybe the OP selected that and now isn't getting the size option?
    Last edited by Dwain77; 07-21-11 at 01:46 PM.
    07-21-11 01:42 PM
    Dwain is right as to what I did see on my Torch as to the promt with options as to image size.Now when I touch the send key I get in red letters:image scaling failed with a red X. I have tried to send pictures that I have sent in the past successfully,but I get the same problem as with other pictures.I can still recieve pictures and send text only messages.
    07-22-11 01:10 PM
    Check the Auto Scale Images setting in SMS Message Options.
    07-22-11 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD