I have a blackberry curve 8520. Recently, it started showing me white screen problem.
    My blackberry doen't show while screen all the time. The while screen always happens suddenly. After white screen happened, I can't restart device normally by pulling out battery. It's going to show white screen again during boot procedure. Only if i connect my blackberry to computer by USB cable or recharger, it will restart normally. I also found that if I keep my phone connect to PC or recharger, it never show white screen.
    I've already tried to pull out SD-card, SIM card. But the problem remains. I found that my phone turn to white screen more frequently when i am calling or using gprs data.
    So, that all. Any one know what the problem with the phone?
    07-20-11 03:28 AM
    Well, From what you have mentioned it appears the phone needs to be opened up and throughout cleansed. Also check all the connectors and the ribbon on the LCD
    07-20-11 03:54 AM
    I also reinstalled the system(OS 5.0) but didnt help. If possible that problem is caused by my battery?
    07-20-11 04:01 AM
    I have this same problem, when this happened I did a battery removal but still a white screen, I thought it was the battery so I borrowed a friends battery and when I put it in it started normal...

Once I am using my battery this happens on occasion and nothing can be done but plug in some sort of charging then it reboots...

Any ideas?
    07-20-11 09:43 PM
    I replaced my battery with a new one, works nice
    08-02-11 11:34 PM
    I have a blackberry curve 8520. Recently, it started showing me white screen problem.
    My blackberry doen't show while screen all the time. The while screen always happens suddenly. After white screen happened, I can't restart device normally by pulling out battery. It's going to show white screen again during boot procedure. Only if i connect my blackberry to computer by USB cable or recharger, it will restart normally. I also found that if I keep my phone connect to PC or recharger, it never show white screen.
    I've already tried to pull out SD-card, SIM card. But the problem remains. I found that my phone turn to white screen more frequently when i am calling or using gprs data.
    So, that all. Any one know what the problem with the phone?
    i had the same issue all i done was change the battery try this before u go spending loads of money
    10-03-12 08:38 AM
    This is happening to me too, is it really the battery? Or the screen?
    10-06-12 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD