I am wondering if this phone address a few of the BB OS annoyances:
    1. Is there column view in the Browser?
    2.can emails show graphics by default (without requiring several key presses to show them)?
    3. can you press U to get rid of the status bar when in the browser? (OS 5 does this and it just grants more screen real estate, but OS 6 seems not to! :-()

Thanks for any info on these issues...

Looking forward to the launch on Sprint!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 12:53 PM
    I will second the non-column-view annoyance, that was the most bone headed design change EVER. Also in OS6 they took away the "j" key shortcut to reload with javascript, which was invaluable to those of us who have js turned off but who need it on the fly occasionally.

Knowing RIM, there is every chance these annoyances will continue into OS7.

07-20-11 07:15 PM
    Well if the column view issue again is akin to yet another lacking browser on OS7 then that will be a deal breaker for me and simply will swap this Tour of mine for a Droid without question.

Would just be too unacceptable.

07-20-11 08:13 PM
    Column View can usually be resolve with a paused click of the trackpad. I do this consistently on Style. There are certain OSes on a couple of devices, but I've been able to column-zoom for the last 2 OSes. It's a click-brief hold for me. Escape to return to normal view.

So far I haven't seen where they've returned Column View as a locked-in option. Also, showing all the images initially in an email hasn't been something I've heard about. I'll edit when I do. Usually, that is done to save data, and is correctable with an application if so desired.

Last edited by BergerKing; 07-20-11 at 09:26 PM.
    07-20-11 09:18 PM
    Great questions

07-20-11 09:40 PM
    That click-of-the-magnifying-glass thing is annoying, and often does not work. And when it does work, often the text goes way off the screen so the user is reduced to scrolling back and forth to read the page. Ridiculous.
    I literally gave up BlackBerrys because of the lack of Column View in the later OSs. WHY, BlackBerry, WHY??
    And the second reason I gave them up (for now) is having to do all these clicks when reading HTML email. And the email layout is usually still all screwed up. Just these two things make the Android/iPhone seem so much easier to deal with. Less fussy clicking using HTML - which *ahem* is the standard these days, Mr. Blackberry.
    This is the one company I know of which *removes* features as time marches on...
    Last edited by ronnienyc; 07-20-11 at 10:11 PM.
    07-20-11 10:05 PM
    Speaking to the 9900 owners I know, the pinch-zoom works very well for such things, accirding to what has been relayed.

07-21-11 12:19 AM
    That's good to know. Now, about the rest of these issues...

07-21-11 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD