Thought organizer, lister, task organizer and scheduler. Makes other PIMs including native ones obsolete.

I know Slicktasks is not new, but that's just how awesome it is - it has been a steady and reliable companion on my Bold for many years - my whole life is on it and I am totally dependent. Appointments, scheduling recurring alarms you name it - link notes and contacts to tasks from native PIM....easy reordering and prioritization of tasks, virtually unlimited subtasks each task can have it's own font style and color...... - one reason I can't possibly switch to android.

I have NEVER lost any data using it - I can't say the same for other similar apps . This is PRO all the way, not a toy.

It makes all PIM's and list apps, even note apps obsolete, Simple to use and reliable backup and restore and transfer to new device. The reason I am mentioning this, even though it is a phone app... because Playbook is out now and I want to see some Slicktasks development for it!! So just getting the word out...

I could be persuaded if anyone knows of a better app , but I have not seen it.

mindberry.net/slicktasks

There is no playbook app to compare!!

PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-26-11 at 02:47 AM.
    07-17-11 02:50 PM
    Looks interesting, I would like to see a Playbook version
    Have you contacted the developers asking if they will port to Playbook?
    07-17-11 03:26 PM
    best task app ever!!! it really worth it!
    07-25-11 01:37 AM
    best task app ever!!! it really worth it!
    Glad you agree -you must be a deep thinker. I was feeling alone. Why this hasn't become more popular is way beyond me as I feel it is the only app really worth having.It is the only one I simply cannot do without.

My professional life is totally dependent on it and all other to do, scheduling, planning, documenting and task apps are amateur, unreliable, overly complex or too simple to be taken seriously.This is versatile enough to do all in one and yet simple to use.Love the tree hierarchy and sublists and sublists of sublists, and sublists of sublists of sublists...as deep as you want with each list item being whatever you want it to be - a scheduled task with attached notes and contact info... or simply an item in a list, each with its own identifying font color and style to visually separate them and categorize them. EVERYTHING is just in a big long categorized prioritized list, with hotkeys to easily rearrange, recategorize and change hierarchy level for each item in the list as desired.

This is a pro app and well worth the money. Only limitation is display size of phone, which is why i really want to see a playbook version.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-25-11 at 07:06 AM.
    07-25-11 06:47 AM
    Conqu and Get It Done are good alternatives.
    07-25-11 11:18 PM
    Conqu and Get It Done are good alternatives.
    Thanks - but tried them both, not even close. They pigeonhole you into a certain predefined way of organizing things and canned categories with no expandability, variation or customization... too complicated to reorganize, no way to prioritize, no way to make subtasks...

Slicktasks is a simple virtually infinite hierarchical list that you can organize anyway you wish -

The list doesn't even have to be a list of tasks, it can just be a shopping list for example.

Then you can have a shopping list for each store that you frequent which is a sublist of a list of stores...the list of stores can then go under the list of errands you have to run so it's a tree like structure. The list of errands can be a subtask of the day you plan to do it - on and on

Each sublist can be collapsed to make the list look simple at the top level, then expanded for detail for each task. For each item you can add details like the store's hours , the coupons for each item you want to buy etc etc...each task can be scheduled if desired with reminders -

Once you get the idea it is awesome for anything you can even make an outline of a paper you want to write for example ..headings at the top level which expand for subheadings...collapse to look simpler with just top level headings...

In other words it's not just a task manager it is an organizer for everything and anything.

Love it.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-26-11 at 02:51 AM.
    07-26-11 02:46 AM
    15 bucks for an app is ridiculous, unless i input tasks and the app does them for me.

15 bucks?
    howarmat and Erandhawa like this.
    07-26-11 09:19 AM
    15 bucks for an app is ridiculous, unless i input tasks and the app does them for me.

15 bucks?
    Unless it's worth the price!!

I have gotten more value out of this over the last three years than one hundred .99 cent apps. No I have no connection to the developer, I am just a believer - this is testimony that it is worth the price. My interest is only in getting more people interested to encourage them to convert for Playbook where there is a larger screen which is the only deficiency in this.
    indie_user likes this.
    07-26-11 02:25 PM
    this app has a price but this app really make your life more productive and easy! outstanding. hoping for the slicktasks team to update this app along with the latest OS and upcoming blackberry devices! don't want this app to be gone! this is an app for life! for real!
    07-28-11 03:20 AM

15 bucks?
    My we are getting spoiled with .99 simplapps (pronounced Sim-plapse) aren't we? - this is a serious reliable infinitely useful professional business app.

How much do we have to pay for Microsoft Word? A stupid text editor that generally sucks? But we have to get it because everyone else uses it?
    07-28-11 05:01 AM
    How much do we have to pay for Microsoft Word? A stupid text editor that generally sucks? But we have to get it because everyone else uses it?
    That's exactly the point: you pay for it because others use it and you need to have a full compatibility with them (um... at least in theory )

But if you just need a text processor for yourself and don't care too much about everyone else you can easily go with OpenOffice FOR FREE and for 95% of people it will do the work as good (or as bad ) as MS Office does.

For this app MS Office is a bad example to compare with: using this app you don't care about what other people use, you're all alone to decide.
    07-28-11 03:07 PM
    That's exactly the point: you pay for it because others use it and you need to have a full compatibility with them (um... at least in theory )

But if you just need a text processor for yourself and don't care too much about everyone else you can easily go with OpenOffice FOR FREE and for 95% of people it will do the work as good (or as bad ) as MS Office does.

For this app MS Office is a bad example to compare with: using this app you don't care about what other people use, you're all alone to decide.
    True - bad example - just saying any desktop software is seldom seen at less than $39 or so... median price hmm $75 or more? whereas tab and phone apps, people go crazy if they have to spend more than three measly bucks...even if the quality and utility is head over heels above some of the junk .99 ones out there....

Lets just leave it at ... this app is well worth the $15 in utility, time savings in life efficiency. Trust me. It will pay for itself.
    07-28-11 04:09 PM
    I, too, like the value-for-dollar of SlickTasks. I also get that others may not.

For me, the $15 is worth that regular hit of calm clarity I get when I open the app and get my stuff out of my head and into a place I know I can retrieve it all quickly and at will.

:-)
    08-31-11 08:23 AM
    I'm forever in search of the perfect organizer. At the risk of being classified as not a deep thinker I prefer
    ToDoMatrix - Task Management Software for BlackBerry

This is pretty OT anyway, since neither Slicktasks nor ToDoMatrix have PB compatibility. I really like Conqu, but I gotta have it on my BB. Man, if a developer can make a great organizer that syncs across the PB and BB devices they will have hit the holy grail.
    08-31-11 11:02 AM
    I'm trying this program out, so far so good.
    One things is bugging the heck out of me.

How do I get rid of the white highlight on every other task?

I run a theme with a black background that may be affecting this.

Any way to remove this pain in the backside white highlights?

Thanks,

Tim

08-31-11 12:55 PM
    I'm forever in search of the perfect organizer. At the risk of being classified as not a deep thinker I prefer
    ToDoMatrix - Task Management Software for BlackBerry.
    Love these folks products but the cost of the app is a little whacked!

ToDoMatrix
    Essential - $29.99
    Pro - $59.99

Tim
    08-31-11 01:25 PM
    PB OS2 will likely make this discussion a non-issue when the RIM no charge PIM comes out as promised.
    08-31-11 03:09 PM
    I have used PocketDay Pro for years with great results and could be considered as another option.

Pocketday - BlackBerry Today Screen | Professional, Personal, Sports, Lists, Start versions from PocketDay
    trsbbs likes this.
    08-31-11 05:14 PM
    Love these folks products but the cost of the app is a little whacked!

ToDoMatrix
    Essential - $29.99
    Pro - $59.99

Tim
    That IS whacked - slicktasks is only $15... well worth it - todomatrix cant be that much better if at all...still hoping mindberry.net/slicktasks will support playbook.
    12-18-11 05:20 PM
    PB OS2 will likely make this discussion a non-issue when the RIM no charge PIM comes out as promised.
    Not true - I abandoned the PIM on my Bold the moment I started using slicktasks - it has so much more capability and so much more for organizing and prioritizing your tasks and lists.
    12-18-11 05:23 PM
    30 bucks is outrageous, and 15 bucks is still too much. but im trying out the trial. i'll report back but it has to be magical to be worth 15.
    01-30-12 01:41 AM
    Has anyone had any luck getting hold of the Slicktasks developer in the last few weeks. Been emailing for a new registration code but no luck
    02-01-12 01:11 PM
    Wunderlist is free and syncs automatically between many platforms, including BB and PB. It crashes almost constantly on my wife's iPhone 5, but I just blame Apple lol. Their website interface is pretty good and gives me the browser based access I need, but the BB app is actually pretty bad if you want a simple UI. For instance, you can't delete a task by using the delete key on your fantastic keyboard, which works throughout most of the rest of the OS. You'd think they could pick up on this sort of thing lol. Anyway, I'm gonna check to see if the BB phone app will sync with my Tasks app and then push that up to the web, since the app may work ok on PB (haven't tested it yet). Btw, the Android port of Evernote has a task list function which is bad but at least an option if you really need to sync to everywhere.
    11-27-12 04:26 AM
    Wunderlist is free and syncs automatically between many platforms, including BB and PB. It crashes almost constantly on my wife's iPhone 5, but I just blame Apple lol. Their website interface is pretty good and gives me the browser based access I need, but the BB app is actually pretty bad if you want a simple UI. For instance, you can't delete a task by using the delete key on your fantastic keyboard, which works throughout most of the rest of the OS. You'd think they could pick up on this sort of thing lol. Anyway, I'm gonna check to see if the BB phone app will sync with my Tasks app and then push that up to the web, since the app may work ok on PB (haven't tested it yet). Btw, the Android port of Evernote has a task list function which is bad but at least an option if you really need to sync to everywhere.
    Update: never mind, wunderlist does not sync with the native tasks app on BB like I thought. I can't use the BB app, but maybe others could. Hope it helps
    11-27-12 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD