View Poll Results: Are you having problems with the new Bridge and PB update 1.07?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have issues with the new 1.07 PB update and Bridge

24 22.86%
  • No, I have no issues with the new 1.07 PB update and Bridge

74 70.48%
  • Yes, I have issues with the new 1.07 PB update and I'm not running bridge

3 2.86%
  • No, I have no issues with the new 1.07 PB update and I'm not running bridge

4 3.81%
    Out of curiosity, since there are mostly negative threads regarding problems with the new bridge update and the new PB update, I thought it would be interesting to know how many people did not have any issues vs the people that did. Perhaps you can post what phone and OS version you are running with the bridge and the new 1.07 update.

I'm using a Torch 9800 Telus OS 6.0.0.448 with the 1.07 update and have no issues at all, or none that I've come across. In fact I used to have a problem of the notification bar still saying I had new messages but that seems to have disappeared now.
    07-20-11 09:49 AM
    I have a Torch as well and running latest OS from AT&T. Everything is working great.
    07-20-11 10:00 AM
    Could't respond to poll. No bridge problems but need workaround to allow wifi synch and EPUB Reader no longer opens files.
    07-20-11 10:00 AM
    I am having no issues with 1.07.2650. In fact this is the best OS yet. 1.06 was the worst for bugs. 1.05 was better than 1.06. I am using the bold 9000 for the bridge and all functions work properly. I am flying out of the country with my family for a 2 week Island getaway and I like the new addition of the airplane mode. No more arguing with cranky flight attendants. Just flash the airplane icon and you are set.

The browser is running a lot faster, without having hanging pages. RIM has made a lot of improvements and I am looking forward to future updates. Still no spellchecker yet and no native email and other things like a file manager, but things are moving nicely. I loaded up 500 trading reference books I had on PDF and they all came out perfect. I loaded up all my music and new games from app world and had enough space to put 24 HD movies on.

My girls really love watching movies and the hotel we are staying at has free wifi and a big flat panel HDTV. We have no need to pay for in room movies and with the music, games, books and internet should keep the family entertained. I have had the playbook since the April launch and have nothing negative to say about it. Keep up the good work RIM.
    07-20-11 10:27 AM
    there's no box for "I was having problems with the bridge before the update and I still am".
    07-20-11 10:43 AM
    I have a T-Mobile Bold9700 (OS 5) and am experiencing the bridge problem (won't open email, calendar, BBM, etc). Up until this update I have never had any issues. in fact, I am replying to this post on my playbook. I just can't use itto reply to emails at the moment....
    07-20-11 10:46 AM
    no problems with bridge however now I have a problem with connecting to my PC via the wifi network, i can't. Not a big deal but i'd like everything to work as it should
    Working better than ever here.
    Would be interesting to compare what models of both bb and pb people are using that are having or not having any issues.

9650/32GB Pb here.
    I just noticed a "Shut Down, Stand By and Restart" buttons. I'm sure one of the wasn't there before. The issue is that the Standby button restarts the Playbook. Anyone else having this problem?
    07-20-11 10:48 AM
    No issues with updated PB OS (32GB) and Bridge software with my 9700 running 6.0.0.600. The bridge actually appears to be working better after the updates.
    07-20-11 10:49 AM
    My Bridge works fine but I have WiFi file sharing issues.
    07-20-11 10:52 AM
    no probs tmo 9700 os 6
    07-20-11 10:54 AM
    my bridge contacts werent working yesterday, today everything runs perfectly.

torch 9800 6.0.0.600
    07-20-11 10:59 AM
    it work fine for me but everytime i record full hd video with bridge on the video lags and stop.you guys have the same issue?i have 32 gb version bridge with att torch.
    07-20-11 11:36 AM
    I had to do a wipe and reset on the playbook. All things bridge died and so did wifi. I even had to update to .06 via the desktop. .06 is back to normal but I currently can not get .07.
    07-20-11 11:46 AM
    No problems with Bridge here, if anything it works better than before, my only problem with the 1.0.7.2650 update is that EPUB reader no longer works
    07-20-11 11:52 AM
    Bridge is inop the same as others. 9650 Verizon and playbook 64

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 11:58 AM
    I just noticed a "Shut Down, Stand By and Restart" buttons. I'm sure one of the wasn't there before. The issue is that the Standby button restarts the Playbook. Anyone else having this problem?
    Yes me too. I hadn't used that little app since the OS upgrade that allows you to stand-by by clicking on the battery indicator. THAT still works properly. But the separate "Power Off" app doesn't.

By the way, I checked all the functionality: "Turn Off" works properly, "Restart" works properly, but "Standby" is pooched.

Crazy.
    07-20-11 12:01 PM
    it work fine for me but everytime i record full hd video with bridge on the video lags and stop.you guys have the same issue?i have 32 gb version bridge with att torch.
    No problem here - bridge on with Rogers Bold 9000 & 32gb PB, recording for a couple of minutes at 1080p. No lags or other issues.
    07-20-11 12:08 PM
    The only problem I seem to be having is I keep losing the bridge icons on my PB. They just disappear, but I can still click where the icon should be and everything still opens and functions just fine. No problems with functionality. A restart of the PB will bring the icons back.
    07-20-11 12:15 PM
    After I deleted the bluetooth connections from my playbook and rebooted both devices, then bridged them everything works much much much better than before the update. bridge is much improved IMHO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 12:17 PM
    I voted that I am having problems with bridge after 1.07, however I FIXED the problems and now it is the most stable PB OS yet.

My problem was that I had an old version of Bridge on my phone, although I had downloaded upgrades over time, the old version persisted.

Once I deleted the old version, installed the newest from App World and rebooted, Bridge works flawlessly.

And I cannot create the lockups on the device that I was seeing with 1.05 and 1.06, either.

I want the big features, but I think this is a solid release.

Verizon Bold 9650 with 6.0.0.524 OS

Ivan
    07-20-11 12:18 PM
    I'm using a Torch 9800 on Rogers with OS 6.0.0.448 on a BES and bridge version 1.0.4. Anytime i try to access my bridge apps they stall on the BB logo screen and then just shut down.
    07-20-11 12:20 PM
    I just tried this and my standby button in the shutdown app is also causing a restart. The battery restart still works properly.
    07-20-11 12:25 PM
    I voted that I am having problems with bridge after 1.07, however I FIXED the problems and now it is the most stable PB OS yet.

My problem was that I had an old version of Bridge on my phone, although I had downloaded upgrades over time, the old version persisted.

Once I deleted the old version, installed the newest from App World and rebooted, Bridge works flawlessly.

And I cannot create the lockups on the device that I was seeing with 1.05 and 1.06, either.

I want the big features, but I think this is a solid release.

Verizon Bold 9650 with 6.0.0.524 OS

Ivan
    07-20-11 12:57 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD