Just wondering if this phone is really worth it? (I'd have to buy it outright)? How is it worth it?
    07-20-11 03:49 PM
    I'd say so. It's an awesome phone. I was probably going to get it instead of the Sensation but I'm impatient. Just make sure the one you're going to get isn't the Tegra 2 variant.
    07-20-11 06:44 PM
    According to all the reviews, its probably the best phone right now so i would say yes, definitely worth it.
    07-20-11 06:57 PM
    Whats the Tegra 2 Variant? Does Virgin have it? I wanna unlock the virgin mobile because they don't take sim cards and its locked to their network. How can I unlock it to use it on Rogers?
    07-20-11 07:39 PM
    Worth it is hard to determine.

It is certainly reviewed as the best phone to date, but that doesn't mean they won't say the same about something tomorrow.

While I haven't personally played with it, I know several who have, and while they gave it good reviews, I couldn't imagine them holding out on the next phone to keep it for a long period of time.

With how many Android devices are announced / released on a daily basis it is so hard to keep up, and it can become quite an expensive habit.
    07-20-11 07:44 PM
    Whats the Tegra 2 Variant? Does Virgin have it? I wanna unlock the virgin mobile because they don't take sim cards and its locked to their network. How can I unlock it to use it on Rogers?
    You cannot unlock a CDMA device.
    07-20-11 08:00 PM
    ^%#%$# im soo upset seriously I really wanna get this phone so bad.... :'(
    Last edited by enze; 07-20-11 at 08:39 PM.
    07-20-11 08:16 PM
    There should be a SGS II device for your carrier.
    07-20-11 08:55 PM
    Rogers? Noo news about it at all.
    Except the infuse is coming to Rogers. Blah. There has to be a way to unlock the virgin mobile though! The phone itself is xapable of running on Roger Frequencies and it has a spot to put in a sim card. It just has to be unlockable or something to be used on Rogers... It just has to be!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by enze; 07-20-11 at 09:09 PM.
    07-20-11 08:57 PM
    any idea what new 4g android smartphones are coming this summer or fall on at&t?
    i have an upgrade and am considering android as an option.
    07-20-11 09:53 PM
    Whats the Tegra 2 Variant?
    The Tegra 2 variant uses the Tegra 2 chip instead of the Exynos chip which is much better.
    07-21-11 02:48 AM
    Whyd you tell me not to get the Tegra 2 then... And I'm stuck in a rut I don't know how toget this phone

07-21-11 07:30 AM
    While the Tegra 2 may not be as good as the other one when it comes to benchmarks and whatnot..to an average user you wouldn't notice any difference imo.

The SGS2 is definately the phone to get right now..although the Atrix is still a great buy as well..and if 4.3" screen was too big for you..then I'd definately recommend the Atrix. And while I agree that it is hard to keep up with all the new phones that seem to be released..one should "future proof" your device imo. Get something that has it all and wont leave you with phone envy I'm a few months. This is why I upgraded from a Desire Z to the Atrix after only a few months. The atrix had dual core..front facing camera..and tons of potential..and I new that it would keep me from feeling phone envy everytime a new phone dropped..and it has. I still love it and don't regret it one bit.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 07-21-11 at 11:43 AM.
    07-21-11 11:40 AM
    The store told me its a GSM phone

07-21-11 02:43 PM
    The store told me its a GSM phone

07-21-11 03:33 PM
    The fact this phone will be on Bell tells me there is no reason it wont work for Rogers. I'm running an unlocked Bell Atrix on Telus..so I'm sure the networks are all running off the same frequencies.
    07-21-11 06:29 PM
    Whyd you tell me not to get the Tegra 2 then... And I'm stuck in a rut I don't know how toget this phone

Because the Exynos is better? Sorry if I phrased it weirdly.
    07-21-11 07:45 PM
    While the Tegra 2 may not be as good as the other one when it comes to benchmarks and whatnot..to an average user you wouldn't notice any difference imo.

The SGS2 is definately the phone to get right now..although the Atrix is still a great buy as well..and if 4.3" screen was too big for you..then I'd definately recommend the Atrix. And while I agree that it is hard to keep up with all the new phones that seem to be released..one should "future proof" your device imo. Get something that has it all and wont leave you with phone envy I'm a few months. This is why I upgraded from a Desire Z to the Atrix after only a few months. The atrix had dual core..front facing camera..and tons of potential..and I new that it would keep me from feeling phone envy everytime a new phone dropped..and it has. I still love it and don't regret it one bit.
    I dunno, if she gets the version with the Tegra 2 I couldn't recommend it over the Sensation or the EVO 3D.
    07-21-11 07:47 PM
    If it's on Virgin or Bell it's sim unlockable to Rogers.

And yes, it's the best android phone on the market - bar none. I've been playing with our store demos of the Atrix, Sensation and SGS2 and the SGS2 is just far more responsive, I found the Sensation bogged down after a while. I like Sense 3.0 alot, but I will always prefer the SGS series.
    07-21-11 08:27 PM
    Now if someone could pretty pleAse tell me how to unlock the virgin mobile SGS2. I assume I root it and then download some app to unlock the phone?

07-21-11 08:37 PM
    Now if someone could pretty pleAse tell me how to unlock the virgin mobile SGS2. I assume I root it and then download some app to unlock the phone?

None of that is required. Just get an unlock code.
    07-21-11 09:49 PM
    Where where where oh please tell me where mighty crackberry member! I am on my hands and knees begging oh plzzz tell me where T_T

07-21-11 10:01 PM
    Is the SGS2 worth it?

Yes. It is the most powerful smartphone on the market. It has the nicest screen on the market. It is super thin and from what I heard does not feel cheap like the original SGS.

If I were to buy a smartphone right now based on specs, I would get the SGS 2 no questions asked.
    07-21-11 10:16 PM
    I will be worth it for a couple weeks maybe months then something else will come out better than it (as it's common with Android) and it'll depreciate faster than a new car driven off the lot.
    07-22-11 08:59 AM
    None of that is required. Just get an unlock code.
    I can't find that anywhere on the internet. All I'm finding is root the phone first and then download the unlocker app.

07-22-11 04:29 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD